Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happen to Bluevm California's node?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

guyusoftwareguyusoftware Member
edited August 2012 in General

Is that the server is already gone?

Alert: Could not Connect to the server beryllium.bluevm.com. This is most likely due to underlying network problem. Make sure that the server is accessible from this particular node by running telnet slave-id 8889

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2012

Have you contacted BlueVM support? If you have not, please do so and resist the urge next time before posting a thread until you've done so. ;)

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • I had already contact them and they want me to wait for their update information but is is already two days.

• From what I understand, it's a hardware issue.

• aubsaubs Member

@infinity ... Shouldn't matter whether or not their customer has contacted their support, (s)he was asking if we know anything about it.

For the record, there's nothing on their Twitter account or forum, and I can't readily find a server status page from the main site.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well it is California.

I'm from Texas so I'm allowed to hate on Cali...

Thanked by 1DimeCadmium
  • I signed up for one of the Cali nodes last night, haven't been able to get into it yet. Assuming it's a similar problem, no response to ticket for ~12 hours.

• Do they have any status page or communication that its down?

• Welcome to the support forum of BlueVM!

• aubsaubs Member
    edited August 2012

@breton : The OP is probably more likely to get any update here than any other medium. Maybe @BlueVM could shed some light on the full situation? - It's quite ironic that I frequently get emails from [email protected] (I assume their own monitoring IP) with issues such as :

The port 80 is Up on 204.12.my.ip. Was Down for 100.8 Minutes

• DDoS + Hardware.
    From what I remember/heard.

• aubsaubs Member

@HalfEatenPie said: From what I remember/heard.

Where did you hear that? They're active on here, but from what I've seen, little, if any information regarding any ongoing issues.

FTR, I've not raised this with their support team, I've not had a chance to significantly look into the issues, probably a supplier issue though tbh.

• Somebody could give me some information about it? @Bluevm

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

@guyusoftware said: I had already contact them and they want me to wait for their update information but is is already two days.

Yo man nice to see you here.
    but my KVM with them is so good so far.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited August 2012

My vps has no effect, running good.

• @LAKid said: My vps has no effect, running good.

Wait, a post without bashing a DC or company? Good JOB :D

• aubsaubs Member

Chat log from the IRC support chat for @BlueVM ...

http://pastebin.com/KXx5Vshe

No one seems to be able to give a status update, not even "rallias : I handle making sure uptime is maintained."

LoL

• The ironic thing is that this box was going to be one of our 10 uptime monitoring nodes :P

• TazTaz Member

@serverbear can we help ;)

• @NinjaHawk Sure, just grabbed your latest offer.

• @TheHackBox Hey, stupid, when server is running, why bash DC?

• TazTaz Member

Wow, self whoring works :P
    @Serverbear
    I hope you will not be disappointed.

• TazTaz Member

@Lakid Tears of joy coming out of my eyes :====

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @NinjaHawk I'd better cancel my box with you now, good luck.

• TazTaz Member

@Lakid :( Now Tear of sadness :====

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @aubs said: Where did you hear that? They're active on here, but from what I've seen, little, if any information regarding any ongoing issues.

I'm in their IRC? All I can say is just wait, they're working on it.

• We are aware of the issue... the raid controller appears to have failed and since it's on board we're coordinating a replacement of the motherboard with the datacenter. Unfortunately this is taking far longer than expected and we will be compensating customers effected by this outage with a free month of service. We are expecting a replacement of the board to be completed tomorrow morning or early afternoon in PST.

Customers who are "in a rush" to have a vps back online can request that we create a new VPS for them instead of waiting for the old vps to come back online.

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie black
  • @Bluevm So it will be fine tomorrow right? Nothing, I could wait for your service. Thanks for your information.

• Mental note: Sounds like onboard raid controllers aren't a good idea

Thanked by 1Taz
  • @bdtech said: Mental note: Sounds like onboard raid controllers aren't a good idea

Its only when they go out that everything gets fishy.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@bdtech said: Mental note: Sounds like onboard raid controllers aren't a good idea

Depends... Sometimes they can be better than external RAID controllers.