Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Launch Free VPS's - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pre-Launch Free VPS's

Comments

• fanfan Veteran
    edited September 2012

@StormVZ said: Also we are mainly looking for beta testers in the EU but not limiting any low risk countries such as US/CA and such.

You should mention that in your post.

-Smart- business practice, unsubscribed.

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@StormVZ said: on top tier 1GBPS network

Your network is only 1Gbps?

Thanked by 2Nexus Infinity
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@Nick_A most here would know what I meant by that, I don't mind competitors bursting there bubbles here though :)

But if you want to get technical, all connections are delivered over RS centres core with active capacity in excess of 110Gbps.

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • Some countries with high risk will not be sent logins, these include but not limited to users in Africa, China & Malaysia.

emm...

• @peppr said: Africa, China & Malaysia.

Again, Africa is not a country buddy,

Thanked by 2Nexus Inglar
  • budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited September 2012

@peppr said: Some countries with high risk will not be sent logins, these include but not limited to users in Africa, China & Malaysia.

LOL.

Thanked by 2Nexus Infinity
  • @Zen said: LowEndGeography

There has to be fail in there some where as well...

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

@StormVZ said: on top tier 1GBPS network.

Redstation
    Top tier

Oh god, that's the joke i needed to get happy today :')

• @William just because you may have faced issues, we have had none. Calls were answered within minutes during UK night time as well and server setup within 2 hours.

Low end geography, not really. It means all of Africa is deemed high risk, didn't think I had to type every country for a fool to know

• @StormVZ Redstation is != Top Tier. Punto.

@peppr said: Some countries with high risk will not be sent logins, these include but not limited to users in Africa

You have mentioned country not continent. Wrong wording. It is like McDonald saying we sell chicken while in reality you are only selling frozen chicken nugget.

• How come...??

@peppr said: & Malaysia.

• Majority of RedStations bandwidth is Level 3, and a good number of carriers, So it isn't low quality bandwidth for sure...

But what you guys define "Top Tier" I have nfi.

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Redstation is != Top Tier.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Jacob said: Majority of RedStations bandwidth is Level 3, and a good number of carriers, So it isn't low quality bandwidth for sure...

Their network may be top tier, although last time I checked the majority wasn't Level 3, maybe I wasn't looking carefully enough, either way the problem is their support charging for ever little bit you need done and blocking port 25 and lots of other crap but hey, stuff may have changed.

• @Infinity we have had no issues so far and they even offered to change the router with no words about cost or anything to a IPv6 compatible one tomorrow first thing when there network engineer comes in and tickets usually answered within ~30mins even though they have 8 hour SLA so it's great as it's Sunday

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@StormVZ said: @Infinity we have had no issues so far and they even offered to change the router with no words about cost or anything to a IPv6 compatible one tomorrow first thing when there network engineer comes in and tickets usually answered within ~30mins even though they have 8 hour SLA so it's great as it's Sunday

Awesome, maybe they really have changed. That doesn't sound like experiences I've seen, no not on WHT etc, I've met people (namely my uncle, who loves colocating in every DC in the UK but never installs Linux - idiot) with some bad experiences.

• We have received a high amount of requests, all requests will be processed between 9AM - 5PM GMT tomorrow.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@StormVZ said: most here would know what I meant by that, I don't mind competitors bursting there bubbles here though :)

Ah yes, that's the obvious conclusion.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited September 2012

@StormVZ said: We will not be using billing system during beta so maxmind is pretty irrelevant right now.

i was not talking about billing nor maxmind, i'm talking about the point from my above comment. this is a discrimination like what Hawk said. you don't need to burn the barn just for a mouse. don't you?

ps: yes, i'm a provider too, but i'm not going here for bashing you, i only hate the situation that i can't make an order just because i'm Indonesian (Asian).

• kalamkalam Member
    edited September 2012

He should of worded it differently. "We're currently looking for testers from Europe and North America to test our VPS and our network for free before we launch" or something along those lines.

Lol @ LowEndGeography.

P.S. All PR related job offers should be forwarded to my inbox. :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Even though I sorta agree with your position, you shouldn't discriminate anyone. 3 of my biggest clients are from ASIA ( 1 Indonesia and 2 India) while one of my oldest (3+ years) client is from Papua New Guinea.

I'm from Asia/Indonesia.
    And it's interested if someone from Papua New Guinea have a service form you :)

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2012

The problem with Redstation is simply that they have no capacity anymore (well, had) but it seems they added a few more to GBLX (which is NOT Level3 (yet)) and get an "average" speed now.
    I'm still uanble to get anything more than 5MB/s from their network however, to US - EU (AT, PL, ES, DE) and even inside the UK itself over their peering.

They also have lots of DDoS booters on the network, which attack us all the time, and support is useless as they tell you they can do nothing against it.
    (And a 10G attack does hurt)

Would not recommend to use them as DC.

• @William

@William said: Would not recommend to use them as DC.

>

Unless you want to host a 10G **booter ** to target edis :p

• Im from Indonesia thats bad too.

• A registered company dose not need to buy followers on TW. that is bad

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2012

@Randy this account was actually used as a follow4follow account hence the "13k" tweets which are now archived as they are 1-2yrs old, we have never bought followers and never would as they are inactive and useless. There were many scripts that could auto follow all / tweet bots back when they API had much less restrictions then now, nevertheless we managed to flush all followers last week since we didn't even use the account.

On the hander hand:
    We are having have our server moved to a IPv6 compatible switch in the DC, they were originally going to replace the one we are on but this would cause downtime for all the other servers on the same switch. This of course would cause downtime, we are waiting for this to be done within the next few hours then process all users. We will email all users also, as IPv6 won't be setup as we will be processing accounts first, reply back if you'd like to have IPv6 to be added. Will be stated in email as well.

We are also thinking of switching HDD"s from 2x7.2k RPM SAS to 2x120GB Intel SSD + 15k 600GB SAS

• klikliklikli Member
    edited September 2012

*Finding open proxies to sign-up with a better-looking US IP*

• @klikli I'm not totally restricting everyone, it'd be nice to get feedback on ping from countries far from the UK, several people have PM'ed me and there reason was valid enough and they were from CN/Malaysia :) You know what to do.

• sharing feedback : do these count: ping times or doing freevps.sh things, dd tests?

i said no to sharing feedback cos i am not a linux or vps guru, if those are feedbacks you want, i can provide and share feedback :)

• @tridinebandim yes that's what we are looking for, detailed statistics from around the world and intensive testing is welcome but personal non-abusive use is fine to.

We are preparing to send an email update to all our subscribers, this will give them chance to update the "What will you use the VPS for?" and the "Will you share feedback to us?" fields and then we will select those whom we think will think are fair reasons for usage.

Thanked by 1tridinebandim
  • We have sent emails to all current subscribers with an update and how to update your profile so you have a better of chance of getting accepted :)