Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH is giving out about 10000 dedicated servers in their new US DC for free! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH is giving out about 10000 dedicated servers in their new US DC for free!

Comments

• EST. Eastern Standard Time (to my understanding).

Aka, in 24 minutes.

• @HalfEatenPie

OMG OMG 24 mins xD

Yes, EST, but I am cofused because I am in CDT, and not CST, so... :S

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited August 2012

I am dumb xD

Well, I didn't got nothing again :P

• @HalfEatenPie said: This is my second one :P

now i know i'll set another alarm tomorrow :P

two questions:

• i'm yet planning to keep the server after the test month, if they keep all the features in the manager with the beta (kvm, reboot and so on) for the standard price. on ovh forum i found something about a "renew server" form, but i don't see it anywhere, do you know if i'm missing something?

• i haven't completely understood the new premium bandwidth plan that comes with beta server. "classic" sp plan mini has 100gbs capped to 10gbps after a 10tb traffic.
      bandwidth specs on the new plan mini doesn't refer to any traffic limit, but only to
      bare bandwidth: http://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/superplan_mini.xml

it seems they won't have unmetered plan anymore (this one: http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/superplan_mini.xml?bp=unmetered). as all of the new ones will be unmetered

finally there's this: http://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/hebergement_massif.xml

as i got it the more server you have, the more you'll have to pay to keep the same bandwidth on every server

quite perplexed

• @HalfEatenPie said: This is my second one :P

You can get more than one?

Also is this the last month for beta?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

Finally got one! What's the link to the manager? I know I saw it somewhere on here but now I can't find it :( [Edit] Found the link, what would the login info be? IP address or servername?

How long did setup take for most people?

• http://ca.ovh.com/

You'll get an e-mail, but usually its within the first few minutes (max 1 hour is what I saw)

• Well, I see it's setup because I can SSH into it but I can't seem to figure out the correct details to login to the manager :o Tried IP and servername with the password they sent me.

• @nunim said: I can't seem to figure out the correct details to login to the manager

They'll send you a NIChandle via email. It may be in a formal email saying 'this is your nichandle', or in something stupid like "Notice of connection to your manager:"

Then use the password you made during the signup process.

• The username is the one they e-mailed it to you (if you created a new account).

The password is the one you filled out when you signed up (if you registered a new account that is)

• Ahh it's my customer ID as the username, was thinking it was using the password they sent me not the one I picked, finally got logged in and I can start messing with this great OVH panel everyone always talks about. Thanks guys.

• hienhien Member
    edited August 2012

My Server still up.

• @hien said: My Server still up.

I saw what you did. You can't fool me. You misposted to here instead of your original thread. :P

I know your secrets!

• hienhien Member
    edited August 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: @hien said: My Server still up.

I saw what you did. You can't fool me. You misposted to here instead of your original thread. :P

I know your secrets!

lol.

@HalfEatenPie: I want to eat a pie :P

• @hien said: @HalfEatenPie: I want to eat a pie :P

This wasn't here before! There's a glitch in the matrix!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Seeing as how I've never used an i3, never looked at benchmarks on an i3, and generally have just overlooked it as a mediocre desktop processor... I was hoping it performed better than it does. It's not bad, but I don't see much use for it at the price range that's been speculated.

Could make a mediocre KVM node, but meh...I think I'm done with mediocre.

• @jarland said: have just overlooked it as a mediocre desktop processor...

LOL?
    Then all the AMD quad stuff is mediocre too...
    And even some FX...

• ztecztec Member
    edited August 2012

The security code just disappears with every browser I try.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@yomero I've pushed better out of amd quads that supposedly benchmark in a similar range, I'm not getting good results from this. Word it however you need to, I'm not a fancy writer over here, it's just not cutting it for me for even mild video encoding tasks. I never said it was bad, just mediocre.

Could be another bottleneck on the system, but disk seems fine.

• How long will it be free? half month or a month?

• @wahyan said: How long will it be free?

One month.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

Has anyone setup Proxmox on this yet? I don't get how to configure the network with their "failover IP's".

Granted I've never setup Proxmox before, I just want to be able to create a Debian KVM & Windows KVM.

• acarrascopeacarrascope Banned
    edited August 2012

forget it..

• Forget using proxmox on it. You don't have the IPs.

• Why would I need more then 2 IPs? Or do I need one for Proxmox also?

• earlearl Member

@HalfEatenPie said: Forget using proxmox on it. You don't have the IPs.

Actually you can have 31 IP's with the free dedi, so far I ordered 6 and is all free!

• Its 31 free IPs with the dedi?

Well then that's something I didn't know.

• earlearl Member

@nunim said: Has anyone setup Proxmox on this yet?

just install the proxmox image from the OVH manager.. when proxmox is installed you will get an email with your login info.. just type the ip in your browser and you should have the proxmox login page.

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: Its 31 free IPs with the dedi?

yup!! seems to be new cause it was not there yesterday, previously you can only have 1 IP fail over.. now you can also choose the country IP from Us or Canada