Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer who's DDoS was mitigated still complains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Customer who's DDoS was mitigated still complains

likexianlikexian Member
edited June 2013 in General

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/vpsnodebox-7-00month-1gb-kvm-vps-in-phoenix-az/

I got the kvm some days ago, and they stop my vps just now, the reason is getting ddos, but I am sure none will attack me, and ask for log.

At the start, they tell me they will send me the log, but after that, they tell me there is not log.

I live chat with them, just ask for log and ensure I am getting attack, but they don't show me.

No log, how can anyone sure that the ddos is on my vps? I just think then make a mistake and stop my vps, then no log.

any way they don't like chinese user, they tell me will refund, but no happen.

Title edited by @liam (reason: unreasonable title).

Comments

• likexianlikexian Member
    edited October 2012

• TazTaz Member

Anything that is online can and will get attacked. I love Murphy. They have taken the best decision so far and acted professional and you were being really ignorant.

Thank god, I will no longer have to deal with these type of customer. No more host bizz for me.
    @infinity can I change my user name to taz only?

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited October 2012

@Randy Thanks allot for the notification. He didn't believe me what I told him so I offered him a refund, but that wasn't good enough either. I refunded his money anyway.

@Taz_NinjaHawk When I saw that his paranoia was getting the best of him there wasn't much I could do. Interestingly enough that I have about a dozen customers from China that speak impeccable English and are very respectful.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk if there is a ddos, show me the log or any evidence, is it difficult?

• @vpsnodebox you show me nothing, how can i believe that?

if you were me, you will believe that? it is very simple.

• TazTaz Member

@vpsnodebox language barrier and ignorence can be a bitch ;),

• @vpsnodebox up to now you refunded nothing or you make another mistake

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Thank god, I will no longer have to deal with these type of customer.

This most likely works good for both sides.

• TazTaz Member

@likexian

I do not know why consumer thinks that it is fun for providers to harass their clients. And you also got a refund. I do not understand why all these drama. O wait, this is LET.

• dragonballz2kdragonballz2k Member
    edited October 2012

He could have one big log file, or it is coming from multi ip. ddos can be sorta hard to track plus log files could get really big.

Then he could be lieing the world will never know!

Edit: late post

Thanked by 1likexian
  • @Taz_NinjaHawk you really know the true?

for example, you say he have refunded, but no.

you just think all him is right, all me is bitch, this just because i am not the us people, but him!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: I do not know why consumer thinks that it is fun for providers to harass their clients. And you also got a refund. I do not understand why all these drama. O wait, this is LET.

When someone get news like this guy it's completely normal that he want to know more and see some logs. What do you see unreasonable here? I would insist too.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk for example, another ip get ddos, but he stop the wrong one, this is really possible, which i have ever met. then of course no log.

• @Spirit really thank you!

i just want to make sure i am getting ddos

• OK now really refunded, but they havn't ever give me the log

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

he is protecting your VPS dude, anything can happen.

Reason: your VPS was under DDOS.

and having https doesen't mean it can be watched by the Govt

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@likexian said: OK now really refunded, but they havn't ever give me the log

Why do you still want it? Take your money and buy a new VPS.

Thanked by 1likexian
  • someone tell me that SECURED-SERVERS won't null ip, I think they make a mass of mistake.

• vdnetvdnet Member
    edited October 2012

@Spirit said: When someone get news like this guy it's completely normal that he want to know more and see some logs. What do you see unreasonable here? I would insist too.

I will say that taking logs isn't always our first priority either. Our priority is stopping the VPS / attack so it doesn't continue to affect our other clients. Although, usually spikes in traffic are shown on our bandwidth graphs, but pps aren't.

• @Nick_A @Randy thank you any way.

they must have lie to me

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

All data centers will null IPs as a last resort.

• @vdnet they do stop my vps first, and then didn't sent me any letter about this, not util i ask, they just take it nothing happen.

• TazTaz Member

@spirit and this gives him every right to open a thread saying "Vpsnodebox is the worst provider ever".

Come on. I thought this was LET not WHT.

• @KuJoe null ip normally won't unnull within 24 hours, but they unnull it in two minutes.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2012

@vdnet of course but if there appear some doubt how hard is to show those graphs to client at request? From what I read here ex clients biggest problem was doubt and not getting any proof on request - nothing what couldn't be resolved relatively easily.

• well i guess its a reasonable to at least send a email notification @vpsnodebox

@vpsnodebox, did u show him the dc logs?

Thanked by 1likexian
  • @Taz_NinjaHawk so what you thing, i stop you vps, without any possible reason, you will open a thread saying "xxx is the best provider ever" ?

• TazTaz Member

Are you sure? Some provider like linode will wait 24 hour will Francisco will check it on a hourly basis.

• @Randy they show me nothing