Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question - Minecraft Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question - Minecraft Server

2»

Comments

• @Jack said: How big were the floods against you mate?

I'll never know as I wasn't around and the flow rate was so high they nullrouted it instantly.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Trying to sort an SSD of some sort out as Minecraft likes SSDs. Hopefully will sort something

• @dominicl said: Trying to sort an SSD of some sort out as Minecraft likes SSDs. Hopefully will sort something

>

Let us know how that goes (:

Will do, lol

• @dominicl said: Trying to sort an SSD of some sort out as Minecraft likes SSDs. Hopefully will sort something

Secured servers have E3s + SSD options. They also have an arbor networks device which will filter DDOS attacks. On our servers hosted with them they have filtered a 5gbps attack while letting legitimate traffic through. This did not require null routing the IP. The play experience wasn't ideal for playing minecraft, but it allow a reasonable experience. We receive an automated email telling us when an attack starts and the size of the attack. With ongoing improvements to their network I can only recommend them.

• @ShardHost what was the problem with Secured? Why was the play experience not ideal?

I've used secured before - they're good. I'll see what lsn say today.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@eastonch said: what was the problem with Secured? Why was the play experience not ideal?

I think he means during the DDoS attack...
    M

• @Maounique said: I think he means during the DDoS attack..

Yup

• @ShardHost ah, thanks.