Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Block connections above 50mbps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Block connections above 50mbps

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited September 2012 in General

Is there any way to block connections wich uses more then 50mbps? (floods)
Because my server keeps getting dossed wich 60-70mbps floods... and i already manually kept blocking those ip's for like the whole day now

Some more info:
I'm running a cod4 server on it, so it gets alot of connections but those are 40-50kbps each, i don't want to block those

Hope someone can help me with this

Comments

• Well, yes and no.
    Possibly if they do it for a few seconds or more with 50Mbit+ (as you cant block them if you don't know how fast it is before connection/flood for a few seconds)

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited September 2012

there is. but most of this software isnt perfect and most of the time it doesnt work. Best just throttling instead.

• @joodle said: Is there any way to block connections wich uses more then 50mbps? (floods)

I assume high bandwidth = many packets per second. So the easiest way would be to rate-limit the amount of packages per second. That can be done with a simple iptables rule.

• can't you just do rate limiting in iptables?

• agree with winston. I use this before but for other purpose. it just working.