Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New StormVZ Design - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New StormVZ Design

2»

Comments

• @Corey said: I don't like it because it looks like the same style we used for banners :(

Looks nothing like anything on your site. And it's nighttime here so my eyes are working.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy Oh it was you... :L

• @StormVZ said: @Randy Oh it was you... :L

yep :) get a hot chick lol

• Is that control panel a custom design? If so, looks pretty legit.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@Nexus Best billing panel - HostBill :)

We also added option to automatically buy IP's without having to submit a ticket with a limit of 5 per VM.

• Looks nice.

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • @serverbear said: Looks nothing like anything on your site. And it's nighttime here so my eyes are working.

I linked the archive.org

• Just a few things I noticed:

Besides that, it's easy to navigate and looks sharp. Good work.

• @Corey said: I linked the archive.org

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@tweakstur Actually think orange navbar will look good, will try it in a few! Will plug in the mac to tv to see the gradient issue and get that fixed.

Thanks!

• Design is nice all in all. Did you customize SolusVM client template?

• Hostbill

• @lele0108 said: Hostbill

Oh ok cool :)

• @tweakstur Changed the navbar and modified it a bit. What'd you guys think:
    http://stormvz.com/

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

@StormVZ, indeed it looks more slick and clean.

If I had to make a critique or an opinion, I would make the arrows a different color, they blend in weird with the orange.

Other than that, it does look nice tbh. (When you hover, it turns a nice white color, I like a color similar to that)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

So, again, SSDs?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@Nick_A No, we're just advertising SSD VPS's because we're not going to be selling them? You could have answered the question yourself really.

• @StormVZ said: @tweakstur Changed the navbar and modified it a bit.

Orange looks good! I'd try changing the arrows as @Nexus suggested, try black or a dark blue.

One more thing that might look good: Changing the dropdown background color to black then use the orange gradient on the hover.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited October 2012

Oh and the hovering over the text on the drop down could also be changed as well, it's like a dark orange/grey on my screen, should be a brighter color :P

Just my suggestions, and I wouldn't be saying them unless I truly believed in someone/know that someone is actually going in the right direction in life, so take it with a grain of salt, Thanks.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@tweakstur Cheers, any idea on the colour for the arrow? Not very good with colours so don't know what would go well or should I just use white like it is on hover?

@Nexus No problem! I appreciate them and yeah it's grey at the moment, will change that soon to!

Also added a currency converter based on google calc api :) Do check it out: http://stormvz.com/ssdvps.html

@StormVZ said: @Nick_A No, we're just advertising SSD VPS's because we're not going to be selling them. You could have answered the question yourself really.

Wouldn't be the first time you had misleading information on your website, would it?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@Nick_A What's misleading? My reply was rhetorical but for people still young yes we will be selling SSD VPS's.

• @tweakstur Hard refresh, seems fine now. Much better then before anyways!

Also changed hover colour to black, does it look better or?

I was referring to previous instances of faulty information regarding your datacenter choice. Not sure what the "still young" comment refers to, but I'd suggest adopting a different strategy than retreating to this defensive posture and, apparently, belittling those who justifiably question the information on your website.

You said you were going to use one datacenter, then went with another. You said you were doing SSD VPS hosting (even offering trials), then dropped it. As a curious spectator, I'd like to know whether what I'm reading on your website is correct or if I need to continue assuming it's all up in the air. Your website still says NJ for SSD VPS, but you said here that you were going with LSN and 15k drives: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4877/stormvz-benchmarkstesting-wanted-usa-ssd-node#Item_22 . Just trying to make sense of conflicting information. I would appreciate it if you could offer a reasonable response rather than pretending like people should be able to read your mind and see past misinformation. Perhaps I missed a post somewhere where you retracted the LSN part and decided to stick with ReliableSite?

• @Nick_A Yes we decided to stick with RS since they started offering Hardware RAID. Regardless this has nothing to do with the topic of our new design.

@StormVZ said: Regardless this has nothing to do with the topic of our new design.

Really? That information is on your design, so it's definitely relevant. Thanks for being civil this time, though.

• @StormVZ maybe use a gradient for the menu hover, one that fades from grey into the black drop down. the white text on the black background is definitely easier on the eyes though.

• Appreciate the comments and suggestions of which most have been implanted!