Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS.at new website is live! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS.at new website is live!

Comments

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk said: No link to whmcs, no link to vps control panel. Still the same useless site. Tried ordering, whmcs seems down. Still the same useless site.

I also remember signing up before the transition to the whmcs and when they informed about this transition, guess what, password was sent in plain text. What does this mean? they store the password without encryption with the old useless admin panel. if not for low price I would have cancel my vps.

WHMCS is linked on every order button.
    Of course were the passwords sent in plaintext after the migration, how else would you be supposed to login at the WHMCS?
    The passwords are NOT STORED UNENCRYPTED - They are FULLY ENCRYPTED and NOT SEND IN PLAINTEXT EXCEPT AT SIGNUP (so if you change it in the WHMCS it is NOT plaintext and NOT send or stored anyway).

Now go can do ahead and cancel your VPS. We don't mind.

@hAwNerk said: The main problem is that if they can send the password in plain text means it is stored unencrypted, that is why in most sites

As i said: PLAIN WRONG. Reading out the password variable USED AT THE SIGNUP FORM is NOT plain storage, as it will not be saved to anywhere.

@Inglar said: As about Edis VPS CP, 'IP access control' may be useful and simple security solution at this stage.

Eh, better not or we have users that lock themself out 24/7...

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@William said: WHMCS is linked on every order button.

This only proves that you have a useless site compared to just any other host here in LET which has control and billing panel link on their site.

@William said: Of course were the passwords sent in plaintext after the migration, how else would you be supposed to login at the WHMCS?

Very stupid. You could have indicated in the email that we can use the same password we use on the old ugly control panel.

@William said: The passwords are NOT STORED UNENCRYPTED

If you store it encrypted then at least do a one way encryption.

@William said: Now go can do ahead and cancel your VPS. We don't mind.

I had a hard time reading the first few words but oooooh, a very good way to treat a customer. You seem to have the same character as ipxcore. And because of that I will no longer renew my VPS. LET is getting exciting. It shows the real character of hosts.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk said: Well that proves it is still the same useless site. and I cannot see it a security advantage.

dont be rude. if you hate it that much, skip this thread .

i like it, but i am still in love with e's site

• @hAwNerk said: I had a hard time reading the first few words but oooooh, a very good way to treat a customer. You seem to have the same character as ipxcore. And because of that I will no longer renew my VPS. LET is getting exciting. It shows the real character of hosts.

You're constantly being an asshole to providers, yet you expect them to treat you nicely?

• @Victor said: You're constantly being an asshole to providers, yet you expect them to treat you nicely?

indeed. a clone of subigo

• Lets wait someone saying "dick". We usually easy to recognize someone loving to use that word.

Thanked by 2Randy Inglar
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said: Lets wait someone saying "dick". We usually easy to recognize someone loving to use that word.

oh , yes his No1 Choice "dick"

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk said: This only proves that you have a useless site compared to just any other host here in LET which has control and billing panel link on their site.

This is currently not useful, because 99% of our customers are Austrian and have no use for WHMCS and are thus in our old system.
    Once we migrated them (not to WHMCS; to Atomia) this will be changed as well.

@hAwNerk said: Very stupid. You could have indicated in the email that we can use the same password we use on the old ugly control panel.

No, because the old passwords were ALL insecure because the users picked them, with no forced security standard and free choice of lenght.

@hAwNerk said: If you store it encrypted then at least do a one way encryption.

I'm not sure what you think we use?
    Here again:
    ALL PASSWORDS ARE STORED STRONG ONE WAY ENCRYPTED + SALTED AND CANNOT BE DECRYPTED BY ANYONE, INCLUDING US, THE FBI AND THE NSA WITH UNLIMITED COMPUTING POWER

I hope this is clear enough now?

@hAwNerk said: I had a hard time reading the first few words but oooooh, a very good way to treat a customer. You seem to have the same character as ipxcore. And because of that I will no longer renew my VPS. LET is getting exciting. It shows the real character of hosts.

Well?
    You seem to be unhappy and complain; why would you stay customer then?
    This makes no sense at all.
    Thus, being unhappy and complaining, the only logical choice is to cancel the service.

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

@William noticed you have mentioned atomia, how is it Comparing to whmcs? And I am really interested in how much you are eventually paying them.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: noticed you have mentioned atomia, how is it Comparing with whmcs?

It isn't, they change everything as needed for you specifically - it is not an OOTB solution like WHMCS.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: And I am really interested in how much you are eventually paying them.

