Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this real life?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is this real life?

Comments

• what is wrong with it? too cheap?

• Prices seem fine, what's your problem with it?

http://bgp.he.net/AS22439

• flyfly Member

seems kinda low pricing for an specs. but they do have a crap ton of IP addresses, so not sure. anyone have services here?

• IPs cost a lot with them :(

• KairusKairus Member
    edited October 2012

They're are also vrtservers.net. That domain and WHT account date back to 2004, and there are offers from them under the vrtservers name dating back to 2004. I'm sure you can find some reviews on WHT about them under either name.

• flyfly Member

I'm going to give them a shot and report back

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Do that, I'd trust you more than half the crap at WHT.

• i would trust @jarland, compared to such offers. seems to cheap

Thanked by 1netomx

Doesn't really seem too cheap. I'm paying $65 base (obviously more after customization) at dacentec.

• well, maybe @fly can report back. :) again ,i would trust @jarland, compared to such offers.:)

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited October 2012

@jarland said: Doesn't really seem too cheap. I'm paying $65 base (obviously more after customization) at dacentec.

@Randy said: i would trust @jarland, compared to such offers. seems to cheap

They don't offer enough IPs to do anything useful the last time I asked. perfectip that is. Such irony for that name.

@concerto49 A lot of these cheap providers will lie to you up front to deter you from trying to misuse their IPs or jump in and take more than you can use. Once you start doing business with them and the numbers start counting up, they tend to open up some. Not sure if that's true there, just a trend I've noticed from a lot of conversations.

• @jarland said: @concerto49 A lot of these cheap providers will lie to you up front to deter you from trying to misuse their IPs or jump in and take more than you can use. Once you start doing business with them and the numbers start counting up, they tend to open up some. Not sure if that's true there, just a trend I've noticed from a lot of conversations.

Well that's too bad. They don't get my business :p

I haven't heard that from any other provider though. At most just expensive, need justifications or whatever and not a downright NO.

Dacentec does it, they probably wouldn't want me saying that, but I get why they do it. At $65 everyone thinks they're an entrepreneur and you gotta discourage that initial "I need 60 IPs and I have no real proof that I'm going to use them."

• just saw they charge 50 per month for RAID....I was like...WOW!!!!

• @fly said: seems kinda low pricing for an specs. but they do have a crap ton of IP addresses, so not sure. anyone have services here?

Not every company rips of the customer...

• so cheeeeep

Probably something like a 1st month deal off and later on, they start sucking all your blood out.

• @jarland said: they're an entrepreneur and you gotta discourage that initial "I need 60 IPs and I have no real proof that I'm going to use them."

they should then sign up for the LEB competition, you even get the IPs for free for 6 months :)

• @GIANT_CRAB said: 1st month deal off and later on, they start sucking all your blood out.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/133021#Comment_133021

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I did some configuring, with raid 5 4xssd 256 32 ram and 29 IPs it is 470 $... Presuming ssd/card are able to do raid together it is still a serious pile of money.
    Selling 28 KVM VPS of about 1 GB with ssd lets say 7$ to do the max will be very far from breaking even without the extras of solus, whmcs, Paypal fees/chargebacks and all that crap.
    Nope. It wont be working.
    M

• @zhuanyi said: just saw they charge 50 per month for RAID....I was like...WOW!!!!

I don't see why that is a problem, that is the standard price.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: I don't see why that is a problem, that is the standard price.

For RAID card or RAID card + hard drive? 50 for hard drive + RAID is OK, for RAID I am more looking for like 10 bucks a month, but then I am cheap haha :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • i feel that its too cheap to believe

• flyfly Member

looks like they took down the $69 dedicated server.

• 125 IPs $200.00 << I laughed.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited October 2012

@UGVPS What's so funny? IP space is becoming limited even big companies like Hivelocity offer IP's at a mad rate of $2-2.50/per IP even when buying block of IP's.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, unfortunately, the scarcity of IPv4 will make some really cheap deals here a thing of the past, unless ppl will agree to use IPv6 only for low end deals.
    M

• They are obviously selling it at a loss and making up for it on upgrades. It is probably a used 250GB SATA drive. If you want to do anything special with this server, you're going to need a RAID10 or SSD which are fairly costly upgrades.