Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Servers

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@Dionysus Have a vps node sold to about half capacity with them. I wanna say its been 2 months, not a single issue. Best support I've had next to LiquidWeb. I don't recommend second guessing them at all. Leap, don't crawl.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Anyone know the best email to use to contact datashack? I tried sales but both times never got a response...

• @mojeda said: I tried sales but both times never got a response...

Have you tried fsales@? That's the one they seem to put in their WHT posts. Could also try PMing @datashack

• Dacentec seems good too. I have a VPS with crowncloud there. Happy with it, but not in production yet (bulk setup mode now and re-writing our installation process).

Ask folks from crowncloud and @jarland (Catalyst Host) about Dacentec.

WHT has posts on offers from the facility including a really nice sounds L5420/16GB server for $65 a month I think.

• @prometeus Is the IPMI capability on the motherboards already built in and you enabled it, or did it require additional adapters?

I am asking because a lot of dedi providers don't include IPMI as standard, and charge extra for it where as your "lowly" Atom D525 offering include as standard.

Only Softlayer and a few other providers include it as standard, but you would think that a lot dedi providers would include it as standard to save them the hassle of fixing customer support issues.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

These are special "atoms" :)
    They come packaged in a supermicro case which handles the ipmi for them.
    And why would someone try to make customer's life easier as long as they can charge extra for fixing that reboot loop or crashed os ?
    M

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@rchurch said: Is the IPMI capability on the motherboards already built in and you enabled it, or did it require additional adapters?

I don't buy/rack any server that cannot be remotely controlled :-)

• Datashack offer fairly good prices. Be sure to take a look at their special deals.