Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer who's DDoS was mitigated still complains - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Customer who's DDoS was mitigated still complains

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

@likexian said: @KuJoe null ip normally won't unnull within 24 hours, but they unnull it in two minutes.

The amount of time varies. Some datacenters wait 24 hours, others wait 15 minutes, others wait for you to open a ticket. Either way, if the attack is large enough they have 2 options: nullroute or terminate/turn off the server.

• vdnetvdnet Member
    edited October 2012

@Spirit
    I don't think many providers keep logs or graphs of PPS, maybe I am wrong. We have had servers using 10000s of PPS with only a few mbps, which can really affect other clients.

• no reason, no log, no any email notification, all is nothing.

• TazTaz Member
    edited October 2012

No, I will ask em what is the reason. If they won't discuss, I will ask for a refund and backup (if possible no biggy). If they arent willing to work for me or not willing to refund ( assuming it is pro-rata, if the payment was 15 days old), I would file dispute or chargeback. I will not come here and start crying.

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy I have tried to get to it, but considering how he behaved I could have said anything to him and shown him anything, it didn't matter. When I saw the hostility I offered him the refund. I am sorry but I will no longer put up with this level of hostility from Chinese customers. Not all are the same, some are really nice, but over the last couple of days I have put up with allot and tried to cater to their every need.
    @Taz_NinjaHawk He can have his VPS to if he wants to package up in a tgz file.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: I will not come here and start crying.

But you're just doing this...

• Be generous bro,some DCs dont keep logs as @vdnet said.
    they wont stop your vps on no reason.

• eLohkCalbeLohkCalb Member
    edited October 2012

@vdnet said: I don't think many providers keep logs or graphs of PPS

If that's the case, I'd consider this provider a not-ready-to-provide-service provider.

Thanked by 2Spirit likexian
  • StarryStarry Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

Hello, YuanZhang Li. Goodbye, YuanZhang Li.

Give me a free VIP :)

• TazTaz Member

@spirit enlighten me please.

• @vpsnodebox said: I am sorry but I will no longer put up with this level of hostility from Chinese customers.

You should really give Chinese the last chance.boss

• @Jylee said: Hello, YuanZhang Li. Goodbye, YuanZhang Li.

i want a free VIP :)

Hello bro.guessing you com from hostloc.

• @eLohkCalb said: If that's the case, I'd consider this provider a not-ready-to-provide-service provider.

I didn't say don't keep logs, I said don't keep logs of packets per second, which is an unlikely thing to log or graph.

no reason, no log, no any email notification, all is nothing.

You should really give Chinese the last chance.boss

This thread is a treasure trove of great quotes. :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @vdnet if there is a 1.4G ddos, won't you keep anything show to customer?

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@DannyAlex how do u know that...

If a refund didn't resolve this, I don't know what will. Farewell good thread, but you were not destined for greatness this day. :(

• likexianlikexian Member
    edited October 2012

@KuJoe yeah

• @KuJoe refunded is after this thread.

@likexian said: yeah, for example

I don't understand what you're saying. Sorry. :(

• @vdnet said: I didn't say don't keep logs, I said don't keep logs of packets per second, which is an unlikely thing to log or graph.

Understand. However I believe the provider should turn it on for a while when there's an attack so that there's evidence to be shown to the customer.

• The simple truth is that any website, network access point, or IP that's available on the public network can be a target and there is in most cases no logical reason as to why a particular address could have been chosen. You could have simply looked at someone wrong or decided to ping someone from your VPS just to get a "push" back. Granted I think the dialog went further than it needed to, I don't feel that we have any particular obligation to provide proof to anyone that such an event occurred provided that we do our best to prevent such event from continuing to incur or occurring again.

That said, I feel like this particular ticket/incident was in argument for argument sakes and was not effectively productive. The fact of the matter was there was an incident, why a particular IP or block of IPs were chosen would be beyond me, all I know is that said incident was kept from becoming prolonged with the HW DDOS protection provided with the VPS's plan. To argue about the validity of why someone would be attacked, or "why me, impossibru!" would in essence be utterly pointless, and ultimately the person being targeted would more likely know why than any of us would.

• @kbeezie if that, show me the log, i will shut up.

@likexian said: if that, show me the log, i will shut up.

You received a refund, you're no longer a client of theirs and thus they do not need to provide you with anything.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @vpsnodebox said: sorry but I will no longer put up with this level of hostility from Chinese customers. Not all are the same, some are really nice, but over the last couple of days

Agreed, previously all i had was abusive clients and it kinda piss me off, some are really nice. i would agree on this

• @likexian said: 1.4 Gbps DDoS attack against your VPS

Last time I got my vps suspended, it's because I'm receiving some 30.000pps or something. And it's instantly nulled to protect me and the host.

So, if we get refunded, maybe the case is closed. But as a customer, we also need the proof :). Last time I got nulled, I don't asked a graph, but a notification from DC is enought for me.

Thanked by 1likexian
  • @KuJoe I mean before this thread, not now.

• @likexian I'm sorry but you've exhausted the man-hours we're willing to spend entertaining your demands on an unmanaged service.

• @KuJoe Thank you.

@eLohkCalb He was very impatient, that's why I offered the refund on the spot. Privacy rules and ethics prohibit me from disclosing our tickets be the amount of threats and bad language that I have received and my staff had to put up with from some of our Chinese customers is ridiculous. They don't care what you tell them, all they care is that you obey their orders. I am sorry but I have to draw the line at some point.

• @KuJoe said: they do not need to provide you with anything.

Sounds like a a good PR disaster plan, to me at least.