Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accidentally overwritten some of my WHMCS install :P
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Accidentally overwritten some of my WHMCS install :P

VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
edited November 2012 in General

Hey guys,

As if I've just done this... but accidentally overwritten some of my WHMCS install... and how irritating that the first folder it started overwriting with data from 2 weeks ago, before I actually realised what was happening, was my admin folder :P. Ohhh how silly, just thankful that this was on an install which was just for testing and didn't have any customer data on :P, plus I was wiping everything on there tonight anyway :).

Anybody else had similar issues or know of ways to fix similar things, just in case anybody else is as idiotic as I am ;D?

Comments

• Backup ;)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@liamwithers said: Anybody else had similar issues or know of ways to fix similar things, just in case anybody else is as idiotic as I am ;D?

I'm just as much of an idiot of you and have messed up many WHMCS installs like that and in other ways. Is this thread asking for help or asking if anyone else has been an idiot like me and you? :P

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@Taz yeah, didn't have backups considering it was just for test use.

@Infinity ahaha :P, not asking for help as such as I'll happily just do a reinstall :). Just wondering if others have been in similar situations, or even what they've done to fix specific things :P. E.g. somebody may have just reuploaded a direct copy a folder but with a different name, not realising and pulling their hair out for such a small issue :D

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

Why exactly is your admin folder the first folder in your WHMCS directory?! Rename it to something else.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe I did rename it, but it was still the first folder :P. Definitely naming it zzz999 next time ;D

• AsadAsad Member
    edited November 2012

Well that was silly of you.

Keep regular nightly backups, the only important whmcs files are the templates folder and the config file.