Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have any Low End VPS recomendations for BT/PT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have any Low End VPS recomendations for BT/PT

VMVPSVMVPS Member
edited August 2012 in General

As title. I wanna use one vps to improving sharing points so that i can download more resources. In most PT/BT forums, they need you to upload enough traffic to keep your account alive. However, I failed to do this since the uploading speed is always much slower than the downloading one. That's why I need a LEB to do this for me. I don't need too much, I think I can uploading 200GB with this leb and it will be fine for me since most of time I will only download as much. I will try to control the traffic as well because it is not necessary for me to uploading too much.

I have searched for a while in LEB, but I prefer more fresh offers here, so i am wondering whether or not you have any recommendations or if this is allowed as your TOS.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

What does PT/BT mean?

Thanked by 1klikli
  • VMVPSVMVPS Member
    edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost BT/PT is a kind of downloading way. Torrents may be easier to learn.

• Why you not get seedbox?

• TazTaz Member
    edited August 2012

If you are looking for seed boxes, average vps won't help as this would drive up your random read and write usage like hell. You would better off getting on of those kimsufi 20$ box.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: What does PT/BT mean?

I guess it means Private Tracker/Bit Torrent, so just completly normal BitTorrent.

@VMVPS why do you use such crappy ways of uploading stuff? P2P is just outdated for pirating nowadays... Ironically it has been superseded by a much older technique...

• @gsrdgrdghd Thanks for explaining, but I don't think it out of date. At least, in china, PT is still popular for HD tv fans.

@Taz_NinjaHawk Thank u for suggestion of Kimsufi. But i really don't need that much since I just use it for personal use. Maybe as you said, SeedBox is much more suitable for me;)