Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IpxCore Current Status
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IpxCore Current Status

fresher_06fresher_06 Member
edited August 2012 in General

Hi All,

Is anybody finding issues while connecting to their ipxcore VPS .. for me initially i was able to ssh .. then it became really slow.Now I am not at all able to ssh .. however i can ping my ip .. in soluvm it shows offline .i have rebooted it but it doesnt get rebooted.

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I saw something on IRC where Damian posted some crazy high loads, not too sure though. I'll let someone chime in.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@fresher_06: which staff member did you talk to on live chat? Or what's the ticket # of the ticket you submitted? Lowendtalk is not IPXcore support, so i'd like to review the ticket or chat log and determine the breakdown where you didn't get a proper answer.

Regardless:

Some douchenozzle decided to sign up, then immediately begin flooding people. Not sure why it only recently started effecting other people:

• JacobJacob Member
    edited August 2012

@Damian It's not much, but I'm guessing only 100Mbit right?

Edit: Packets, Ah I see, 45K PPS.

• @Damian .. I do understand that Lowendtalk is not IPXcore support .. but just posted here in case if somebody else is also facing similar temporary issues ..
    I totally believe in ipxcore and you guys are doing some awesome job :)

• u4iau4ia Member

@Damian said: which staff member did you talk to on live chat? Or what's the ticket # of the ticket you submitted?

LOL :)

• Seems like a support request or purposeful slandering to me. If you really wanted to know what was going on at ipxcore you could have asked their staff.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@Damian I'm trying to find at your web page privacy policy but can't find it. Do you have any? Url?
    Thank you.

• @Spirit said: Do you have any?

We do not.

• @Damian do you think it's okay to publish your clients names and email addresses? We burned @Randy for the exact same thing.

• I guess if they have no privacy policy there should be no expectation of privacy?

• That's one way to run a business. I mean, maybe not one I'd use, but...

• InglarInglar Member
    edited August 2012

We don't need any network testing

Serverbear has added new incredible network test?

just kidding

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: do you think it's okay to publish your clients names and email addresses?

If they're going to arbitrarily ignore the rules that they agreed to when they signed up, then I fail to see why I need to give them personal indemnity for their actions, except maybe for moral reasons. Trading money to break rules doesn't grant the privilege.

I'm open to being proven otherwise.

@gsrdgrdghd said: We burned @Randy for the exact same thing.

So far i've yet to accuse an LET user of being associated with a ROKSO identity.

• @Inglar said: Serverbear has added new incredible network test?

I go by Souza on the weekends.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@Damian you will do everything in attempt to look cool at LET, won't you? Just like list time when you tryed to mock publicly from concerned client after week of downtime - and it wasn't so cool as you hoped.
    This is what I would call difference between professional mature hosts and wanna-be-cool-kiddy-LET dependable- circlejerking hosts.
    Not cool at all.

• InglarInglar Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: do you think it's okay to publish your clients names and email addresses

Hmmm, I'm personally don't shure that this real name and etc.
    Anyway, there no residence address published...

So for me, that's all fine, as is in the case with Ranty /or Randy?/.

• @Damian said: If they're going to arbitrarily ignore the rules that they agreed to when they signed up, then I fail to see why I need to give them personal indemnity for their actions,

A very uneducated response. You are no better than your client if you yourself cannot follow your privacy policy, you are far worse.

I don't think this is a kind of host you would want.

• @Spirit said: This is what I would call difference between professional mature hosts and wanna-be-cool-kiddy-LET dependable- circlejerking hosts.

Agree.

• @Damian, did the network testing mean ddos/flooding attempt?
    Do we still allowed to run wget for downloading cachefly or serverbear script?

• I don't know about the laws in the US (maybe someone who is more familar with them can comment on that) but i'm pretty sure in the EU it would be illegal to publish another persons email address or full name.

I personally would never host with a VPS that might at one point just publish my details.

Thanked by 2Spirit Maounique
  • @hAwNerk said: A very uneducated response.

Suggestions?

@hAwNerk said: You are no better than your client if you yourself cannot follow your privacy policy, you are far worse.

What privacy policy?

@ErawanArifNugroho said: @Damian, did the network testing mean ddos/flooding attempt?

Do we still allowed to run wget for downloading cachefly or serverbear script?

Yes, to both of those questions.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • The client was in the wrong. If you want to do something like that with your VPS, the least you can do is ask the provider for permission beforehand.

But the provider is also in the wrong. People are never going to see, "Here look at this ultra-witty thing I said when I shitcanned this guy!" as being a professional thing to do, whether you use the person's name or not.

Thanked by 2Spirit Maounique
  • @Jack said: But if he doesn't have one how can he follow it?

I checked it, and it seems that's far far worse that ipxcore has no privacy policy.

• @Damian said: Suggestions

GO back to college and learn.

• @hAwNerk: Everything you say is wrong!

(I can do this too)

• @Jack said: Harsh..

I know.

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Do we still allowed to run wget for downloading cachefly or serverbear script?

Stop all this ugliness around our cute 32mb LEB's ><

:)

• What dose this thread have to do with me? why bring this up again? its a mistake that has been done already. Really wish LET has a block/ignore button

• LOL ..... So what's wrong about these databases of abusers that we make that identify bad users. To me that's all this is... @Damian is letting us know of an abuser so if we get this customer on our system to not give him any services.

Thanked by 1ipxadam