Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a VPS sponsorship for a Christian School
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a VPS sponsorship for a Christian School

tkpstkps Member
edited August 2012 in General

Hello everyone...

After sending out mails to several good hosting providers and talking to them personally, i was unable to find any provider who should sponsor a VPS for a Church and a School. Many of them politely refused, many didn't even reply and many on the live chat disconnected the chat.

Now I want to see if anyone could sponsor us the VPS, so I kindly request all of you that whosoever could, please sponsor us a VPS with the following specifications:

Ram - 1 GB
Disk - 10 - 20 GB
Bandwidth - 1000 - 2000 GB
IP Address - 1
And good uplink and downlink speed.

We will be able to put a line at our website which would read "Hosting provided by the courtesy of Host Name".
I hope some one among the good people here will help us out.

Please send me a PM if you wish to have some details or if you wish to help us out, I'll be eagerly waiting.

Thanks to all. Cheers !

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I can provide this for you at Seattle, if you recosider your BW requirements. For 10k unique hits monthly I use much under 100GB on my main website. I can not see how you could consume 2TB of BW for a simple website.

• 1TB BW? for what?

Thanked by 1Zen
  • tkpstkps Member

Actually I am not sure about the bandwidth.
    The website will have photos upload of 2-3 MB each and 2400 people would be related to it. And the site has a background sound of 4 MB so I don't know how much BW is required. Please recommend what would be good for it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Seeing as how I work at a Christian school and a church, you have my attention ;)

If you don't find what you need, shoot me a message.

Thanked by 2laaev Nick_A
  • Just to be fair to all of us here, before give you help, I think you MUST explain what the VPS will be used for

• flyfly Member
    edited August 2012

probably need ~200GB /month, not even.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@tkps said: Many of them politely refused, many didn't even reply and many on the live chat disconnected the chat.

Hint. Even Nigerian scammers put more effort into mail to look legit than your anonymous request for donation. With proper introduction people would take you more seriously.

• tkpstkps Member

@NanoG6

I agree completely and I understand that :)
    So, whosoever will be sponsoring will be given all information that he will require by PM.

• tkpstkps Member

@Spirit
    I will just keep the hope sir :)
    Might be someone will help.... and I will provide information about what the VPS will be used for how and all other info.

• @tkps said: And the site has a background sound of 4 MB

Just a small (general) tip: Noone uses background sounds anymore. Good luck with finding a sponsor.

Thanked by 3MrDOS Asim tux
  • tkpstkps Member

@gsrdgrdghd
    The background song is a prayer related to the church.
    I will try to reduce the size of remove that as per your advice and thanks for the wishes

• Nigerian scam..:)

• tkpstkps Member

@LAKid
    If you need please PM me, I will get you my address and phone number, you can confirm then. Also I will give you details about the organization.

• If 2400 people would be related to the site, why don't you raise $15/yr, it would be cents per person.

• Is there a reason why your institution cannot afford to pay a small amount for a VPS? You can get a free one from host1free.com if you really cannot afford one.

host1free

I have hosted one with uptime metrics and stats.

free.kasberg.org

• @kkasberg said: Is there a reason why your institution cannot afford to pay a small amount

That would detract from bilking the coffers

• tkpstkps Member

@LAkid and @kkasberg

That is a good idea to raise funds but here people don't take risk to donate online and it is difficult for us to convert the donations given in the Church into online payment.

And host1free might not be too much reliable for us. I have got a sponsor. I will post the name here once it is confirmed.

• @tkps said: it is difficult for us to convert the donations given in the Church into online payment.

Does your church not have a bank account?

• tkpstkps Member

@ miTgiB
    Yes dear sir, actually the money we are having is used for charitable purpose which is collected through school and Church. And I am a student of the school and I can build the school, we got the domain registered for 10 years which was sponsored to us by one friend. So we have saved money that way and a VPS sponsorship will help us save more and that money could be used for charitable purposes.

Although we are a registered organization and do have a bank account.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@kkasberg said: Is there a reason why your institution cannot afford to pay a small amount for a VPS?

This has kind of been a thought process that has come with the inevitable maturity that comes with age (you know, the minimal amount) for me. If it's meant to be done, the means will be provided. Generosity is biblical, but so is compensation ;)

• @tkps said: After sending out mails to several good hosting providers and talking to them personally, i was unable to find any provider who should sponsor a VPS for a Church and a School. Many of them politely refused, many didn't even reply and many on the live chat disconnected the chat.

Interesting, I see no emails regarding this, and I just looked through the live chat logs and didn't find any conversations regarding it, either.

• I mean like.. compress your photos and remove the song. Or, consider moving all your stuff to a Facebook page unless you can justify to yourself 'why I need a VPS'.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited August 2012

@tkps said: The website will have photos upload of 2-3 MB each and 2400 people would be related to it.

Isn't that too large for photos hosted on the net?

Why also 1GB RAM? Is your website written in Java?

• tkpstkps Member

I understand and respect all your views and comments but still I'll not leave hope.
    And I know why I need the VPS and also that I am not joking or scamming.

• jhjh Member

@Damian said: Interesting, I see no emails regarding this, and I just looked through the live chat logs and didn't find any conversations regarding it, either.

He came on our live chat yesterday and it was fairly clear he was asking a lot of companies. Needless to say I fired back my one-word policy on sponsorship: "no".

• Can't you afford ~$5 each month? wow...

Thanked by 1Asim
  • tkpstkps Member

Sir Its on wordpress and because we don't have a developer or a person to manage the site except me, people won't know to compress photos which will come from the camera directly...that's why sir

• Not to be an ass here, but did you only just sign up to ask the community for a favor instantly?

Because some might feel so as we havent seen you around before (just trying to explain).

Hope you find a good sponsor!

Thanked by 1Asim
  • jhjh Member
    edited August 2012

@joodle said: Can't you afford ~$5 each month? wow...

$5/month is a lot to some people, just as $20/month is a lot to a lot of people here. It's all relative and largely based on where you live.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited August 2012

if your photos will be straight from digital camera, you may need a 1TB disks in the long run. You also dont need to be a developer. You just need photoshop or something else.

In addition, if you don't have developer, I don't see it how you can install things or whatnot on the vps. better if you use shared webhosting. idiotproof

Thanked by 1Asim
This discussion has been closed.