Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone wants to share a KimSufi 2G
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone wants to share a KimSufi 2G

edited October 2012 in General

Hi,

I am planning to buy a KS 2G for backup and secondary DNS (probably), can I interest anyone else to share the box with me, I won't be needing so much right now? Everything will be shared 50:50

Comments

• @shantanuthatte I'm in a similar spot but looking to share costs for a hetzner dedi (ex5). The big question is trust (both ways). I see you're new...what are your thoughts on the trust issue?

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • Virtualize the server and create two different instances within.

Can do that on the ex5 with any virtualization software.

The KS 2G however I suspect you have limited virtualization options.

• OpenVZ should work on anything, including on KS 2G.

Thanked by 2pubcrawler lbft
  • @craigb I am over at WHT, DP since '10 and '09. Just joined here at LET. I can PayPal the sum to you if u want that way.

I looked at Hetzner ex5, I dont think I'll be requiring so much of RAM, since my primary use will be for backup and a secondary DNS if required later. And since its a backup, I won't bail out. If you are looking mainly for storage and can do KS PM me, since currently I'm on a budget of 10$ for this req.

• I didn't mean from the tech angle. More from potential ToS issues and one person footing the bill :)

• Okay if 8 ppl want to share a EX5 things can work out... 8 diff VMs..
    3GB RAM, 200 GB Disk, port shared, thus every one can pay 10$ (which is my bidget atm)

Or you can have the extra RAM if you want, and give me disk... any mutual agreement would fit as long as I get more disk (least is I want 512 MB RAM)

• @craigb I mainly req space for storing backups, so whatever u say, I dont have a prob, If you want I can pay the bill, and later you can transfer via PayPal... Any how you want..

• tuxtux Member

@shantanuthatte said: 3GB RAM, 200 GB Disk, port shared, thus every one can pay 10$ (which is my bidget atm)

This is over LET limit (7 USD or under)

• edited October 2012

I guess then 10 people can share it.. everyone can get 2.4 Gig Ram, and 150 Gig disk... what will bring it to under 7$

• @shantanuthatte said: I guess then 10 people can share it.. everyone can get 2.4 Gig Ram, and 150 Gig disk... what will bring it to under 7$

>

If this is backup just go with the 2G, its going to be a hassle chasing 10 people each month.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Yeah... thats my initial req...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Just pay a tiny bit more, get the smallest 10 EUR kimsufi and save yourself all the trouble of dealing with other people on your server.

• @shantanuthatte Don't forget VAT :)

• I think VAT is only for EU customers right ?

• @shantanuthatte Yup but if you buy from Kimsufi UK you have to be in the UK so would have to pay unless your VAT reg and claim it back

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The new lineup is here: http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/
    in a matter of days or weeks at most, this will be on all the regional sites too.

• How is it possible to split a Kimsufi 2G when you only have one IPv4 IP (unless you bought more)?

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited October 2012

@gubbyte said: How is it possible to split a Kimsufi 2G when you only have one IPv4 IP (unless you bought more)?

If it's just for backup, NAT and some sort of port forwarding would be fine :)

• bitbit Member

Don't you have to pay 3 months upfront with OVH/Kimsufi?

• @bit said: Don't you have to pay 3 months upfront with OVH/Kimsufi?

3 months is selected by default but it lets you change to monthly if you want.

• Probably interested in Sharing a Hetzner one, larger tho

• How about the bandwidth?