Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There goes all of the IPv4!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

There goes all of the IPv4!

SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
edited October 2012 in General

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1200154

• 64,000 + IP with 255+ unique c-classes

64,000 IPs for "SEO"? D:

But seriously, does having 64,000 IPs make a difference?

Comments

• Isn't it proven bullshit that different IPs for each site has no effect on Google's ranking of you?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2012

It's Crystone, they lured some IPs out of RIPE with likely fake descriptions:
    http://bgp.he.net/AS35041#_prefixes
    (Note the names of the networks, yet they are still all used in Sweden)
    EDIT: Reported them (and their LIR, Resilans) to RIPE for evaluation according to ripe-423.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@William said: Reported them

Cool :) Lets hope someone will act and claw back.
    I wish SEO will die a painful death, but it is not them that are the major problem regarding IPv4 shortage, nor will it be solved by clawbacks.
    I will admit i dont like IPv6 ways and the interaction of the two even less, but I guess, as we say here: "deadmen wont come back form the graves" and, even if this is Dracula's land, it is still largely true.
    M

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • "SEO hosting" is usually code word for IPs that are not assigned in sequence. When a customer requests that, keep an eye on that customer for spam and about 85% of the time it's a spammer.

Confirmation is a RDNS request immediately after issuing 3, 5 or 10 IPs with crappy, brand new domains.

• Is SEO a valid RIPE justification nowadays?

• jhjh Member

@HerrMaulwurf said: Is SEO a valid RIPE justification nowadays?

NO!!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think it never was, not only now.
    M

• SEO is not :)

• So William might have a chance with his complain.

• That is less of a problem, however they likely gained their PI space by lies to RIPE which is not allowed.

• Difference is that i did not lie to RIPE as it is legacy, they can't take it back even if they wanted :)

• Bad news:

• LIR se.resilans has not requested nor received an IPv4 Allocation
      from the RIPE NCC in the last 12 years:

se.resilans
    Resilans AB

19930901    193.180.0.0/14  ALLOCATED PI

So all their space is legacy and can be used as they want, like mine.

• 64000 IPs? Wow, they have a Class B. Surely the internet will not survive.

Someone wake me up when we're all using IPv6 and these posts blow over. If I have an entire Class A sitting idle, who the fuck cares? The fix is so mind-bogglingly simple that you should be bitching at ISPs for not doing it already, not at the guy whose 64,000 IPs would hold off the inevitable for all of two days.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • /14 is 262144 IPs

• @rds100 said: /14 is 262144 IPs

There are not enough words for what's wrong with that post, but let's start with the fact that a Class B is /16.

• @Soylent i was commenting about the post above yours, mentioning 193.180.0.0/14
    These are 262144 IPs.
    And forget IP classes, it's 2012 now.

Thanked by 1George_Fusioned
  • @rds100 said: And forget IP classes, it's 2012 now.

I could say the same thing about bitching about IPv4 allocation. It's 2012 now. Just fucking use IPv6 already.