Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud Shards?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud Shards?

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited November 2012 in General

Saw it in @joodle 's sig, looks very shady. No contact info except form, standard generic terms and plans, unfinished website:

https://www.cloudshards.com/dedicatedhosting.php

Why host with us?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Curabitur pellentesque, neque venenatis aliquam hendrerit, nisi turpis gravida urna, ac imperdiet libero risus interdum tellus. Sed non dolor. Curabitur eget enim nec augue venenatis scelerisque. Integer mattis eros tincidunt sapien. Aenean nulla lectus, interdum ut, faucibus quis, iaculis ultricies, elit. Vestibulum tempus ante. Duis quis risus. Proin libero sem, vestibulum eu, iaculis at, lacinia non, lectus. Sed imperdiet lectus sed sem. Fusce pede justo, rutrum in, gravida at, volutpat a, massa. Suspendisse potenti. Nam scelerisque elit non mi. Cras sit amet leo. 

Cloud Shards is based in Sydney, Australia with staff operating around the world. We're committed to providing the best services for our clients. 

And yet they list a Dutch ABN Bank account number?

http://www.cloudshards.com/cart.php?licensedebug&forceremote 

OR
http://www.cloudshards.com/?licensedebug
Local Key MD5 Hash Invalid
Performing Remote Check: Array ( [licensekey] => Leased-af86506f81f3039c71a6 [domain] => cloudshards.com [ip] => 205.185.122.235 [dir] => /home/cloudshards )
Raw Remote Response: Active Tsz Him Harry Chan 3 Monthly Lease No Branding 2012-09-18 0000-00-00 Free Account cloudshards.com,www.cloudshards.com 205.185.122.235 /home/cloudshards Reseller=LicensePal 54d83e3823b2a0aaf35a84be97e07036 5.1.2
Remote Check Completed

Is it just me or are there more people who don't want to host there? :P

Comments

• @concerto49 Can you shine some light on this subject?

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited November 2012

What part of the licensedebug looks shady to you?

And that's just a normal, unfinished site. I fail to see why you need to go out of your way to bash them for no reason.

http://i.imgur.com/MiSV0.png doesn't show anything to be wrong, to me anyway.

• @Wintereise maybe because providers are not supposed to go live with unfinished websites nor advertise? Specially not per let terms.

• @Wintereise said: And that's just a normal, unfinished site. I fail to see why you need to go out of your way to bash them for no reason.

Just wondering what is going on, and if any people had problems with them.

• @Taz said: @Wintereise maybe because providers are not supposed to go live with unfinished websites nor advertise? Specially not per let terms.

Agreed. And to maybe prevent people from getting scammed, or deadpooled after a month.

• jhjh Member

@Raymii said: if any people had problems with them.

I doubt anyone's bought from a site with dummy text

• I'm afraid the thread title doesn't exactly reflect that, calling them shady out of the blue basically is the same as bashing them.

Ah well, whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

• Tsz Him Harry Chan 3

nobody finds that odd?

• Does not mean much. When I purchased my dedicated server with Ionity they did not have a website. Turned out to be THE best dedicated server network and server itself I have ever used.

The uptime on that network is amazing. Server is great hardware. Support is just fantastic.

They have a website now finally but for months and months after I signed up they did not have one.

Not saying these guys ok or anything, just saying that a website is not always everything.

• Just a Chinese name? And besides, WHMCS' own site shows that the license is valid.

Why are we nitpicking on the guy's name anyway?

• @ Wintereise it is shaddy. Because providers should have a physical contact info on their website so as a valid site. Unless you buy from providers with who is protection or fake who is.

• for some reason that name looks kinda suspicious to me. Not picking that is why I asked @concerto49 to come here and clear it up.

• also is harry a common chinesse name

• I believe that's his name, haha.

Well either way, it's 5 AM in Australia, so I don't foresee him coming here for a good few hours.

I just find the LET way of bashing things you don't like to infinity disturbing, that's all. No offense intended to anyone.

• I have had interacted with the people behind this domain, nothing dodgy at all and i believe that is his real name.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Interesting read

• @CVPS_Chris are you stalking Ash? :)

• @Zen that is why I asked them to respond. Let them explain things.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

@24khost said: for some reason that name looks kinda suspicious to me. Not picking that is why I asked @concerto49 to come here and clear it up.

There was an incorrect link left on the footer if that was where it was found. I have now corrected this. I didn't raise a please test my website topic on LET and has since bumped into a mistake. There maybe other typos too. I will be taking another look to fix any issues.

Thanks for this. I think this says it all. It is a real name and open in a government registrar with GST registration and business name registration etc.

Can this please not be resorted into any personal attacks over what is a legit name etc thanks.

@Raymii said: No contact info except form, standard generic terms and plans, unfinished website:

Contact info was in the ABN on the site, but I will be making this more obvious. Thanks for the feedback.

@Taz said: @ Wintereise it is shaddy. Because providers should have a physical contact info on their website so as a valid site. Unless you buy from providers with who is protection or fake who is.

http://whois.domaintools.com/cloudshards.com

• @concerto49 may want to change your technical contact detail(email) on whois

Technical Contact:
    Cloud Shards
    Cloud Shards Team ([email protected])

• @concerto49 Just saw that you had Cloud Shards in your footer and was asking for you to comment on the information as i knew the logo.

• @Raymii said: And yet they list a Dutch ABN Bank account number?

It's Australian Business Number NOT a Dutch ABN Bank account.

Can you please also change the title of the thread? It is misleading. I understand there may be miscommunication.

@StormVZ said: @concerto49 may want to change your technical contact detail(email) on whois

Will do thanks. Enom/Google has sent us around a few times over removing whois. Sometimes it's an Enom question. Sometimes it's a Google question.

• @concerto49 said: @Raymii said: And yet they list a Dutch ABN Bank account number?

Excuse me for that, ABN is (also) a dutch bank. Main reason for me to post this is because most of the time when I see the things mentioned my "alarm bells" ring.

@concerto49 said: Can you please also change the title of the thread? It is misleading. I understand there may be miscommunication.

I've edited my first post and removed the shady part.

• @Raymii said: Excuse me for that, ABN is (also) a dutch bank. Main reason for me to post this is because most of the time when I see the things mentioned my "alarm bells" ring.

Thanks for the update. I've now put a link on the ABN to where the Australian Business Name is to clarify things for people.

@Raymii said: I've edited my first post and removed the shady part.

Thanks for this.

• I want to thank especially concerto49 and all the CS staff for last 8 months of providing me a dedicate server.

Network quality good, quick support (little bit delayed last days), server worked great. Many additional server management tasks are paid, but i had free IPMI in the price.

Thank you for the fast support and providing me custom dedicated server at affordable price. Can recommend CS. I very much thank you, if there is similar server with raid, i would certainly buy it. I would keep the server but you asked big money for IPMI OS reinstall.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
This discussion has been closed.