Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netherlands Dedi Providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netherlands Dedi Providers?

SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
edited September 2012 in General

Hi, does anyone know of a good dedi provider in the Netherlands, that can offer an E3 CPU and 16GB of RAM for around $140 USD? Gigabit port is preferred.

Comments

• take a look at snelserver. I'm not too sure on the pricing tho.

• http://www.qirus.eu/ and that is on a gbit connection

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited September 2012

For the price, I would be looking for a 32Gb server.

I heard some good things about CastleGem, but it's UK.

Hosting MC on Gbit pipes are kind of waste, esp. at 16GB.

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • We do plan to bring our offsite backups server online very soon, and so a gigabit line will be useful

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

FDCServers has NL servers

leaseweb

• LeaseWeb doesn't allow enough IPs per server for our use.

• @Randy I thought FDCServers just got bought out and is making people switch plans.

• Oh? i didnt know that;-)

• @Zen from a customer -

I've been a customer of FDCServers for almost 2 years and they are forcing everyone off their existing VPS plans to re-signup under a new plan by 9/30. I'm already paid up with them through this month and I liked what I had but don't want their new plans. Was just considering my final decisions for migration. Will subscribe now

• @Zen Minecraft VPSes, not backup.

• Keep in mind they all charge premium for any remote hands. Some do offer KVM-over-IP though.

• Snelserver is on a new network now. Their old network was not that reliable.
    Their new network is not much faster in ping times either to be honest, so I am not impressed... 8 hours of downtime to move servers around and no significant speed improvement.

• I don't need any management / support. Our US servers are with Incero, and the IPKVM is very useful, and I've never had to contact support, except to complain about not having IPv6 :P

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited September 2012

Done, to all 3 Providers.

EDIT:

WorldStream is out of stock on E3s

• @SimpleNode said: WorldStream is out of stock on E3s

Worldstream don't allow any more than 30 or so IPs, just giving you a heads up. And they will not budge.

• @Zen said: You really need dedicated IPs for Minecraft?

Haven't got a clue, never played nor configured it. Not my cup of tea. I just saw him mention leaseweb not offering enough IPs.

• LeaseWeb only allows up to 5 IPs, at 2 euros per IP (ouch!). I've contacted them before about it, and they also will not budge.

We're offering Minecraft VPS (VPS with Java, MySQL, a Minecraft CP and Minecraft management), so yes, we do need a dedicated IP.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2012

@SimpleNode said: LeaseWeb only allows up to 5 IPs, at 2 euros per IP (ouch!). I've contacted them before about it, and they also will not budge.

We're offering Minecraft VPS (VPS with Java, MySQL, a Minecraft CP and Minecraft

management), so yes, we do need a dedicated IP.

You could check out Yisp as well, Ren gave me some good quotes a while back. All their servers come with 1Gbit as standard.

• how many IPs do you need?

• @Zen, your avatar makes me laugh everytime i see it lol

• @Zen Because we're awesome :3

Because there are too many Minecraft hosts out there that just provided a shared environment, normally with Multicraft. We wanted to be different, but also offer our customers, and ourselves more flexibility.

For example, our servers can run Overviewer, an automated map rendering system that almost no other host can do, as it requires full root access to install and configure. We can also give our customers full access to every single server configuration file, which cannot be done in a shared environment due to security reasons, and in case of abuse.

It also means we can sell LowEndBoxes on the same nodes :)

• @Randy We're using 1IP per GB of RAM as a basic rule right now.

• Europe providers seem to all have IPv6, but seem to charge a lot for IPv4 addresses, while US providers like I/O Flood can give out IPv4s for free, but all seem to not have IPv6.

Incero said they'd have IPv6 setup by last week, still no news :(

• @SimpleNode said: @Randy We're using 1IP per GB of RAM as a basic rule right now.

now i know why you cant get that much Ips LOL

• Opps nvm.. what about liquid web? ( they offer NL Servers too?)

• @Randy I don't need management. Also, SoftLayer are cheaper than them on their base E3 server (yes, I've emailed softlayer) :P

• i know/ that dose not mean you need to get management>?