Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else using StyleX Networks?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else using StyleX Networks?

sleddogsleddog Member
edited October 2012 in General

There was a planned outage yesterday for maintenance, with an estimated 2-3 hours of downtime: https://twitter.com/StyleXNetworks

For me, actual downtime was 11.5 hours.

There's no update on the twitter feed explaining the extended outage, and I can't find anything on the StyleX website.

Has anyone here heard anything, or have a source of StyleX updates that I'm missing?

Cheers :)

Comments

• I used this VPS a few times but gave up on it. The IO is always insanely slow (I opened tickets) and more importantly the servers uptime is just ridiculous.

So I stopped using it and put in a cancellation request.

Not surprised for $1.99 a quarter.

• edited October 2012

@sleddog
    We were working with the data center and they had to rearrange around 80 cables, which is why the maintenance took more than expected.

@luma
    We haven't seen any complaints in regard to our IO speed for the past 2-3 months, if you are still having troubles then the issue is localized to your machine only. Open a support ticket and an engineer will follow up. Our uptime was above 99.98% all over on all hypervisors last month and 100% so far this month with the exception of yesterday's maintenance.

We don't provide support of any kind via LET or any other forum, if you are having any problems it is best to open a support ticket.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • What kind of maintenance? Node? SAN? Network?

• @NanoG6

We increased the number of NIC cards in each hypervisor and also split network provisioning to increase performance. Internal routing to SAN and HV communication and CP servers. Also upgraded switches to use the new X series from cisco.

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited October 2012

Why would you schedule a large maintenance on a Friday at 6pm.
    I cannot see any logic behind taking your customers VPS' down during peak hours.

• they probably had no other choice if DC wanted to do it for some reason.

• edited October 2012

@telephone

We had to work with OnApp and the data center at the same time. We have customers from different parts of the world therefore if we even took down the servers after midnight, some one some where would be effected.

We sent out an email 5 days prior to the maintenance and also posted the this via twitter. The duration of the maintenance was more than expected, however as explained previously it was due to cable management.

I won't be discussing this topic any further, if you have any further questions contact us directly.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

The only complaint I have about the maintenance is that my VPS was not automatically turned back on, I kept waiting for it to come back up and finally went to the control panel and saw that it was off.

• @nunim

We sincerely do apologize for that.

• @stylexnetworks said: We were working with the data center and they had to rearrange around 80 cables, which is why the maintenance took more than expected.

OK... I'm not complaining that the maintenance took longer than expected. I'm complaining about the lack of information :) The last words on twitter are: "Maintenance has begun, will update once finished." It was a long time to leave your customers hanging with no info.

Regards to performance, it's sweet. No issues there at all.

Thanks.

• @sleddog

I apologize for the delay in providing an update.

• Thanks @stylexnetworks. I look forward to updates in the future :)

Moderators, please close this thread....