Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM is down!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM is down!

ValdikSSValdikSS Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

Hello!
BlueVM is totally down. All the VPSes, VPS CP and the main site.

Comments

• from there twitter looks like its only the cali servers
    https://twitter.com/BlueVM_vps

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Don't they have multiple locations?

• Yea I think they have them in Atlanta, Illinois, Kansas as well from what I remember. But yes my cali vps is down too :-(

• Odd, their website looks to be down too.

Public website (non-billing and non control panel) should always be multihomed on different networks.

Every time a provider does this single homed stuff I lose faith in them. When there is an outage that is the first place customers are headed.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

+1 to @pubcrawler. It's not like it costs a lot to have redundancy, especially if you have 4 datacenters around the US.

• thharristhharris Member
    edited November 2012

Damn guess i was lucky to snap up a buyvm $15/y plan I just moved everything over to it and then the outage started!

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited November 2012

ninja'd

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

According to the bot:

<Obby>joepie91: || Illinois: Online || Kansas: Online || Atlanta: Online || California: OFFLINE

• Jumped ship from them a while back, too unstable for my liking.

• +1 @serverbear.

I jumped ship last month or month before.

• Awesome, I just signed up with them yesterday or the day before that or whatever, with a VPS in each one of their locations.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2012

I've had a KVM with them since March. Hardware and network has been very stable and reliable. It's not in California.. and it's currently up and running just fine.

There appear to be specific locations (California is one of them) that often have problems, usually something getting DDoSed. I barely ever see issues with my Chicago BlueVM VPS, though.

• JordanJordan Member
    edited November 2012

I can confirm it is just California having the issues, the website is also unfortunately in California. The team are working on recovery now. Please bear with us.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited November 2012

Is bluevm the other host that got hacked like chicagoVPS. Cause they are working on recovery

• @24khost No we have not been hacked.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

No, it looks like the other host is EOR somewhat controlled by CVPS from what i read in other threads.
    M

• Okay thanks @J0rd4n Good to here it is not you.

• Hello,

We are investigating the cause of the network or server outage in California. All other locations are fine.

• @Ishaq When will the issue resolve? I think I must tranfer my vps to another locations.

• @guyusoftware

We are unsure at this moment. Waiting for a reply from the DC. Transfers can be requested via a ticket when the location is back online without packet loss.

• @ishaq @j0rd4n my vps is down ... there goes my 100++ days uptime ...

any ETA on when service will be available back ?

one client is on that vps, not important, but hate to see it goes offline for hours like this.

• @maelzx

Our apologies, we're both from the UK and just noticed the outage. The US was sleeping at the time. Awaiting response from DC. Updated will be posted here and on Twitter.

• @J0rd4n said: I can confirm it is just California having the issues, the website is also unfortunately in California. The team are working on recovery now. Please bear with us.

yeah, its California only..

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited November 2012

@Liam

No? why would you think that? it's only California and our nodes are prepaid for a year.

• For BlueVM Customers: We have no ETA on repair, our datacenter have been alerted about the issue and we are waiting for their verdict. Once the services are back online, any client hit by this downtime can request credit. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

• Update: according to our DC there was network maintenance last night, and the switch in our part of the DC seems to be having problems. We have no ETA at the moment. But we will keep you updated.

@maelzx said: there goes my 100++ days uptime ...

I think it's just a network outage, and the uptime will be fine :)

• JordanJordan Member
    edited November 2012

California services are back, we apologise to any customers affected by the downtime. Feel free to open tickets requesting credit.

@maelzx @joepie91 Yep, just network downtime, server uptime remains the same. DC says switch had a fault during maintenance.

• uptimerobot.com says: is back up (it was down for 09 hour(s), 19 minute(s) and 28 second(s))

BinaryCanary : Duration: 548 minutes