Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to UrgentVPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to UrgentVPS?

ootnegootneg Member
edited August 2012 in General

Does anyone know what happened to UrgentVPS? The domain name seems to be expired. No trace whatsoever when searching on Google. I haven't been able to reach my VPS in several weeks.

Comments

• Here, have this profile from the owner in 2005. Btw UrgentVPS has been gone for many moons now.

• Well, they seemed to go disappear about the time there OnApp Free year expired.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I've tried to track the address he gave and no one answered so meh, he's done a proper runner.

• @LV_Matt said: Well, they seemed to go disappear about the time there OnApp Free year expired.

i guess they cant pay for the OnApp license fee? anymore?

• @Infinity said: I've tried to track the address he gave and no one answered so meh, he's done a proper runner.

Thanked by 1SDH_TREXTOR
  • Yup, dead for months now. I'm surprised they lasted this long really, their services and website used to go offline for days if not weeks without any notice but they still came back. Not this time tho.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @Randy said: i guess they cant pay for the OnApp license fee? anymore?

Well its $100/mo for the control panel (then about another $120-$170/mo for a decent server to house it).

Then its another cost on all the hypervisors of $10 per core, plus the SAN costs also!

So OnApp isn't cheap.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited August 2012

then that's the reason why he's done a runner..

• earlearl Member

@LV_Matt said: Well, they seemed to go disappear about the time there OnApp Free year expired.

I guess now we know why they are called urgentVPS..

• gkzgkz Member

There were a thread in WHT about UrgentVPS which is not urgent. :p
    Took a long time to provision a vps

• OnAPP had some free licenses IIRC.

@rds100 said: OnAPP had some free licenses IIRC.

Yes, they still do but only, if I understand from their bullshit site (got so much of these "cloud" terms that I really don't get), you can only use one hypervisor with the free license.

• @Infinity hmm when i read their offer on WHT it was limited by total number of CPU cores, was not limited to one hypervisor.

@rds100 said: @Infinity hmm when i read their offer on WHT it was limited by total number of CPU cores, was not limited to one hypervisor.

It may have been an offer to me, because I e-mailed them and it was a non-profit that I was doing it for, and it was possibly an offer they made, to be honest I was totally confused.

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited September 2012

@rds100 said: OnAPP had some free licenses IIRC.

Actually if you where on an existing contract with them like UrgentVPS they don't have free 16 core licenses, that is only for new customers. Not ones that where setup under the "cloud-in-a-box" scheme they had then.

Plus UrgentVPS signed up well before OnApp had the free 16 core offer going.

If your wondering how I know this I currently have an active contract with OnApp. So I know there pricing structure inside out.

•  
    urgentVPS [email protected]

Dear *****,

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 24/09/2012.

Your payment method is: PayPal

Invoice #10332
    Amount Due: €-34.40 EUR
    Due Date: 01/10/2012 

It's nice to see they're not completely dead after all.

Also, negative invoice? What happens if you pay that?

• @vedran said: What happens if you pay that?

Ask them to refund you, and you'll get negative account credit. Then use the negative credit on any invoice to make any item more expensive! Wow!

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Their domain is dead, where did you get this from? Email headers!

It may be they imported the DB elsewhere(new brand maybe) and forgot to disable emails/cron.

• Copyright © 2011 - urgentVPS Limited. Registered in England and Wales, Company Number: 06863974

• @Randy http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/cf68cc54bacf399b4a712b5f969c70bf/compdetails

WHOIS address matches this but I can only presume it's a rented business address for postal forwarding etc

• Searching google.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I find it pretty funny how they tell you to send DMCA notifications and then provide a UK address.

edited September 2012

@StormVZ said: WHOIS address matches this but I can only presume it's a rented business address for postal forwarding etc

It's round the corner from my school, I'll go check it out tomorrow after-school. Last time I remember another address on Cranbrook Road I think which was a flat on top of a shop and no one answered, other than some Polish chavs standing outside.

EDIT: I've looked on Google Maps and it's in some random place I've never seen before, it's inside the town center. Will be interesting if anyone answers the buzzer thingamajig.

And, damn this is Friday so I can't go to school tomorrow. lol

• @SimpleNode said: Ask them to refund you, and you'll get negative account credit. Then use the negative credit on any invoice to make any item more expensive! Wow!

Ask them to refund me? Where? xD Their site is dead for months, so is my VPS so it everything else. And where is my account, how do I access it to use that credit? >_>

Headers:

Delivered-To: ***
    Received: by 10.180.3.6 with SMTP id 6csp290022wiy;
            Mon, 24 Sep 2012 01:02:12 -0700 (PDT)
    Received: by 10.68.210.207 with SMTP id mw15mr34252585pbc.81.1348473731927;
            Mon, 24 Sep 2012 01:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
    Return-Path: 
    Received: from chuck.urgentvps.com ([109.230.232.6])
            by mx.google.com with ESMTP id si9si18759369pbc.242.2012.09.24.01.02.08;
            Mon, 24 Sep 2012 01:02:10 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: temperror (google.com: error in processing during lookup of [email protected]: DNS timeout) client-ip=109.230.232.6;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=temperror (google.com: error in processing during lookup of [email protected]: DNS timeout) [email protected]
    Received: by chuck.urgentvps.com (Postfix, from userid 0)
        id CB662316BAA; Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:00:05 +0200 (CEST)

• JacobJacob Member
    edited September 2012

Polish Chavs, LoL! Really, This may sound racist but most of the Immigrants(This the right word?) after a while when they come to this country become quite arrogant, and annoying. And become chavy(I know a few lithuanians like this).

@Infinity said: Polish chavs

@Jacob said: Polish Chavs, LoL! Really, This may sound racist but most of the Immigrants(This the right word?) after a while when they come to this country become quite arrogant, and annoying. And become chavy(I know a few lithuanians like this).

I think what you are trying to say is, it's the modern day immigrants that come just to claim benefits and live a life without having a job or caring for the environment around them that are annoying.