Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ipxcore email
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ipxcore email

flyfly Member
edited August 2012 in General
Dear bad-ass motherfucker, 

You are receiving this notification because you have active VPS services with IPXcore.

Within the next week or two, we are bringing some new servers online in Buffalo. 

Here is the roadmap for upcoming events:
Day 1: Bring new servers online. 

Day 1 thru 3: New servers 48 hour burn-in.

Day 4: Move everyone on node Diamond to one of the new servers. There will not be a large block of downtime, however, each VPS container will experience approximately 1 minute of downtime, as the old container is stopped, client data is synced to the new server, and the new container is brought online. Your IPs and data will remain the same.

Day 5: Pending confirmation that the Diamond->new server goes smoothly, Diamond will be taken offline for upgrade from RAID 5 to RAID 10, and kernel upgrade to .32 series.

Day 6-8: Diamond 48 hour burn-in

Day 9: Move everyone on node Sapphire to node Diamond. There will not be a large block of downtime, however, each VPS container will experience approximately 1 minute of downtime, as the old container is stopped, client data is synced to the new server, and the new container is brought online. Your IPs and data will remain the same.

Day 10: Pending confirmation that Sapphire->Diamond move goes smoothly, Sapphire will become a test bed for limited quantities of KVM containers.

When the container move occurs, your VPS will experience approximately 30 seconds of downtime. 

Please expect a more concrete schedule within a week or so, regarding when these events will occur.

Please contact us with any questions. 

Thank you for your time,
Damian Harouff
IPXcore LLC

kvm \o/

Comments

• Ye, i also got this email

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@fly said: Dear bad-ass motherfucker

That is the "name" you signed up with them ?
    M

• flyfly Member

naw, damian manually types out my emails.

• @Maounique said: That is the "name" you signed up with them ?

Mm hmm, it's his given name too; was even verified on Paypal.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

tl;dr:

Diamond moved to new server.
    Sapphire moved to Diamond.
    Sapphire becomes KVM.
    Other new servers become more OVZ.

• flyfly Member

@Damian said: tl;dr @fly is getting free services

thanks!

• @Fly why did you feel the need to post this? Should I post when uptime robot detects my ISP being down?

• winstonwinston Member
    edited August 2012

no love for winston?

</3

@eastonch said: @Fly why did you feel the need to post this? Should I post when uptime robot detects my ISP being down?

please do

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • Waiting for KVM.

• Diamond moved to new server.
    Sapphire moved to Diamond.
    Sapphire becomes KVM.

Sapphire is Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2216 HE 2.4 GHz
    Diamond is 2.8 GHz, so I get an upgrade. No problems there.
    But your going to use your slowest server for KVM? Is that wise?

• We're going to see! Hence why it's "test bed for limited quantities".

• @Zen said: Your main node is a dual core?

No.

• Your main node is a dual core? O_O

No. My server has four cores, I don't know how many there are in total.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

It is dual dual core cpu as far as I am aware? That opteron's perform good.

• @Damian compliments on how you keep your customers informed at how stuff is going. Have seen that very different at some providers (remember AlienVPS?)

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@efball said: No. My server has four cores, I don't know how many there are in total.

@Alex_LiquidHost said: It is dual dual core cpu as far as I am aware? That opteron's perform good.

@Jack said: sapphire is a dual core.

Indeedy, there's a reason it's getting repurposed into a test system: it doesn't meet density requirements for our current needs.

@Raymii said: @Damian compliments on how you keep your customers informed at how stuff is going.

Thanks!

• AsadAsad Member

@Raymii said: AlienVPS

• @AsadHaider if you want to fake buyvm make sure you can do it...