Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another pretty decent dedi server deal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another pretty decent dedi server deal?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited August 2012 in Providers

Dacentec? Anyone used them before?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1176304&highlight=dacentec

Obviously more expensive than Datashack but you get the server after 12 months. The only downside is they do not have hardware RAID and only 1 IP comes free.

Some pretty good comments here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1177166&highlight=dacentec

I talked to them via email last night, no discount but the support is pretty friendly and professional.

Anyone else has experience with them?

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

I don't get it why 2nd server is more expensive. It looks worse in the specs (same disk but less RAM).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Address isn't a house, that's a good start.

Thanked by 2DanielM klikli
  • Nahh Dacentec is really good. They own their own DC, I know @Satellite has one along with a few others in IRC.

• TazTaz Member

While those lto deal looks nice, those servers are older than my baseball bat. For leasing, they might be ok but if you want to get your own server, better get it from ebay.

• @rm_ the Dell is more expensive because it comes with onboard IPMI and hardware RAID.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@Jeffrey
    non-ECC RAM? and no "own it" part, and this is really the killer with Dacentec, basically a 8-core 16GB ECC RAM server for only $650 with 12 month free colo included. This deal is good, but I doubt a bit if they are REALLY going to fullfill the "own it" part for everyone without any issue.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

@Satellite said: the Dell is more expensive because it comes with onboard IPMI and hardware RAID.

Yup. Unlike the smaller one, (which you have to request for IP KVM) the IPMI makes working with the server much easier.

• I don't know why you are self-advertising here on a thread that is completely irrelevant to you, very unprofessional at best.

Thanked by 2Infinity Jeffrey
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

@zhuanyi said: I don't know why you are self-advertising here on a thread that is completely irrelevant to you, very unprofessional at best.

Title: Another pretty decent dedi server deal?

:P We're talking about decent dedicated server deals, and while dacentec is definitely in the spot lights for this, I find Jeffrey's slight self-promo acceptable here (I mean it wasn't totally out of the blue unlike some people in the past).

Anyways, back on topic,

The real part I like about them is the rent to own system.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey

This isn't WHT, personally I welcome self promotion. I don't even mean for my benefit, I just think it's an outdated rule that people shouldn't self promote in conversation. As long as it's not a bot or an account that exists purely to inject self promotion into discussion.

• Hey guys! @jarland has his VPS company in his signature! He's self promoting by posting on this forum! Let's get him!

Honestly, its bound to happen and as long as that person is an active member of the community I'm ok with it.

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • +1 what @Jarland and @HalfEatenPie said.

I'd much rather buy from a LET user than a WHT-only drone. Now, if the self-promotion was "hell with those guys, buy my servers instead!" or other attack promotion, I'd have a problem with that.

• TazTaz Member

Hell with ipxcore get ninjahawk vps :P

• Another point that was just discussed on IRC is that I didn't even know @jeffrey did dedicated servers. Wouldn't have known too, except that it was posted in here.

@NinjaHawk said: Hell with ipxcore get ninjahawk vps :P

Can we buy your company yet? :X

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • TazTaz Member

Sumer ain't over yet :P I hope ninjahawk won't go up for sale within next 10 year

edited August 2012

Summer hosts unite! I've already started migrating people to VolumeDrive and telling them I just had to reboot. I can fit 250 people on 4gb ram right?

Before this is held against me later, laugh at the joke ;)

• @jarland said: can fit 250 people on 4gb ram right?

Dude! I heard with this old virtualization tech known as Xen (sounds cool right?) you can now fit over 500 people on 2 GB of ram!

edited August 2012

Just ordered this.

HP DL160 G6
    Dual Quad Core Xeon L5520 CPU
    16GB RAM
    2 x 2TB SATA3 HDD
    HP B110 RAID Controller
    1Gbps Unmetered Bandwidth
    UPS Backup
    Redundant Network
    $145/month.

Be jealous.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • TazTaz Member

I thought kimsufi was better for summer time. Summer =3mo kimsufi minimum term=3mo. Perfect combo.

• @NinjaHawk: minimum is 1 month bud :P you can manually change the setting

@jarland: I'm jelly

• TazTaz Member

@jarland 1gb unmetered? Where? Who? How?

Let's just say not volume drive ;)

• TazTaz Member

@pie what do I know? Never ordered anything from them.

• TazTaz Member

Come on jarland. Which DC? That bandwidth plan sounds delicious.

• @jarland said: HP B110 RAID Controller

Calling this a RAID "controller" is stretching the imagination a bit.. let me know if you get it to work.

@Damian Yeah that likely won't be the end configuration, surely I can pop a new controller in here.

• @jarland FDC Denver has no 'ups,' nor no network redundancy. ( ¬‿¬)

• @Wintereise: who said it was FDC?

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited August 2012

indeed.