Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb 125 EUR reconnection fee!?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb 125 EUR reconnection fee!?

IshaqIshaq Member
edited October 2012 in General

Good day,

Someone I know recently got emailed saying their service was suspended (for being overdue by 15 days) and a reactivation fee of 125 EUR must be paid to resume service, this is a cloud.. not even a dedicated server. Does LeaseWeb do this normally?

(http://files.rbradford.me/images/grabs/6eatoz.png)

Comments

• Google always help but from a quick search it appears they've been charging 125EUR + VAT for reconnection since 2007

• I've read before that they do charge that indeed. It's probably for labour and a fine for not paying the invoice on time. From a business point of view it's a valid charge.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

It's not nice to see such invoice however under those conditions (15 days overdue) you may be lucky that your data aren't simply terminated. Two weeks or so of suspension and then simply termination for non payment seems reasonable to me however they decided to give you chance to regain data back even after 15+ days. Expensive chance but well... it's up to you.

• Yeah. It's not mine. I didn't realize they did charge so much. Nevermind.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

Your friend has to pay the bills on time, it is normal for companies to charge fees

• Indeed, one would think that if the server was that important, they wouldn't wait 15 days to pay it.

Thanked by 1Randy