Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4G IN UK!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4G IN UK!

DanielMDanielM Member
edited September 2012 in General

Launched today! Just looking at some results. they looking amazing, Hopefully coming to me soon :D

(No need to remove the IP's from the results as they are NAT BOXES)

Much better than what i currently get

Comments

• Iphone 5 is going to be the only decent 4G phone :p

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited September 2012

@Taylor said: Iphone 5 is going to be the only decent 4G phone :p

nahh the best will be the GS3 or the HTC ONE XL.

where not even sure the iphone 5 will support uk 4g :|

• inverseinverse Member
    edited September 2012

@DanielM said: Much better than what i currently get

Wow, you get pretty awesome speeds already... I rarely get above 3mbit in Oxford.

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited September 2012

@inverse said: Wow, you get pretty awesome speeds already... I rarely get above 3mbit in Oxford.

Are you with t-mobile? if yeh they cap you to 3.8Mbps download and .05 Upload :)

• Ahaha, nothing new, we have it since almost a year now...

• @William said: Ahaha, nothing new, we have it since almost a year now...

How fast are you getting?

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

Complete bullshit. Almost noone needs 10mbit+ on a mobile.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2012

That's some pretty nice results. I'm pushing 6Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up on 3G lately at my day job. It's funny because the internet is a T1 line (complicated). I pay for a consumer product that runs 6x the speed. That's the best 4G result I've seen, but I haven't exactly been looking around at them. Usually AT&T's "4G" speeds here in the US run identical to my 3G speeds.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Complete bullshit. Almost noone needs 10mbit+ on a mobile.

Tethering.

• @jarland said: That's the best 4G result I've seen, but I haven't exactly been looking around at them. Usually AT&T's "4G" speeds here in the US run identical to my 3G speeds.

Dont they call HSPA+ 4g in america? or is that just t-mobile who call it that.

• I believe one or two carriers in US calls DC-HSPA as 4G, isn't it? At least, in the case of Atrix 4G...

edited September 2012

@DanielM said: Dont they call HSPA+ 4g in america? or is that just t-mobile who call it that.

Whatever their LTE trash is. I've seen it run half a mbit over 3G at best, in real life tests with me on the iPhone 4 and Ryan on the 4S, anywhere from WV to Dallas to Austin. Need a roommate? I want 12mbit mobile...

• @jarland said: Tethering.

Sadly every provider here has caps from 500mb (10€/month) to 5gb (25€/month) :/

@gsrdgrdghd said: Sadly every provider here has caps from 500mb (10€/month) to 5gb (25€/month) :/

Mine too. It's $10 per 1GB over. I'm working on 7GB this month. I refuse to use this T1...

• 4G LTE?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

@DanielM said: How fast are you getting?

80Mbit down, 20Mbit Up via Three Austria and their Huawei/ZTE modem
    60EUR, no traffic limit, 1 IP

• Just saw EE trending on twitter, part of Orange/T-Mobile I believe.

http://ee.co.uk/

• okay.. just stop please...

• @Mon5t3r said: okay.. just stop please...

?

• that speedtest result.. you know what i mean.. :D

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Sadly every provider here has caps from 500mb (10€/month) to 5gb (25€/month) :/

Same here with most operators. but most don't charge you if you go over they just slow the connection down to stupid speeds and in t-mobiles case they block everything that isnt basic http browsing. Like flash streaming etc.

• @Mon5t3r said: that speedtest result.. you know what i mean.. :D

Ahh i see :)

• @Mon5t3r said: you know what i mean..

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @Mon5t3r said: @Mon5t3r said: you know what i mean..

Am sure the dialup i was using the other day is faster than that :L

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: Complete bullshit. Almost noone needs 10mbit+ on a mobile.

Latency is improved a lot as well with LTE, so that's a big plus you can actually feel.

• @Kairus said: Latency is improved a lot as well with LTE, so that's a big plus you can actually feel.

Compared to hspa+ not much by the looks of things. maybe 10-20MS max

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

I used to easily be able to get 15Mbps over HSPA+, but for some reason now I struggle to get 0.01Mbps, causing SpeedTest to outright fail.

Might be a coincidence that in my area DSL has massively slowed down now as well, in the mornings I might be able to get 6Mbps, in the evenings I am lucky to get 2Mbps.

The UK government does not care about the rural areas, my internet is slower then 95% of the country now. Doing online task is becoming an struggle. Feel lucky you can upload an image, I can't.

• @MrLabradoodle said: I used to easily be able to get 15Mbps over HSPA+, but for some reason now I struggle to get 0.01Mbps, causing SpeedTest to outright fail.

Looks like someone has hit Trafficsense :D

• @DanielM said: Looks like someone has hit Trafficsense :D

Last month I only used 1GB, since I left my phone literally always at home.

• Some of my friend can get up to 20mbps with dc hspa+ 42mbps here in Malaysia. Still waiting LTE rolling early next year though.