Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats with WHT?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whats with WHT?

NexusNexus Member
edited October 2012 in General

I usually don't make topics like this, but they deleted my post and that pissed me off. Hell I wasn't even going to make this topic but they actually emailed me the "infraction" or whatever the frack they call it...

So I found some guy selling a completely sh*tty template, here is the Link. Kid want's 110$ for it. So I replied to the topic saying:

Unique my ass, no one is going to pay 110$ for such garbage. Stop posting such useless templates that could be designed in hours by a 16 year old kid finishing a project by his teacher..

This also speaks volumes about your company in your signature. Who would want to sign up for your hosting when you offer insane and unrealistic prices? You should really try to re-think your business module. Good luck...

These templates are no way unique and not even border-line worth 10$.

Have a nice day,

Okay, I get it, I was being a bit obnoxious. But what really pissed me off is the next one:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=8361927#post8361927

I posted this on that thread to the reply of "servedby's First Post":

If you had no experience with them, don't comment please.

Also, not everyone is perfect. If you think a couple typo's make a company bad, you're living in your own little world.

Merely just backing up the original host, I mean why would someone like "servedby" put a company down when he/she hasn't even hosted with them? Shouldn't that post be the one that gets deleted? I mean it's pretty sad. So in any event, my post got deleted and I received 2 "Infractions" for being "rude".

Also, the "Keyword Alert Tool" they offer is basically the same as the free version of google alerts, but inside vbulletin? It's definitely not worth it. They have thousands of google bot's crawling that forum anyway, you're most likely to get the same results from using google's; hell it might even be better. Oh I must not forget, a bolded blue username!

Any entrepreneur would know that investing 100$/month for a "forum badge" is pretty ludicrous, or I would hope so... unless I am missing something? Oh, and you get "1,000 Private Messages space"

</rant> ends image......

Comments

• If it is in the advertising forums, it is pretty clear in the rules you aren't to post things like that. Right from the rules:

"Negative comments on advertisements are not allowed. For example, if you think the price is too high or the design isn’t good, leave the ad for other people to form their own opinions. If you think the offer is fraudulent, please contact the helpdesk."

• vdnetvdnet Member
    edited October 2012

I don't even think that design is that bad, and $110 really isn't expensive for a web design. Most designers around me charge $50-75/hour.

I think it is pretty disrespectful to post negative comments about someone's work that they are trying to sell.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm confused, why exactly are you mad? Are you mad you got caught breaking the rules or mad they enforce the rules?

Thanked by 1Zetta
  • serverbearserverbear Member
    edited October 2012

Few things annoy the heck out of me on WHT:

I could go on & on & on.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

@serverbear said: Hosts aren't allow to directly talk about their services so they end up coming into these threads & making pointless comments to the OP notices them

Gotta love the sig spammers in dedi & vps sections :p I love how LET has no post counts. I think if they disabled signatures in the non-offers sections, post counts would drop by 90%.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@serverbear said: Retarded annoying people like this guy (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=351408) making pointless comments in every thread that don't add any value to the conversation.

But isn't this unavoidable part of every internet community - even this one?

@nunim said: I love how LET has no post counts.

Number of your comments is in your profile. Or do you mean something else?

• @serverbear said: Retarded annoying people like this guy (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=351408) making pointless comments in every thread that don't add any value to the conversation.

Thank god that doesn't happen on LET!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@averell said: Thank god that doesn't happen on LET!

This brought a huge smile to my face. Thank you :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Man if $110 is expensive for a generic but unique (keep in mind that nothing is truly unique, I say unique as in "sold once") then I'm afraid to tell you what we paid for ours ;)

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

@Spirit said: Number of your comments is in your profile. Or do you mean something else?

Yeah but there's not post count next to your post to spam.. I didn't even realize that it listed the comments like that, but I don't really consider it a "post count".

• i think you got what you deserve. They are running a business, albeit a pretty bad design to your standards but you really shouldn't just go and "bad mouth" about it.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

you aint seeimg anything yet.try getting unbanned

• @averell said: Thank god that doesn't happen on LET!

@Randy said: you aint seeimg anything yet.try getting unbsnned

• unbanned*

• @Randy said: you aint seeimg anything yet.try getting unbanned

easy peasy. create a new account from receivee and troll?

Thanked by 2Randy netomx
  • I think it is simple, WHT is running by volunteers who have no interests in running the community in essence (most of the mods are in hosting business themselves and use this to build their business network and stuff), and they would like to show their muscles once a while to tell the world who is in power...I mean, on WHT :)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @cosmicgate said: easy peasy. create a new account from receivee and troll?

You'd better find yourself a new IP/email to do that :)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • lol.

• @zhuamyi. besides that bear thinks he is god

Thanked by 2zhuanyi Liam
  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy said: bear thinks he is god

I think that dude runs a crappy dedicated server host called Jones solutions or some cr@p like that...and charge a ridiculous amount for those who signed up due to his "reputation" on WHT...

***EDIT**** Never mind, that's the "net" guy, not sure what is bear running...

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

i heard that most of the mods are 40 - 70 years old?
    can anyone verify:O

• Bear is a god at WHT, WHMCS and a few other places I think.

• he is not a god, he just thinks he is ;-)

yep.i saw him on WHMCS forum

• okay he thinks he is a god.

I like the fact that if you say, something about email me and I can help you with something nothing related to sales they take this as solicitation. So you can't help anybody.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @24khost said: I like the fact that if you say, something about email me and I can help you with something nothing related to sales they take this as solicitation. So you can't help anybody.

And yet they OKed all the sig spams, look at how many replies you got which are essentially rephrased on the same idea whenever someone ask something easy, LOL

Thanked by 1Randy
  • who is number 1 bad ass mod in WHT ? ;-)

• @serverbear said: Few things annoy the heck out of me on WHT:

Posts like this:
    "I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your host, good luck finding a new one."

Threads like this:
    Topic: Need VPS to do so and so
    Person 1: "What's your budget"
    Person 2: "We cannot recommend any thing with out a budget".
    Person 3: "As people have already mentioned, we can't recommend any thing with out your budget"

Topic: Need managed VPS service
    OP: How many hosts can do this for $5 per month including cPanel?
    Person 1: You need to increase your budget.
    Person 2: You cannot find those services with in that budget.
    Person 3: Increase your budget.

It's also such a massive review site now the content is dragged down with it.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

In all honesty the accusations of signature spam get out of hand as well. It's not like I'm not guilty of going in and repeating what someone else has said, just to add a vote toward a common thought so they know whether there's a general agreement with it or if it's just a lonely guy replying the same thing to every thread. Not once have I ever posted so that my signature would be seen, or else I wouldn't have racked up so many posts in the vps forum long before I started offering them ;)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • The Corp members area is just a huge clique as well. One prolific poster KPMedia; and I gave up on this argument long ago, was that he is in a ton of threads recommending hosts and has a best hosts list in his signature and those links have affiliate codes on them, yet the rest of us cant advertise directly to anyone.

Like someone else said, disable the sig spam and nobody would post there anymore because I suspect half the threads are people posting they're looking for hosting, and the replies themselves are probably paid forum posters to drum up threads that point back XYZ Hosting company.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, I dont like WHT either. I am under the impression it is going worse lately.
    M