Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

explain the logic? ddos'd
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

explain the logic? ddos'd

ajonesajones Banned
edited September 2012 in General

So, I get sponsored by bigscoots 50% sponsorship, so I have to pay $50 and I put my website on it, the DNS has not even bet set to update yet, no one knows IP, I was just changing settings on cPanel/WHM and was installing firewall, it "got ddosed"

Logs(fake):

Event at Wed Sep 19 12:33:02 CDT 2012 > Stage 1 output: > 50.31.99.204 Mbps:237 pps:36723 > Stage 2 output: > Mbps: 291 pps: 45057 TCP: 0% UDP: 97% ICMP: 2% Misc: 0% Frag: 17% > TCP stats -- SYN: 0% FIN: 0% RST: 0% ACK: 0% > Top TCP port # 80 (0%) Top UDP port # 64512 (3%) > Top IP: 163.139.230.168 (0%)

Yet, no one but me knew the server IP? Explain?

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Random DDoS occurs from time to time.

• Nothing new here..

• @ajones said: So, I get sponsored by bigscoots 50% sponsorship, so I have to pay $50 and I put my website on it, the DNS has not even bet set to update yet, no one knows IP, I was just changing settings on cPanel/WHM and was installing firewall, it "got ddosed"

Logs(fake):

Event at Wed Sep 19 12:33:02 CDT 2012 > Stage 1 output: > 50.31.99.204 Mbps:237 pps:36723 > Stage 2 output: > Mbps: 291 pps: 45057 TCP: 0% UDP: 97% ICMP: 2% Misc: 0% Frag: 17% > TCP stats -- SYN: 0% FIN: 0% RST: 0% ACK: 0% > Top TCP port # 80 (0%) Top UDP port # 64512 (3%) > Top IP: 163.139.230.168 (0%)

Yet, no one but me knew the server IP? Explain?

Hackforum retention?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Justin also told a lie when he was on live support with me. Then he claims he never lies, when I call him out on it, he exists the chat.

• anyways, I'm looking for a new provider. I have $70+ to spend to run my project A+ Forums (80,000 unique hits over 3 months)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Maybe someone typed the wrong IP or that was a previous target and someone had order to ddos it regularly, who knows...
    M

• Those logs seem legit enough.

• @ajones said: I have $70+ to spend to run my project A+ Forums (80,000 unique hits over 3 months)

888 unique hits per day? Any LEB should be able to handle this. Even shared hosting would work. And both would be much cheaper than $70.

• Well, I just need a new provider then. This downtime is making me mad. I get over 2000+ hits a day. I need my website to work.

• @Damian said: 888 unique hits per day? Any LEB should be able to handle this. Even shared hosting would work. And both would be much cheaper than $70.

Buddy, not really interested in seeing another 1000 post thread.

• I just need to have something with little to no downtime.

• I'm not going to dignify this post by starting an argument, I will however provide 1 response to clear the air. I'm simply going to state that we went out of our way for a second time to try and accommodate ajones' particular situation. Within 24 hours of both (2 separate) sign ups they were the single target of a 8GB/s DDoS, the first one also attacking them personally at home.

The null route was applied inside 2 minutes but not after affecting our network. We proceeded to give a full refund, ate the costs of cPanel as well as the bandwidth overages as well as the compensation to our affected clients AND THEN we are suggested to be lieing? Come on now... I don't know about the rest of you, but we certainly love to fake DDoS attacks and get our jollies out of the response.

We've got the logs, graphs, what ever you need to put this claim to bed for those interested. Clearly ajones is a target for DDoS, it was not random, it was isolated to their previously unused IP (2) twice, over two separate occurrences. But yet again, BigScoots goes way above the typical provider in terms of how we handle a DDoS, we're not going to lay down and accept the tone seen in this discussion thread as clearly this is not a once sided argument.

Best of luck to you ajones.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @ajones

Your budget is monthly ?

• Well @ajones you do advertise booters on hack forum...

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @Zen out of popcorn?

• Take a look at JavaPipe, They should be able to accomodate your needs if you have a large attack following you.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Spencer said: Well @ajones you do advertise booters on hack forum...

Thanked by 2TheHackBox Randy

8GB/s or 8Gb/s?
    @BigScoots

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: 8GB/s or 8Gb/s?

Does it matter? It seems @ajones is lacking proper parental supervision and/or beatings.

Thanked by 2marrco BigScoots
  • Hackfourm kids get everything they deserve. Yous getting booted son

Thanked by 1BigScoots

@miTgiB said: Does it matter? It seems @ajones is lacking proper parental supervision and/or beatings.

Does it matter?
    Dunno, personally I don't care, was just trolling. And yeah, I agree with you.

• @DotAL said: Your budget is monthly ?

Yeah.

• I'm with BigScoots on this one!

Thanked by 1BigScoots
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

justin/Scott is the man

@BigScoots FTW

Thanked by 1BigScoots
  • @ajones said: anyways, I'm looking for a new provider. I have $70+ to spend to run my project A+ Forums (80,000 unique hits over 3 months)

none wants to host you, i think

Thanked by 1BigScoots
  • @ajones said: This downtime is making me mad. I get over 2000+ hits a day.

Why don't you put it on your LEB? After all you said it can tank 3Gbps...

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @Chief said: Why don't you put it on your LEB? After all you said it can tank 3Gbps...

Got scammed from that provider.

• no got scammed as in, they put credit to -100 and vps was not running.

• @ajones said: they put credit to -100

Sounds like you owe them money

• Oh, to be a teenager again.

Thanked by 2jar Damian