Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Return of Mountspot
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Return of Mountspot

DanielMDanielM Member
edited July 2012 in General

Just a warning these guys have returned (As the email i just got sent)

We are glad to announce that Mountspot shall be restarting its services again.

All previous customers can create a support ticket to be entitled for a discount.

And the previous customers shall be given some free perks as well.

We are here to make sure, the quality of our service is at its highest.

Thanks for your support.

Wish them good luck :)

Comments

• I like the foreign tag.

The prices seem a lot more expensive than last time?

Thanked by 2DanielM Asim
  • @ElliotJ said: The prices seem a lot more expensive than last time?

Yeh $21 for cheapest vps lol

• krokro Member

I got scammed when they dissapeared last time.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2012

@DanielM said: Yeh $21 for cheapest vps lol

These are simply their regular prices from the last time. What was posted on LEB is:

Use promo code Lowendbox to get 70% off recurring discount. Their “Explorer Virtual Server” plan would be $6.59/month

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/mountspot-6-59-512mb-openvz-vps-in-india/

So maybe they meant they're going to honor the 70% discount for previous customers.

All previous customers can create a support ticket to be entitled for a discount.

• yomeroyomero Member

All previous customers can sign in to get scammed again n_n

Thanked by 3DanielM Inglar eastonch
  • Well, we are back in order to continue the quality service. We never were involved in a scam. All the previous customers who paid us where satisfied and the ones who had paid but didn't received have already been contacted to get their compensations.
    @Yomero: If we had to scam, tell me why would we have returned?

The normal pricing is the same and you can use the coupon 'promo15' to get Explorer plan at $15. This pricing is the most competitive in the industry. Find lower and we will match the same.

• @mountspot said: The normal pricing is the same and you can use the coupon 'promo15' to get Explorer plan at $15. This pricing is the most competitive in the industry. Find lower and we will match the same.

Bullshit! $7 or nothing on this site!

Thanked by 1tux
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2012

@mountspot said: The normal pricing is the same and you can use the coupon 'promo15' to get Explorer plan at $15. This pricing is the most competitive in the industry. Find lower and we will match the same.

lowendbox.com You're free to price match any of those. ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Find lower? Dixhost!

edited August 2012

@KuJoe said: lowendbox.com You're free to price match any of those. ;)

@jarland said: Find lower? Dixhost!

Is it obvious only to me, that he meant in India?

@DanielM said: Bullshit! $7 or nothing on this site!

But yeah, if MountSpot wants to continue posting offers here, they need to have some at $7 or below.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Probably, especially since I've never heard of them and I'm on my phone ;)

• krokro Member

For the record I was never contacted or refunded

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @Jarland: We are talking about India.

We have already sent an offer to LEB admin for our LEB exclusive offer.

@Gsrdgrdghd: As mentioned above, we have sent our LEB offer to admin and lets see if gets published.

@Kro: We did mail all previous clients. Must have landed to your spam box. Send a support ticket to me from your client account and please let us know if you have any other query as well.

Thanks.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

You saved your clients list from before? That sounds... idk how its normally handled but I find that a bit weird. Can anyone tell me otherwise?

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • We are still the same - that is enough to give you an answer. Thanks.

• @mountspot said: We are still the same - that is enough to give you an answer. Thanks.

Not a good one though..

• Can any previous customer comment on if there was any communication when they went down? I can only see their Twitter page and that doesn't look good: https://twitter.com/mountspot/

edited August 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: You saved your clients list from before? That sounds... idk how its normally handled but I find that a bit weird.

What's weird? From what I see this continues to be the same company, consider they just paused their operation for some time, due to one reason or another. Naturally they still have all their clients in WHMCS or whatever. Just with expired/cancelled services and maybe unhappy :) But no one probably even lost that much, if they were paying monthly; and MountSpot wasn't doing yearly offers, so there was no reason to do otherwise.

• @gsrdgrdghd: We did kept client updated via mail, Facebook or twitter as far as possible.

@rm_ : I am quite sure most of the previous clients were happy with our service.

The downtime was just a nightmare but that is now far behind and we are much better now.

• Never gonna buy a vps from mountspot

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @mountspot said: The normal pricing is the same and you can use the coupon 'promo15' to get Explorer plan at $15. This pricing is the most competitive in the industry. Find lower and we will match the same.

Look here for a cheaper plan. They use Xen-PV. They cap port speed to 3 Mbps and bandwidth allocation is 75 GB.

• @Biplab: I checked their website. It seems they are providing services at impossible pricing. Ctrls DC doesn't even have a server that comes up around $99.
    If you believe they can stick to their mentioned plan, try them and tell do they really do what they say. Their website isn't even working properly and the phone number they have listed is directly of the DC.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2012

@mountspot said: Ctrls DC doesn't even have a server that comes up around $99.

Yes, they do - just not on the website.
    They are also larger and exist for longer than you, without a 12 months downtime and comeback...

• Reminds me of iwebhostu

• @bijan588 said: Reminds me of iwebhostu

Surprisingly their website is still up

• krokro Member

So @mountspot asked me to contact them, and here was the outcome:

I got a little pissy throughout it.
    You be the judge:

http://pastebin.com/sNgyWj6R

• @mountspot,

I didn't look much into their contact details. But I'm currently using their service and quite happy with it. Their disk speed is in the range of 60 MBps which is lower than their advertised figure. I prefer Xen / KVM over OpenVZ and it perfectly fits into my requirement.

If you talk about service at impossible pricing, I'd say your earlier plan was an example of that. 250 GB of bandwidth @ 100 Mbps speed in India at a price point of $7 per month is quite impossible.

• If you want to hide your website, don't include unique URLs that identify it with one google search. Also you forgot to remove your 2nd name once.

Did i understand it right that you previously had a VPS with them and now want your money back for the downtime?

• krokro Member

That was about it.
    Or a matching offer, just to keep on the side(use for nothing) watch it go down.

Saw the URL shortly after posting. did write a response explaining. it looked stupid.

As i said at the top, was a quick search and replace- and not proofed ^_^, might have been things i would have changed if i read it. (To look smarter i guess. - But i've come to like honest and raw)

So it is the epic geany failure after all :)