Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats bigest discount offer that you ever got - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

whats bigest discount offer that you ever got

Comments

• Oh my. Just tried to get one, and yes, I got one too...

Thank you again Mr. Salvatore and John :)

After all of this gift you got, what would you people will give back to Mr Salvatore @prometeus?

• I will hug the next Italian person I see.

• Submitted one, I promise I'll be kind to all cats and kittehs in my neighbourhood.

• Wait... you guys really got a free one from prometeus?

• edited August 2012

@jcaleb : Yes.

But I feel like guilty, everyone is asking for free stuff because of me.
    Sorry My Salvatore

• I got the free stuff! Wow, can't belive it. Thank you Mr Salvatore and John! You are the best!

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: But I feel like guilty, everyone is asking for free stuff because of me.

Sorry My Salvatore

I didn't mean to... I was just joking. But the best I can do is not be abusive client.

• Unfortunatelly, we are out of stock right now on the special plan.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but it was a flood of requests...

Aww.

• Fortunately, I was one of the last one to get the stuff. Although I was first to request, a lot of things happened while I was on the train and bus going home.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@jcaleb said: Fortunately, I was one of the last one to get the stuff. Although I was first to request, a lot of things happened while I was on the train and bus going home.

I bet there were like 10 orders a minute :D

It would be nice that ppl which got it and have no use for it to give away to someone which offers a good reason.
    If I dont find a use till tomorrow, I will. If that is possible, of course.
    M

• @prometeus said: Good idea! I added a special ticket department for this:

https://www.prometeus.net/billing/submitticket.php

Wait, is this for real?

• I will think of some use to it =)

Yes but apparently it was for real. I got one but someone said it is over.
    M

• @Chronic said: Wait, is this for real?

Yes. That's why you need to watch out when prometeus joins discussions.

• That is real :)

• I tried... failed.. hating on them pizza makers ;(

• 100% off. I haven't been paid to use a VPS yet.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

90% off VZ5 - prometeus ( april fool offer )
    50% off (any plan) - rocketvps ( good for upgrades, downgrades, addons )

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: That is real :)

Just read your blog and learnt that it was a free 50MB VPS. It would be great to have another 50cent Vps provider ;) lol. u knew it with that hostname ;)

• @peppr said: Just read your blog and learnt that it was a free 50MB VPS. It would be great to have another 50cent Vps provider ;) lol. u knew it with that hostname ;)

:D. Yes, I decided to not remove that info

• This has more memory than 50cents from IPXCore. We could cram more into this.

@dmmcintyre3 said: I haven't been paid to use a VPS yet.

Well, i am curious if there are some test drivers. it wouldnt be impossible, it seems 100% off is common place here...
    M

• @Maounique :) I only have one machine named "debian" and it's our debian mirror. Seems like a good name for it :)

@jcaleb said: This has more memory than 50cents from IPXCore

Yes, but dont forget this is eurocents, not dollar cents.

@rds100 said: @Maounique :) I only have one machine named "debian" and it's our debian mirror. Seems like a good name for it :)

You have a machine only to mirror debian ?

M

• @Maounique yes, actually it is a VPS now, but yes. I also have CentOS mirror, slackware mirror, linuxpackages.net mirror and kernel.org mirror.

@rds100 said: @Maounique yes, actually it is a VPS now, but yes. I also have CentOS mirror, slackware mirror, linuxpackages.net mirror and kernel.org mirror

You have too much time on your hands :D
    I do have tons of VMs also, but they each performing one role, not multiple machines with the same role, unless they are l7 gateways, one for each connection.
    M

• Someone mentioned Hostrail already? Like 70%

@yomero said: Hostrail

Let the dead rest in peace, hopefully they wont raise the Nth time...
    M

• @ynzheng

According to the ticket logs the machine was excessively abusing resources which effected the entire node.

The technician assigned to this ticket suspended the machine to prevent any further bottlenecking of resources (Logs are attached)

http://i50.tinypic.com/2llkf4n.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/nn2yv6.png

Customer was given access to the machine for 24 hours to back up all data and then terminate the machine.

• Pretty much all prometeus, but edis' last was nice (50%), too bad i was so stupid I only order one :( Didn't see you can buy multiple before too late.
    Also, some very good deals (tho from WHT):

• Neosurge (128 xen)
    • ProviderService (512 xen)