Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Kiloserve down? (edit: it's up now)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Kiloserve down? (edit: it's up now)

dracodraco Member
edited August 2012 in Help

Hello, I know I should probably e-mail them but I can't reach them at kiloserve.com and it seems like they are down. But I haven't seen any thread about this so I thought I ask before e-mailing.

Anyone having problem accessing sites hosted with them or is it just me? Thanks.

**Edit: KiloServe is back up again. **

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

It's not just you! http://kiloserve.com looks down from here.
    Yep, looks down.
    Check it at: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/kiloserve.com
    M

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

seems like it

Oops! Google Chrome could not find kiloserve.com

• dearroydearroy Member, Host Rep

http://kiloserve.com is down from here too
    guess there is a DDos attack or power cut.

• flyfly Member

:(

• both nameservers are non-functional. so you won't be able to reach them via email as well.

http://www.intodns.com/kiloserve.com

• flyfly Member

only two nameservers? :(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Cool, this is the advantage of hosting everything in one place...
    M

• Not good :/ My VPS server is still running though touch wood

• should have had more than 1 single point of failure nameserver.

• Yup, they're down from here

• I think it's just the kiloserve site. As @jamson said, his VPS is still up, and their datacenter (iMountain) is still reachable.

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited August 2012

Yep, and they aren't answering tickets since months... and as it looks like they needed more time than the most other Xen hosts to resolve (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3153/xen-exploit)

• I opened a ticket a few weeks back and it was responded too in a few hours, with a reply time of like 10-15 minutes after that. Yomero had a similiar issue with responses i think? :/

I've been really happy with them... hopefully it sticks to just their site. I'm worried now :(

• @Amfy said: Yep, and they aren't answering tickets since months

@jamson said: Not good :/ My VPS server is still running though

Ouch, I just wish they would come back and resolve things. They have been really stable for a long time.

Thanks guys.

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited August 2012

@draco said: Ouch, I just wish they would come back and resolve things. They have been really stable for a long time.

Yep. I also really liked them. But i.e dd was in the last weeks <30MB/s...

• Hmm.. Seems like their "super" nodes aren't doing so hot anymore.

• They are down. I have been trying since morning to log into their website to pay invoice. It has become overdue due to this outage. :(

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited August 2012

@biplab said:

They are down. I have been trying since morning to log into their website to pay invoice. It has become overdue due to this outage. :(

You'll have a couple days... My last one was overdue for 3 days before I remembered (they didn't send an overdue notice)

• biplabbiplab Member
    edited August 2012

@telephone,

Hopefully they'll keep my service running till they sort out their mess.

However I am worried as they are inactive over past several months. Ticket reply is much slower now. They took 4-5 days to set rdns and didn't inform me when it was done.

• cnzhhicnzhhi Member
    edited August 2012

What is happen?

• @biplab said: Hopefully they'll keep my service running till they sort out their mess.

I would be backing up quickly if I was you.

• @biplab said: They took 4-5 days to set rdns and didn't inform me when it was done.

That's normal with them... i posted about that on LEB when i first ordered, and they had a reason for that - it takes their provider a few days to do it i believe. That was last year though, heh.

@LV_Matt said: I would be backing up quickly if I was you.

I'm all backed up and ready to go if the servers go down. Hopefully it doesn't though, since i (was) enjoying the service. At least i'm near the end of my paid month i guess :P

@Jack said: Anyone got any update?

Nope. On their WHT profile:

Last Activity: 14-04-12 04:09 AM

Doesn't look positive at all really, lol.

• mmm ok vps still up, lets wait for a couple of days in my opinion.

just wait...

• telephonetelephone Member
    edited August 2012

Greetings Sir

Their main server needed some hardware replacement but should be back in order soon.

Their other servers were not affected and are still running good as far as we have heard.

iMountain.com

Was just forwarded the above from a friend :)

• @telephone said: Was just forwarded the above from a friend :)

If this is true then it's good enough for me. I just wish I heard this from KiloServe though.

Thanks.

• They even write like Kiloserve. Interesting.

• By the way, I think they're back. My sites and kiloserve.com are now accessible. No words from them yet but I just received an invoice too.

• That they have :)