Can't discuss that... but you can bet on that WHMCS is much more affordable :)

• Once Nahian contacted them. I think the reply was around 3k setup for small business while no recurring fee vs 15k/year for big fish? Is it still around that range? It is also an all in one solution I believe ? Kinda like parallel's product?

• Yea, it does everything you want.
    As said... can't comment on the fees, but 3k setup would be... nothing.

• @William said: Yea, it does everything you want.

As said... can't comment on the fees, but 3k setup would be... nothing.

Annnnnd I am Out.

• New site looks good @expl0rer @william

• Loving the new crisp, clean site @William

Vast improvement on the old one for me ;-)

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2012

@William said: ALL PASSWORDS ARE STORED STRONG ONE WAY ENCRYPTED + SALTED AND CANNOT BE DECRYPTED BY ANYONE, INCLUDING US, THE FBI AND THE NSA WITH UNLIMITED COMPUTING POWER

I think you mean hashed, not encrypted.

A few suggestions:

• Imho you should put a German flag for German instead of an Austrian one and a British for English

• There is something wrong with the layout of images on the front page, see here. Also the screenshot has terrible Denglish and misses a closing bracket.

• The whole websites looks a bit empty to me.

But in general i really like it :)

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Imho you should put a German flag for German

Never. Not Negotiable. Not even a 50/50 German/Austrian flag is negotiable.

@gsrdgrdghd said: and a British for English

What about one of these 50% UK and 50% US flags?
    I'm not happy with the US only flag either...

@gsrdgrdghd said: There is something wrong with the layout of images on the front page

I'm not able to reproduce this in Firefox (Win), Firefox (Mac), Safari (Mac) and IE8 (Win) - What browser do you use? Cache refreshed?

@gsrdgrdghd said: The whole websites looks a bit empty to me.

Again: can't reproduce that...

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited September 2012

@William said: Never. Not Negotiable. Not even a 50/50 German/Austrian flag is negotiable.

But German is German?

What about

@William said: What about one of these 50% UK and 50% US flags?

There is only a couple. The US flag is based on a British flag, but you wouldn't get away with using a Mexican flag to represent Spanish for an example.

• Why not several lines "English", each with a different flag. Could also have two lines of Deutch, one with Austrian and one with German flag.

• @William: Back on topic - Compliments! I like your new site.

• how about just use text to represent language, no more of that shit with flags

• I do not see all those language variations and flags?! There is just plain Deutsch/German and nothing more. Are we all looking at the same site?

• Looks a complete and utter mess. No idea if this is a mistake or not but the footer looks dreadful. http://puu.sh/12ejP

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • It's a travesty to mutilate a nation's flag like that ... in my opinion ;)

• @William said: I'm not able to reproduce this in Firefox (Win), Firefox (Mac), Safari (Mac) and IE8 (Win) - What browser do you use? Cache refreshed?

Chrome 328 (not whatever verison is the most recent) + Adblock

@William said: Never. Not Negotiable. Not even a 50/50 German/Austrian flag is negotiable.

I suppose using an Austrian flag for German is like using a jamaican flag for English ;)

• @gsrdgrdghd said: I suppose using an Austrian flag for German is like using a jamaican flag for English ;)

Yeah, but Austrians don't like the Germans and are afraid that Germany might invade them, so for them putting the German flag would be like self insult :)

• To be fair the last invasion was kinda like a homecoming considering the guy who ordered it ;)

• @AstoundingHost said: Looks a complete and utter mess. No idea if this is a mistake or not but the footer looks dreadful. http://puu.sh/12ejP

Yea... that was not in my hand, SEO Reasons... complain to someone else, i don't believe in that anyway.

@gsrdgrdghd said: Chrome 328 (not whatever verison is the most recent) + Adblock

Anything shown as blocked by adblock? some CSS maybe?

@gsrdgrdghd said: I suppose using an Austrian flag for German is like using a jamaican flag for English ;)

We have national pride, so we won't use a German flag, never :)
    Also what... Germany is just 8 times bigger than we are, that's nothing :p

@rds100 said: Yeah, but Austrians don't like the Germans and are afraid that Germany might invade them, so for them putting the German flag would be like self insult :)

This, basically.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

maybe set the page to eng base on the visitor's IP? it would help users greatly, it might turn off users if its not eng

• @William said: Anything shown as blocked by adblock? some CSS maybe?

I guess its a cache issue, it works fine when i view it in incognito mode