Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24khost 256MB 10GB 2TB Cloud Benchmark - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

24khost 256MB 10GB 2TB Cloud Benchmark

Comments

• TazTaz Member

Dude Cloud Without NAS is not cloud. I am just trying to figure out something. That is all.

• I will find out from the tech guy's just a minute. Plus your defenition of cloud maybe different than others.

• TazTaz Member

@24khost said: your defenition of cloud maybe different than others.

Ya My definition of cloud is different than others, My definition of SSL is different than others.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Ya My definition of cloud is different than others, My definition of SSL is different than others.

>

As well as acceptable language on a message board.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Yes NAS is apart of our cloud.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk Wow you are just really out to get me why? Am I invading your spot or something?

• @24khost said: @Taz_NinjaHawk Wow you are just really out to get me why? Am I invading your spot or something?

>

Quote if he said something, ninjas remove their posts quickly.

• TazTaz Member

@Taylor said: As well as acceptable language on a message board.

Hey I have apologized for that already buddy.

@24khost said: Wow you are just really out to get me why? Am I invading your spot or something?

No, I am not here to get you nor You will ever be able invade my area. I am far behind to offer what I can call a true cloud. TBH, I can not afford. How ever, I can setup 10 servers with continuous data mirroring on multiple server Over dedicated GIG ports with auto failover and geological diversity, which would barely hurt my wallet but that will be a high available vps setup. Not cloud. I am just tired of hearing the word cloud everywhere that doesn't define what cloud is.2 pesky server with couple of sata/sas/SSD or what ever and data mirrored to each other is not cloud.

• TazTaz Member

And sorry It is SAN not NAS. My Damn phone.

• The geographic diversity is still something that is being developed on the backend with vpsgrid.

• Yes. We have the san arrays plus the network attached storage. NAS, used for the backup, of the balancing nodes and the main controller node.

• TazTaz Member

@24khost said: vpsgrid

It is not VPSGrid's task. It should be the provider. Setting up servers in different location with auto failover should not depend on a panel that is "cloud" ready.

• TazTaz Member
    edited August 2012

Btw, Can I get a link to VPSgrid contact/download page? I only see there front page with features.

• it is not opensource. And it revolves around a peice of hardware.

• TazTaz Member

I for not care about opensource. Even if I have to pay, I will pay but I personally need to see this in action from provider end and clients end.

• give me an email and I will have him email you.

• TazTaz Member
    edited August 2012

HMU @ contactninja at ninjahawk.com

• TazTaz Member

@24kHost still waiting for "that" email.

• I have sent it to the creator.

• TazTaz Member

Has been almost 3 days.
    Btw, how much do they charge for that panel?

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited August 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Dude Cloud Without NAS is not cloud. I am just trying to figure out something. That is all.

Wrong! You are another victim of Ditlev's marketing.

Ditlev made up the term "true cloud" for his own product OnApp, where as in reality OnApp is pretty far away from a true cloud.

• TazTaz Member

How can you have a cloud system without a centralized storage?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: How can you have a cloud system without a centralized storage?

Depends upon your definition of the cloud, you are going of Ditlev and OnApp's definition, however even OnApp is moving away from centralised storage, and is essentially going back to localised.

• TazTaz Member

It is not Ditlev's definition. It is just what I believe. Cloud is hosted over multiple dedicated machines. And having a centralized storage is much more efficient than having local storage with ongoing data mirroring.

• @Taz_NinjaHawk said: It is just what I believe

Huge emphasis on this. There's no set definition, just personal opinions.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited August 2012

@ElliotJ said: There's no set definition, just personal opinions.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cloud?s=t

cloud   
    noun

• a visible collection of particles of water or ice suspended in the air, usually at an elevation above the earth's surface.
    • any similar mass, especially of smoke or dust.
    • a dim or obscure area in something otherwise clear or transparent.
    • a patch or spot differing in color from the surrounding surface.
    • anything that obscures or darkens something, or causes gloom, trouble, suspicion, disgrace, etc.
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@24khost said: 2500 GB Ram

I would have done that benchmark for far less....
    M

• it includes the appliance. So it is pretty spendy. You will have to get the quote from him.

• TazTaz Member

Big Shit