Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ninjahawk Scheduled Server Maintenance - {October 20, 2012}
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ninjahawk Scheduled Server Maintenance - {October 20, 2012}

NHRoelNHRoel Member
edited October 2012 in Providers

Hello ,

A maintenance has been scheduled on Saturday, October 20, 2012 from 12:00AM-3:00AM EST. During this time, we will be:

1. Upgrading our OVZ nodes to the latest stable kernel.

Nodes affected:

Katana, Sai, Kunai, Tora, Leo, Tegra, Shurikhen, Bolt, Shino and Terra.

You will experience 5-15 minutes of service interruption during the entire maintenance. We thank everyone for their patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
NinjaHawk Team
Follow us on twitter @ DaNinjaHawk and keep your self updated!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Sunday, 14th October 2012
8:42pm
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Comments

• Isn't this something for a client e-mail blast? :S

• @winston said: Isn't this something for a client e-mail blast? :S

Yes it is. But it is never too much, when it comes to notification. No matter how much you update, some one will manage to manage to miss or ignore it and then will come online and complain. Better safe then sorry :).

--Roel.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited October 2012

Email, Twitter or Facebook page is better for this kind of announcement though.

• @budingyun said: Wrong thread.

May I please ask, why? I thought this was providers section, where providers can post announcements and updates.

If this is in the wrong section, @management, please move/remove this post.

Thank you.

--Roel.

• Lol, actually i'm the one who post at the wrong thread, i want to reply at another thread but reply here instead. :p But i've already edit my post. Sorry once again. :D

Thanked by 1NHRoel
  • Eh, my thought on this is that if we let this happen then every other provider will post on LET about their maintenance schedules.

Thanked by 1nunim
  • @HalfEatenPie said: every other provider will post on LET about their maintenance schedules.

Wouldn't be too bad to have a section to squirrel them away like WHT's Provider/Network Outages though..

• Possibly leave it to sink though.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Someone would've made a thread anyway if the node was down 15 minutes. Ends up the same.

Thanked by 1NHRoel
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Looks like hes taking my idea of opening up a thread, although would have been more effective if it was made when the maintenance window was live.

• @CVPS_Chris said: Looks like hes taking my idea of opening up a thread, although would have been more effective if it was made when the maintenance window was live.

that is a good idea, but users can see "before hand"

Thanked by 1NHRoel
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@NinjaHawk_Roel said: Nodes affected:

Katana, Sai, Kunai, Tora, Leo, Tegra, Shurikhen, Bolt, Shino and Terra.

Are you sure those are not your siblings? You only have one node, Publicity Stunt Alert

Thanked by 1laaev