Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StormVZ Benchmarks/Testing Wanted - USA SSD Node
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StormVZ Benchmarks/Testing Wanted - USA SSD Node

PatrickPatrick Member
edited September 2012 in Providers

First of all thanks to everyone who benchmarked and stressed our UK node out from:
http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4686/stormvz-benchmark

We have a new node which is located in NJ USA @ DuPont Fabros DC, this is purely SSD based (Samsung 830) unlike our UK which had 15K SAS drives.

Looking for 2-3 testers, node is online right now but awaiting IPv4 + IPv6 allocation and port upgrade on switch to 1GBPS which is ETA for tomorrow.

Post here or shoot me a PM :)

For anyone wanting to order as we've received some interest via our billing panel we hope to be live on Wednesday

Comments

• Since this will most likely going to be an empty node, Why don't you run serverbear yourself? It is not like this is an active box or such.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk We will but we'd like to see what other members think of the speeds, network etc.

• PM Sended.

• @StormVZ said: We will but we'd like to see what other members think of the speeds, network etc.

Post the result here?

• Nice result :D

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited September 2012

Looks like its actually hosted in Piscataway, New Jersey on Choopa's network, which seems to be a great facility w/ great connectivity.

And the results seem good network & cpu wise, but other SSD providers I've had the chance to benchmark put out a lot stronger IO numbers, more throughput and higher iops. So you may wish to check that ,or it may be fine, its still decent (they might have a lot more disks in their machines or something).

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • @JoeMerit that's right, it's hosted at the Dupont Fabros Facility in NJ. It's on the 1000+GBIT backbone of Choopa :)

• Sent PM.

• @Shane_Elmore I'll shoot you a PM and you can go ahead and test it out :) Just need to go call 2co then will be with you in a few

• pm me im interesting to testing your server

• Can I have an IP to ping?

• @emilv Will send you it in PM now

Thanked by 1emilv
  • You're in the same DC as GridVirt afaik :) nice result thanks for using us.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited September 2012

What's the point of bench marking nodes with no load? Hardly a representation of how that node will perform when fully loaded in production.

Thanked by 1Taz
  • budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited September 2012

@nunim said: What's the point of bench marking nodes with no load? Hardly a representation of how that node will perform when fully loaded in production.

For first impression maybe.

• Is iozone, and another hard benchmarking tools allowed? :D

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

What RAID card are you using?

• Does reliablesite even offer raid cards in their servers?

• @JoeMerit said: Does reliablesite even offer raid cards in their servers?

Yes. However it seems StormVZ is using their E3 1245v2 servers which they do not offer hardware RAID on and are limited to 2 drives max.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@Nick_A It was on software raid 1 but we have decided to leave RS, Limestone will be our primary provider for USA now and most likely 15k SAS drives in HW RAID like our UK setup as they do not have 256 / 512GB in stock as they are awaiting suppliers deal. Money isn't a issue for us so we just got a 50% refund from RS even though we barely used it