Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

side effect of the low barrier of entry on LEB market?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

side effect of the low barrier of entry on LEB market?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited November 2012 in General

Just saw a post on WHT:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1205999

Gave me a pretty good laugh for a few minutes :)

Comments

• jhjh Member

There seem to be a lot of these threads on WHT recently..

• @jhadley said: There seem to be a lot of these threads on WHT recently..

Probably why @ajones thought he would have a better time on WHT than LET.

• I think it is more of the language barrier than anything else.

• @24khost said: I think it is more of the language barrier than anything else.

Doubt so... http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8407712&postcount=5

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited November 2012

@zhuanyi said: Gave me a pretty good laugh for a few minutes :)

Lol.... wait what? -> The simple answer for that person is ISPConfig 3 -> ispconfig.org/ispconfig-3/

• @marcm said: The simple answer for that person is ISPConfig 3

He knows how to use WHM only...and he thought he knows how to sell hosting :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Are you referring to the low cost of entry? Luckily, entry into the LEB market is actually quite expensive when compared to something like shared hosting. I mean, you can enter it for $50, but you'll get laughed away and be gone in a month.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited November 2012

@zhuanyi stop posting crap, and get your services up you are wasting time :(

• @Randy said: @zhuanyi stop posting crap, and get your services up you are wasting time :(

Thanked by (1): zhuanyi

Gosh, we need to get that thanks button back.

• @jarland - You're right we drop $2k on servers (minimum) a month if not more... Even when we were starting out we had bills of like $300 a month.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@BlueVM said: You're right we drop $2k on servers (minimum) a month if not more... Even when we were starting out we had bills of like $300 a month.

Yeah, if you want to provide the minimum necessary to make people think you're worth trying, you need at minimum 4 drives and software RAID10. Of course hardware RAID is preferred, but we're talking bare minimum to put out numbers people want to see. I can't find a way in that door without spending less than say...$120/m, and even that takes creative shopping. Colo brings it down, but increases overhead at first anyway.

• LeeLee Veteran

To be fair, some people do visit WHT and start posts like that who appear genuinely clueless and don't realise the shit coming for asking questions like that on a forum like that :)

At least he is honest in his lack of knowledge, what is scarier at WHT are the ones that claim to know it all, hosts that will tell you their service is the best on offer with the most amazing support yet they get hit with a small DDoS and go all sheepish as they have no clue what to do.

• @W1V_Lee said: At least he is honest in his lack of knowledge,

He probably thought everyone who is providing hosting just know as much (or probably a little less) than he does :)

• And this is why I am on LET.

• @Brandon said: And this is why I am on LET.

+1, @Chief, please give us the "thanks" button back! :)

• @Zen said: Not until he gets back next week at least.

Yes, we'll patiently wait and wait and wait...I guess none of the mods could do that?

• We spend $2k a month on colo alone... Our setup on our servers was well over $20k to date.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited November 2012

@BlueVM said: We spend $2k a month on colo alone... Our setup on our servers was well over $20k to date.

HUH? This is the second post you have, in the same topic, about how much money you spend in colo, yes, we all know you guys are big :) But honestly, you don't need 2k to start, and I am sure when you started, you didn't invest 2k as well...most of people here probably started from resellers, which is like 20 a month

• This is one of them moments where you feel sorry for his customers.