Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need $30-$50 quality dedi or semi-dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need $30-$50 quality dedi or semi-dedi

flyfly Member
edited October 2012 in General

fielding offers for the following specs:

6GB+ ram
30GB SSD, or SAS drive (can be 72k hdd as well, but prefer sas/ssd)
strong cpu (doesn't necessarily have to be server grade, but must have more oomph than an opteron 2222)

Must be somewhere in North America.

I've got an opteron from datashack, pretty happy with that. Tried, OVH, their routing is pissy. Giving turnkeyinternet a shot right now, but still in the market.

Comments

• Just FYI turnkeyinternet sucks. Get ready to be blamed for silly things.

• @Spencer said: Just FYI turnkeyinternet sucks. Get ready to be blamed for silly things.

agreed, ridiculously slow response time and you need at least 3 or 4 roundtrips of tickets to get the simplest things done.

• flyfly Member

i was planning on nuking this dedi after this month is over anyways.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Email Oktay over at 64u.com. He's @serverian here. Good guy, I bet he can set you up with something.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited October 2012

< advertisement >

We have the following available:

Semi-Dedicated Half Server:
    4 Xeon Cores (@2.5 Ghz)
    8 GB of RAM
    Port Speed: 1 Gbps (5 TB)
    California. USA or Atlanta USA
    500 GB HDD
    $50.00 /Mo.

PM Me if you'd like one.

</ advertisement >

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2012

We have one Core 2 Quad Q9550 with 8 GB RAM and 500 GB SATA 7200 RPM Hard Drive in stock at $49.99 per month in Atlanta, GA. PM me if you are interested and I'll get you the sign up link.

• flyfly Member

So turnkey apparently installed a desktop environment on my dedi. I got an email like hey the gui password is 12345. So I'm like lol wat gui? So I'm gonna see how the network is, and if it's that bad ill hit one of you guys up. Thanks for your offers.

• flyfly Member

atom isn't gonna be good enough. i'm running minecraft.

• fanfan Veteran

Just wondering, is latency really important with MC? I've tried earlier with a 200ms ping and it's still playable.

FYI I saw some pretty nice L5420 deals on WHT like DACENTEC and serverstadium (resellers).

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited October 2012

@fly Why don't you just get a Minecraft server with us? :D. Special good discounts.

Servers located in CoreSite, and our network is pretty awesome.

/end advertisement

• flyfly Member
    edited October 2012

I would, but I like being able to have my entire stack on one server (forums, db, murmur, site)
    Also dedicated for performance and control

edited October 2012

@fly

Shoot me a PM, we run all our MC servers in VPSs, so this is not a issue at all.

We have free Mumble, web hosting, local offloaded MySQL, so you don't even need to stress your server. :)

• flyfly Member

Well that's part of the problem. I don't want to share a host with someone running a shit ton of plugins and dynmap on hires :)

edited October 2012

@fly said: Well that's part of the problem. I don't want to share a host with someone running a shit ton of plugins and dynmap on hires :)

http://imgur.com/WGFrC

Server is sold out/full.

• flyfly Member

Can I have a link to your Site and also test ip?

• @fly

www.vortexunit.com

Here's a map of our pings around the world:

http://goo.gl/maps/GnDF9