Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Similar to datashack
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Similar to datashack

haphanhaphan Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hi guys,

Can you help me to find a provider similar to datashack. I am pretty sure I found the name of that provider while derping around datashack related topics. I am totally lost in browser history though.

What i remember is that the color scheme is green, they only have 2 options for dedi. One is an intel xeon with 8GB for something like $59. The location is US.

Also I remember the order page is placed in a subdomain (e.g. order.domain.com) and their homepage telling craps about being a green datacenter.

p/s: Not volumndrive, Kimsufi, OVH. The name is something like **nic or **noc.

Thank you!

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Dacentec

• @jarland said: Dacentec

Thank you!! this is exactly what I am looking for. I always spell the name datacentec

This one looks promising too. THank you

• @haphan said: @jarland said: Dacentec

are they good?

edited September 2012

We use them for our standard vps plans. We have 3 servers with them (one vps node). Incredibly nice people.

• They offer colo only?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Dacentec seem really good. I spoke with their managing director a couple of months ago and he was extremely kind and helpfull. The only thing I did not like was that they didn't offer native ipv6, however he promised to start working on it.

edited September 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost Yeah they really are pretty great. We spent a month preparing our vps node with them because time really got in my way and that's pretty much my job. When I finally swallowed my pride and asked for a bit of assistance they were unbelievably helpful. With my 3G overages, T1 at work (which amounts to downtime when 2 people watch YouTube), and cable outage at home, I was barely getting by on maintenance for our Denver node. Couldn't use the KVM to save my life ;)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Was looking at Dacentec originally myself. Not really sure why I didn't go with them, but MotionServers gave me a fantastic deal on my LA node so I went with them instead. Motion have been absolutely fantastic so far.

• Is this the deal you are talking about?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1182379

@dominicl said: gave me a fantastic deal

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@dominicl said: Was looking at Dacentec originally myself. Not really sure why I didn't go with them, but MotionServers gave me a fantastic deal on my LA node so I went with them instead. Motion have been absolutely fantastic so far.

I had to mark your emails as junk, cause you filled up my personal email with shit. 5 emails in 1 hour is over my limit.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Is this the deal you are talking about?

No. They gave me a custom deal.

@Alex_LiquidHost said: I had to mark your emails as junk, cause you filled up my personal email with shit. 5 emails in 1 hour is over my limit.

5 emails in 1 hour? I sent 2...it shouldn't have sent 5. Has ClientExec sent multiple messages that are the same thing? It keeps doing that. I disabled the bulk mailer and am doing it a different way now.
    Sorry about that Alex.

Yeah I woke up to quite a few emails, but then that's a normal day for me so I let it slide ;)

@jarland: Ah right, must have been ClientExec playing up. It's bulk email thing is a pain in the ass, it really is. I'm contemplating switching to WHMCS at the moment. CE is doing my head in. Sorry that won't happen again guys :)

@Alex_Liquidhost