Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good subdomain script? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good subdomain script?

Comments

• So, what is the script? :)

• I'm interested in this too, A records and SRV would be awesome :D

• Would cPanel DNS Only work for this?

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • myDNSconfig seems good.. but latest development 2010, and it's tutorial in howtoforge was published in 2011? *confuse

• @Night said: Would cPanel DNS Only work for this?

Brilliant idea sir! I'll give that a try

• @Night said: Would cPanel DNS Only work for this?

not going to work unfortunately, as DNS only does not even have a front end at port 2082.

Got to get back to Kloxo I guess...

• Just an update, I have given up on Kloxo and bought a CPanel instead, installed last night...and discovered BoxBilling does not support automatic subdomain creation (it is in their feature request)

So...is there any free alternative to WHMCS that support automatic subdomain creation?

• if its just subdomains, there is a subdomain script for cpanel... just google cpanel subdomain script

• @tridinebandim said: if its just subdomains, there is a subdomain script for cpanel... just google cpanel subdomain script

Yes, but that one does not give any management front-end though :(

• @zhuanyi TheHostingTool.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: TheHostingTool.

Does it support that? I tried to Google it but the response comes back is vagued, PMed @KuJoe this morning but guess he is busy.

• Yes it does. There's a setting over their that can create subdomain of your domain.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Yes it does. There's a setting over their that can create subdomain of your domain.

oh, that's great, thanks! I'll get the installation going when I get home tonight.

• That is very disappointing that BoxBilling doesn't have sub-domain creation.

@zhuanyi can I be your first customer and register iwas.bornin.asia? :)

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited September 2012

@Legendlink said: can I be your first customer and register iwas.bornin.asia? :)

LOL, that's a good one :)

I don't really want to use the word "customer", it is more for LEB "friends" :) It would be free and I have no intention to make money out of it (although I guess I'd be happy if people are willing to donate to help me to cover the server and CPanel cost)

We;ll see, I'll make a note here once I get the front-end set up, just want to make sure things are working before pushing it out :)

• @zhuanyi If this project picks up, I will be happy to donate a vps.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: If this project picks up, I will be happy to donate a vps.

Ha, thanks, I have already paid for a full year with @jshinkle for his cheap CPanel, but when it really goes well I'll keep you updated :)

Thanked by 1Taz
  • =). Once he get's going, ChicagoVPS in itself will be working with him some more as well.

• Treat him well... he is a nice customer:-P

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • cool can't wait :)

• @jshinkle said: =). Once he get's going, ChicagoVPS in itself will be working with him some more as well.

Might need your expertise here and there :)

• Got another issue right now, for some reason my page just does not go passed the fill up personal information form stage (step 3 I believe), once you fill up all the information and click on Next, the button is not responsive.

The page is here:
    http://billing.bornin.asia/order/

Anyone knows thehostingtool who could offer me a helping hand? thanks!

• javascript error.

var field = document.getElementById("human").value

chrome pointed this line as error.

• Update your javascript setting.

• @maelzx said: javascript error.

var field = document.getElementById("human").value

chrome pointed this line as error.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Update your javascript setting.

You are are geniuses! I just managed to sign up for the first account myself :)

Now I need to figure out why there is no welcome email with login info sent out, but I did get the approval email which means the SMTP should work though...

May be thehostingtool does not have welcome email like what WHMCS does?

• @zhuanyi The hosting tool doesn't have welcome mail by default. Only 1 email or 2 (First one for product, second for approval if requires manual activation).

• @Taz_NinjaHawk I guess in that case it is almost all good to go now with the hosting tool, now I just need to figure out a nice front-end for it, had a PSD for a while which I am looking for people to convert that into HTML, asked two guys on Fiverr, one never got back to me and one which did ask for a quite ridiculous price, LOL.

• Quality PSD-Html conversion will cost you more than 5$. Take a look at themeforest and get any theme you like and then convert it. Like we have done with ninjahawk,

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Quality PSD-Html conversion will cost you more than 5$. Take a look at themeforest and get any theme you like and then convert it. Like we have done with ninjahawk,

Put up a theme I bought from Themeforrest a while ago, but it looks really ugly, but I guess for free that's what we'll have to live with for now...

I'll try to get everything working in the next few days.

• Another issue I have:

right now if I go to cpanel.bornin.asia, it will automatically redirect me to https://cpanel.bornin.asia:2083. However, I would like it to be on port 80 since my company block all https traffic on non-standard port. I have enabled Proxy Domain and Proxy Subdomain in CPanel Tweak Settings, enabled Mod_Proxy (and mod_rewrite is default) in Easy Apache and there is no error logged.

Anyone has any idea if I am doing something wrong?