Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LimeStone strikes again?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LimeStone strikes again?

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited October 2012 in General

We just got this:

Comments

• pretty close to the same email.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited October 2012

(No, but seriously though.. they didn't learn anything, did they?)

Thanked by 2VPNsh eastonch
  • jhjh Member

You should send them some of your junk.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited October 2012

What a bunch of a$$hat$ at Limestone.

I know the economy is bad and all, but Limestone already pulled this and got spanked.

Anyone notice that employee's name "Richard Payne"?

That must be the long form of his name Dick Pain.

• @Zen haha itd give them first hand experience lol... got some old heavily spammed gmail :P

• Are we expecting another DMCA soon?

• As long as we make fun of butt pain, err Richard and the Crimestone Network I'd expect some kiddie style retribution. That's their style.

• They broke or something?

Definitely bothering people by looking for customers.

• @Jack said: I don't see an issue with them trying to get business this way.

Isn't this how most Business Development Managers operate though? I get so much of this type of solicitation.

One could technically argue that me emailing hosts asking for benchmarks is spam too, where do you draw the line?

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • edited October 2012

-- Removed --

Just got another lessons :) / point of view

• TazTaz Member

So,
    If you are a business (brick mortars) and you expect distributors and sales men selling/offering new range of products, how do you expect them to contact you?

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with this tbh. They're reaching out to potential clients, why is that so bad? If you're unhappy about the e-mail, mark it as spam and move on. I don't know the whole drama between LEB/T and Limestone, but I don't really care.

• @serverbear said: One could technically argue that me emailing hosts asking for benchmarks is spam too, where do you draw the line?

Thank's :)
    That's opening my another sight. I just saw from another side, but now you've give me another lessons :)

• @Jack, does in LET need approval now?
    Is it automatic or manual?

• Ah.. I see

• I honestly don't get why they are still emailing, after what happened to 24k. If this is a mistake, I would understand. If not, it's somebody needs to get the boot at the company,

• @Jack said: No , I think you should get the boot.

You just want Drama and it's not even funny.

Honestly, no. You can apply the same logic to the 24k thread.

If they don't care enough to stop doing it from the last thread, I'm not sure what to say.

• Uhoh, someone hasn't learnt anything. @Chief expect another takedown notice sigh

• @Jack

Oh, well we might as well get rid of media, since you know, when companies make mistakes multiple times, it's perfectly fine.

And Randy? I have not said anything bad to Randy before, nor used his services.

• @Jack said: Wasn't you that made the thread about him? Like 'BEWARE RANDY' or something?

What? I never even used his services before.

• NickkNickk Member
    edited October 2012

To hosts:

You look really unprofessional when you get butt hurt about something that is completely normal in all forms of the business world. It just comes off as being inexperienced with how things actually work..

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Mine was not at first being angry. Mine was somewhere between flattery and wonder.

Flattered they were seeking me out.
    Wonder cause they skimmed my email address

• TazTaz Member

@Nick welcome to let. We love drama. A lot of them.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited October 2012

Hey they added the opt out now. Tis no longer spam.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited October 2012

Spam - Send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

• @Jack said: Richard is doing it manually!

Guess he didn't learn how to BCC yet.

• @Jack said: No , It's not SPAM.

You Just love Drama.

Let's ignore the facts that:

a. I did say it was spam (which I did not)
    b. that I do love drama

Why don't you go tell that to half of LET? Because a lot of people do like drama here.

Please view this page to learn more about spam:

http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising

This fits the message pretty well.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited October 2012

@serverbear I get tons of stuff every day, anything from SEO marketers to server offers, and I just dismiss them. I don't see the big deal about this.

@lele0108 I was curious about LSN after I saw how they reacted the first time by sending @Chief a DMCA notification. Took me 4 attempts on life chat to get a quote emailed to me, and the price wasn't good at all. The 2nd or 3rd time I mentioned on live chat that I found "their ad" on LowEndBox.com and I was "curious about getting a quote for their amazing servers". After a brief pause the guy quit on me... I would never do business with such a company. As for their SPAM, if enough people mark it as SPAM then it will be permanently go into the SPAM databases. At least that's how I think it works.

• LSN sent it to 24k in the past, this time they're contact @lele0108 from a different company. Don't see anything wrong with it, furthermore they added the opt out function.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB