Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

35 bucks per year for a 512MB VPS + some storage space
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

35 bucks per year for a 512MB VPS + some storage space

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited October 2012 in General

Saw this on WHT, never seen the provider nor they seems to have been in business for a while but the deal seems to be pretty sweet:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1201354

Not affiliated with them and please use your own discretion.

Comments

• Abdicar? Not sure I think I have seen there ad's once or twice but mostly at wjunction i think.

• If you pay upfront, you get an extra year free too? Sounds decent (too decent?), but I'm all VPS'ed out right now I think. Be interesting to get some existing customer opinions though.

• May be a candidate for the next deadpool? No idea....

• And their domain whois record look pretty fishy, anybody wants to email Mr. Names? :) :

http://whois.domaintools.com/abdicar.com

Administrative Contact:
    Names, Domain
    Canton Central
    http://abdicar.com
    Heredia, HR 2583-3000
    CR
    +506.25607717 Fax: +1.8592015320

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, I am awaiting reviews :)
    M

• @Nekki said: an offer on LEB back in December last year

I guess this time they are at least willing to admit they are in US, not Costa Rica

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Costa Rica is some kind of US anyhow...
    M

• Okay that seems really shady. are they offering offshore?

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited October 2012

From there website.

We operate our pending patent technology to manage our standard traffic from Costa Rica, using complex VPN settings, to mix our great speed with our intelligent cache solutions. With this, we carry in Costa Rica individual connections from the most important ISPs like RACSA, ICE, Ament, CableTica, and some others that transport the client’s information to our peer in Panama with Cable & Wires, where we have a direct connection to our facilities in USA.

We stared developing our technology in 2003, and have tested it with a lot of traffic, and heavy critical business conditions.

At this time, abdicar.com offers a shared line of 10MBPS through all our dedicated servers, with the ability to upgrade to 100MBPS or 1GBPS. This allows us to get all the traffic compressed and transported through our VPN to the US to serve your web contents faster than anyone else in Central America.

• wdqwdq Member

It looks like a really good deal. If you pay for the full year you are getting essentially a $1.43/month VPS for two full years.

Since the promotion is valid until December 1st I'd be interested to see if anyone is actually going to take advantage of this promotion, and what their experiences are with it.

• bw: 900GB at 3MBPS.

is this ok or acceptable?

• They limit the connection speed to 3mbps it seems. Get a few visitors on your site and things would start crawling.

• @24khost said: We operate our pending patent technology to manage our standard traffic from Costa Rica, using complex VPN settings, to mix our great speed with our intelligent cache solutions. With this, we carry in Costa Rica individual connections from the most important ISPs like RACSA, ICE, Ament, CableTica, and some others that transport the client’s information to our peer in Panama with Cable & Wires, where we have a direct connection to our facilities in USA.

I REMEMBER THESE GUYS NOW!

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/abdicar-6-80-256mb-openvz-vps-in-costa-rica/

Someone pointed out that:

A 0,5ms(!) Ping from Denver to Costa Rica is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

The last post of the LEB thread is interesting, too.

• If it's too good to be true then it probably is.

• Template used kinda remind me of ipap.co's site, although ipap had a dark version

• @rgenzon said: Template used kinda remind me of ipap.co's sit

I think that's one of the cheap themeforrest's template, can't remember the name anymore...and their servers is hidden behind Cloudflare as well :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@24khost said: We operate our pending patent technology to manage our standard traffic from Costa Rica, using complex VPN settings, to mix our great speed with our intelligent cache solutions. With this, we carry in Costa Rica individual connections from the most important ISPs like RACSA, ICE, Ament, CableTica, and some others that transport the client’s information to our peer in Panama with Cable & Wires, where we have a direct connection to our facilities in USA.

Wikipedia: "The use of the term "patent pending" or "patent applied for" is permitted so long as a patent application has actually been filed. If these terms are used when no patent application has been filed it is deemed as a deceptive act and a fine of up to $500 may be imposed for every such offense."

• 900GB at 3MBPS.

Lame

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited October 2012

There are known good host here in LEB that can match that offer. Less risk

• @jcaleb said: There are known good host here in LEB that can match that offer. Less risk

Then I'm waiting them to publish their offer :P Because 3Mbps seems very low to me :D

Thanked by 2jcaleb wdq
  • If server is hidden behind cloudflare, trace/ping direct.domain.ext ;)

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited October 2012

@djvdorp said: If server is hidden behind cloudflare, trace/ping direct.domain.ext ;)

That's not always the case, I for one use a different subdomain. It's up to the user if they want it to be "direct.domain.tld" or something or even have one at all.

• @mojeda said: That's not always the case, I for one use a different subdomain.

That is set up by default but I always remove that A record whenever I can :)