Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS/LicenseCube Fail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS/LicenseCube Fail

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited September 2012 in General

Realized today that our license for whmcs on the vps site was suddenly invalid. I'm not sure who to point the finger at here, but one of these two really messed up big time. So I figured I'd share with you guys as a warning. Here's the email I got from LicenseCube:

To Whom It May Concern:

We wanted to provide you with an update as to the on-going issue with WHMCS licenses. As you may have noticed, the licenses are suspended and we’re unable to get a response from WHMCS’s support team in regards to the current status.

Being WHMCS’s largest external distributor, we’ve been trying to renegotiate our rates with WHMCS to be more in line with other licensing providers and web hosting providers who also resell WHMCS services, as we always want to try to provide the best possible rates for our customers (If you review the recently hacked WHMCS database, you'll notice that the rates are being unfairly lowered for certain providers whom are also distributors). Unfortunately, WHMCS has constantly derailed conversations by refusing to come to the negotiating table (we have tried to call upon them to be reasonable multiple times). 

As a result, Matt Pugh (Founder/CEO) of WHMCS, has taken the step of suspending all your licenses of WHMCS provided by us, and has failed to reply to our requests to keep the communication channels open for further negotiations/resolutions.

This has been a huge shock and has made us take a second look at WHMCS. We ask that you please help us to help you by getting in contact with WHMCS and asking them to continue a line of communication, which will allow your licenses to be reactivated and fair and balanced negotiations to continue.

Once again, we apologize for the issues that you are facing and we are certainly committed to providing the best services possible in assisting to resolve this case. 

Thanks again for your understanding and cooperation.

LicenseCube Team

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah, lesson learned. I had never used either at the time and grabbed the first one google gave me, like an idiot.

• Thanked by 1jar
  • That email reads like a cablevision and content network dispute.

Though I would agree with LicensePal that if WHMCS was providing a vastly different price to a favored distributor I would be upset to. But christ pay the bills while you discuss it.

FWIW just buy a license directly with WHMCS but dont use a credit card lol.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

One of them made an inexcusable move here, that's for sure. As for which one...I'm reading between the lines "We didn't pay in protest."

• TazTaz Member
    edited September 2012

@FRCorey said: favored distributor

For example host gator.

But how cheap do you expect them to get? Their current pricing is $7.20 for 100+ licenses ..

Matt has to pay devs and bills too.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It is unfortunate it left users out in the cold.
    This should not happen, no matter how hot the negotiations are going.
    What I am reading between the lines is LC will fail.
    WHMCS is also not doing great, especially after the last hacked issue.
    I wish I had all those popcorn images at hand...
    M

• @Maounique said: WHMCS is also not doing great, especially after the last hacked issue.

WHMCS started acting more like a pure ass for last couple of month. Specially after Cpanel Affiliation, they became more difficult to deal with.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Specially after Cpanel Affiliation, they became more difficult to deal with.

cPanel is also becoming more of an ass, many people didn't want WHMCS partnership or Attracta partnership.
    They just refuse to listen and think its right.

They are becoming like parallels, bundling everything together instead of improving their own panel product.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

could be an issue between those 2 companies. Licensepal is the best

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Go with LicensePal or BuycPanel for sure!

• sorry to hear that @jarland, did they refund you or at least credit your account?

time to buy a License from LP :)

• It was only up until a month or so ago that those guys had monthly hostbill licenses as well, even though hostbill had stopped doing them directly.

• LOL. if they dont have funds why bother starting

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

Jacob ==> Gun ||)---||--> ==> Randy....

@Randy said: LOL. if they dont have funds why bother starting

Thanked by 3Asad Taz Taylor
  • lol wut.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

I heard about their DirectAdmin reselling when DA don't allow resellers only hosting providers get discounted rate

I have to purchase through BuyWHMCS(Buy cPanel) because who likes paying VAT ._.

• yeah they did. and they are exposed

• Now now @Jacob, play nice.

• @Jacob said: Jacob ==> Gun ||)---||--> ==> Randy....

i fired. the gun back to you.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

If you're going to shoot me, please use correct grammar.

@Randy said: I fired the gun back to you. --> i fired. the gun back to you.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @Jacob i fired the gun back at you

• I shot you both.

Thanked by 2tommy hawks
  • yup.. the grammar is killing him softly.. already :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2012

bullets dose not matter to grammarr! ;-) dem just go tru grammarr like dem dose goes thru cheese! yo! backoff grammarrfucka! :)

Thanked by 1lbft
  • @Randy - Types with horrible grammar because he isn't very educated.

others - Tries to fix people's grammar on the Internet.

Good luck.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Matt has to pay devs and bills too.

Eh, he still made 100k each month after all server/dev bills.
    If you care i give you the companieshouse documents from the Whmcs Limited in UK, which also includes the report fillings and VAT bills/returns.
    (Though i i guess he paid some developers... lets call it 'external' without any tax, not unlikely)

• I can't simple believe people still want to use WHMCS or at least aren't busy looking at alternatives. It's been so many times over the past few years they've proven to me completely incompetent of doing what they do properly. The above once more confirms what an absolutely arrogant person (for the lack of a different, decent word) Matt Pugg is.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

Oh shut up already Pats ;-) send out mails now.

Giant_crab. whoever you . get busy and fly away. ;-)

ego kills faster compared to a gun

• @Randy said: Please keep it to yourself, Pats, and please send out mails as soon as possible, thank you.

Dear GIANT_CRAB, whoever you, please do not harass me, thank you.

I am pretty sure your grammar is not better than mine.

There you go, corrected for you. :) No need to thank me.

@mpkossen said: I can't simple believe people still want to use WHMCS or at least aren't busy looking at alternatives.

The automation of WHMCS is the selling point but their attitude really turns me down.

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited September 2012

If you're a developer it is worth getting your license directly from WHMCS. With that you will also get a second development license that you can run on localhost or a server with that has a password (.htpasswd) lock.

That being said Licensepal is a great place to start. Good prices, helpful and friendly staff, fast response to support tickets.

What goes on between a reseller and their supplier is between the two parties, I couldn't care less. Customer's don't need to understand anything, they can just move on to another reseller or buy directly from WHMCS. Also asking customers to help you, the reseller, negotiate after you've messed up is a new low.

The fact that LicenseCube never sign their emails with a name is just as creepy. "The LicenseCube Team" ... really? It's about the same as one man hosting companies signing emails with "John Doe - CEO of Chep 4$$ Hosting Co."

Yes, we've tried LicenseCube in the past. It's a pain to reactivate a license if you change your IP address, etc. Why they haven't integrated WHMCS better is beyond me. Anyway, go Licensepal!

Thanked by 1Randy