Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video streaming options - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Video streaming options

2»

Comments

• @Pats: What type of camera are you using? If you are using a DV camera, plug it in and use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder. If your camera goes over HDMI, you will want to use some form of a Blackmagic card and still FMLE.

If you need special things like scoreboards and the like that must be present in the video stream, go Wirecast. Be forewarned, it is expensive as hell. Diamonds are cheap in comparison.

• PatsPats Member
    edited August 2012

@ihatetonyy yeah i have DV camera, but i think client may record an event with studio quality camera.
    Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, is it Free? i couldn't find any pricing details, searched Adobe Store also its not there. Download.com mentions Price: Free in the Specs.

I was reading about Amazon S3/Cloudfront, more details i got for file streaming - put your files on S3, create bucket, stream that from CloudFront.
    Downloading Flash Media Live Encoder, hope it has the answer to dynamically changing the contents of the bucket.

just remembered, 3-4 months back when the client had first contacted, i had used the services of http://www.longtailvideo.com/bits-on-the-run/pricing/ to show him a streaming demo , their Free 1 GB space & 5 GB bandwidth is good for hobby/ small scale streaming.

@ihatetonyy said: go Wirecast. Be forewarned, it is expensive as hell. Diamonds are cheap in comparison

nah.. i'll go for Diamonds instead - a small one, maybe in my budget :p

a good song for @gbshouse @gsrdgrdghd @ihatetonyy @jarland @jcaleb @Maounique @Pats and LET -

for only @TheLinuxBug
    dare to poke again? :p

• This is Adobe's page for FMLE. It's free, and if you're using a device that spits out what it likes it is a godsend.

DV cameras spit out what it likes. Blackmagic devices spit out what it likes. HDV cameras don't, though.. as I have learned far too well.

My suggestion -- and repeated YouTube video daily until the album is released:

• PatsPats Member

@ihatetonyy yeah i was on the same page of FMLE and was confused with the wordings in the centre 'Try it today', i have downloaded - will try it everyday :p

Pet Shop Boys !! reminds childhood's great listening memories - Always on my Mind, Its a Sin, Go West... :)

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • PatsPats Member

@ihatetonyy i installed FMLE, will test it later.

How do other people put logo + news/advertisements (say text streamer on the lower portion of the screen)?
    for example:

For File Streaming, i suppose you have to use a Video Editor and paste the logo + Adverts etc.
    But how in Live Stream??

(few months back i had also tested NCH software's Broadcom, Broadcasting Software. It has option to put logo. I haven't tested it enough, though i read unsatisfactory results with it.)

• That's more up Wirecast's alley. If you muck with software like ManyCam, you can take in your video, add stuff like that inside ManyCam, then have FMLE take in the video from ManyCam.

But if you want an AIO software package to do it, look to Wirecast.