Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS.at new website is live!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS.at new website is live!

emilvemilv Member
edited September 2012 in General

What do you think of the new website? I think it's a great improvement to the old one.

@William , to celebrate that, will you have some hard-to-resist offers? :D

Comments

• Looks the same to me.

• Looks the same to me too.

• Looks cleaner :D good job edis!

• Nameservers propagation maybe?

• It resolves to 91.227.204.35 for me.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Looks great indeed.

• Nice design.

For those having loading probs/

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @liam said: telling his girlfriend about

o.o

• I liked the old UNIQUE one. Now hackfourms can place orders ;(

• Much prefer this design, I found the old one pretty confusing :)

• Looks good!

• I prefer the old one, looks sharp and professional.
    The new design looks "too big" in my 1280x800 monitor

• The pictures don't look quite right. The edges aren't straight or feel strange. Otherwise I'm ok with this. I did prefer the old colors though. Too many blue sites.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Very much disliked the old site, love this one.

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

Even though it is better than the old one, still misses that great tenderness of KFC fried chicken.

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

No link to whmcs, no link to vps control panel. Still the same useless site. Tried ordering, whmcs seems down. Still the same useless site.

I also remember signing up before the transition to the whmcs and when they informed about this transition, guess what, password was sent in plain text. What does this mean? they store the password without encryption with the old useless admin panel. if not for low price I would have cancel my vps.

• InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk said: no link to vps control panel

Look better, I think "Admin login" button at right of the page is that you need :)

@hAwNerk said: Still the same useless site.

Wow, you very strict :) As for me it's nice, comfortable and modern site with unique design !

@hAwNerk said: password was sent in plain text

And how you would like to get it, for example?

• IMHO passwords should be sent using a password protected file, which can be open using key-phrases, those keyphrases can be found by providing your finger print and DNA information.

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@Inglar said: Look better, I think "Admin login" button at right of the page is that you need :)

Did you think I did not bother looking? That is not the vps control panel link.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: IMHO passwords should be sent using a password protected file, which can be open using key-phrases, those keyphrases can be found by providing your finger print and DNA information.

If this is sarcam better read again. The main problem is that if they can send the password in plain text means it is stored unencrypted, that is why in most sites, you can reset a password but not recover it. The problem is about storage not about how they send it. and now that youve mentioned it, it is also wrong to send it in plain text, they should have not send it. I am watching you Ninjahawk.

@Inglar said: And how you would like to get it, for example?

same answer as above.

• InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk said: That is not the vps control panel link.

Yes... Just need add the word 'vps' into browser's address bar after redirecting and press 'Enter' :)
    I agree, a little uncomfortable may be...
    But for security reasons it may be even better, that there no direct links from main site to the VPS CP?

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

Well that proves it is still the same useless site. and I cannot see it a security advantage.

• The old design is nice and clean, but little hard to navigate, and no "Language" option.
    The new one is easy to navigate, but the color is not as nice the old one

• InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk said: Well that proves it is still the same useless site.

What you say is proof that you need some enterprise-class hi-end security solutions for extra cost if you ready pay for this :)

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@Inglar said: What you say is proof that you need some enterprise-class hi-end solutions for extra cost if you ready pay for this :)

Honestly? Are you serious? Why would you need enterprise-class hi-end solutions for a functional website? You are kiddin' right?

Hostigation's website is so freakin simple yet it has everything you need.

• InglarInglar Member
    edited September 2012

@hAwNerk, at first, why do you think that someone interested in all your passwords?

Don't know anything about Hostingation, their DC locations is not suitable for me
    at this moment.

And if we are talk only about a functional public website, then just keep good security level at your side and keep regular backups of your data somewhere else...

As about Edis VPS CP, 'IP access control' may be useful and simple security solution at this stage.

• hAwNerkhAwNerk Banned
    edited September 2012

@Inglar said: at first, why do you think that someone interested in all your passwords?

Don't know anything about Hostingation, their DC locations is not suitable for me

at this moment.

And if we are talk only about a functional public website, then just keep good security level at your side and keep regular backups of your data somewhere else...

Are you high or something? I wasnt recommending hostigation, and what made you think that? How is a functional website related to security?

You on drugs man? Marijuana maybe? Heroin? Cocaine?

You are retarded.

• @hAwNerk = @subigo?

Just throwin it out there.

• @serverbear said: @hAwNerk = @subigo?

Just throwin it out there.

I am coming to the same conclusion myself.

• This is rude. Simply rude.

• Looks awesome and very clean & well structured!