Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus 50cents plan giveaway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus 50cents plan giveaway

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
edited August 2012 in General

OK, as I stated in this thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4026/whats-bigest-discount-offer-that-you-ever-got/p1
I got a free VPS from Prometeus I didnt manage to find a use for, just because I was lucky to be on at the time of the offer.

IP Address  37.247.50.231   Operating System    Debian 6 32bit
IPv4 Address    1   IPv6 Address    1
Node    pm15    Bandwidth   50 GB
Disk Space  2 GB    Memory  50 MB
Virtualization Type 
    (OpenVZ)
VSwap   50 MB

As such, I am giving it away to someone who will show a valid reason to have it.
In case there are more ppl qualifying, those that are most active and helpful will have the priority.
Erawan and jcaleb are not considered, they already have tons of freebies including this one :P
The plan is normally 6 Eur a year, but I got it free with an 100% off coupon.
M
P.S. Salvatore agreed with the transfer.

Comments

• I would surely take this off your hands! I already have a production server with them hosting my website. This one could be used as a personal project site for a bit of a "pingdom" style network I'm thinking of setting up.

Thanks,
    Chris.

• Hmm, it can be very nice for me as another DNS server location in Europe with this RAM and HDD allocation :)

• I just had a outage for my main web server last night, DatabaseByDesign is good but they almost have down time once every month or so. Therefore it would be great if I could get myself a new web server :)

• I will watching this thread :p

• @zhuanyi Memory 50 MB as a web server is crazy.

i will keep watching this thread, too.

• My reason is I applied for this last night (night time here), but my the time I got the response email after submitting the ticket I fell asleep. The morning I woke up and tried to use the coupon it failed :(. Cries missed out, so here's another chance.

• @airski said: Memory 50 MB as a web server is crazy.

Front-end only to run Nginx, I always have a HA set up with 1 DB backend and 2 web front ends

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ErawanArifNugroho said: I will watching this thread :p

Good, cause you wont get it :)
    M

• @Maounique said: Good, cause you wont get it :)

I use it to host www.bsie.net atm :p

@ErawanArifNugroho said: I use it to host www.bsie.net atm :p

403 Forbidden

A secret blog of sorts ? :P
    M

• Hehe.. didn't installed wordpress yet. I just configure it last night, and slept.
    Do you have any idea what should bsie.net for?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Do you have any idea what should bsie.net for?

So you collect domain names like virtual servers? ;-)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

@ErawanArifNugroho said: Do you have any idea what should bsie.net for?

Want me to guess, or make a suggestion :D Looks like you dont know yourself :D
    M

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said: Do you have any idea what should bsie.net for?

you have many domains, make your own NS with those tiny free servers you got

• @NanoG6 said: you have many domains, make your own NS with those tiny free servers you got

I want to try the tutorial from Lifebit.me, but didn't have time till now :D

edited August 2012

zhuanyi, you got it, pm me your account number to give to Salvatore for transfer.
    M

• @Maounique said: zhuanyi, you got it, pm me your account number to give to Salvatore for transfer.

M

Thanks Sir :)

• @airski said: Memory 50 MB as a web server is crazy.

Full LNMP (Linux + PHP-FPM + Mysql) running with a wordpress test blog:

http://37.247.50.251/blog/

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Debian 6 + Minstall + NginX + PHP-FPM + MySQL + Wordpress blog running in a 50MB VPS : www.bsie.net

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said: Debian 6 + Minstall + NginX + PHP-FPM + MySQL + Wordpress blog running in a 50MB VPS : www.bsie.net

ouch my eyes.. your WP theme is awsful..:-/

• wahahahahaa

• Do you think it can handle wordpress multisite?

• @jcaleb said: Do you think it can handle wordpress multisite?

Wow, that sure takes some tweaking :) Try it :)

• @NanoG6 : What about now? Is it nice?

Currently I'm also hammering test server in DWH, I wish I can make load 1000 tonight :D

• @zhuanyi said: Wow, that sure takes some tweaking :) Try it :)

I will!

• that is nice.. I probably use that one too on mine

@zhuanyi said: Wow, that sure takes some tweaking :) Try it :)

I am not sure why you think that way. It is only limited by space, otherwise the webserver is limited by visitor numbers. Anything else is marginal.
    M

• @Maounique said: I am not sure why you think that way. It is only limited by space, otherwise the webserver is limited by visitor numbers. Anything else is marginal.

I would assume have a multi-site would incure more traffic? Obviously we are talking abt new sites here

edited August 2012

In theory, but if it has more traffic, it does not add to load, only if the visitors hit same time...
    I.e. I have one site with 20 visits a day. When the visitor is in i see a spike of 5 mb in memory usage.
    I add another site which has another 20 visitors a day. That does not mean the spike by a visitor is 10 MB, it only means there will be more spikes of 5 mb a day, it is highly unlikely they will meet each other unless they camp the place...
    To put down a server you need visitors in the same time, no matter how many sites are there.
    M

• AmfyAmfy Member

@zhuanyi & @Maounique

I would say it depends on the configuration, the problem are always the php processes. If you always only use one under one user, I can agree completely with @Maounique.

But i.e if you have two sites under different users, it would be better to use multi sites on WP, since you only need one php process...