Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waveride (by EDIS) - 4Gb RAM/50G HDD/4 vCPU/2TB Traffic OpenVZ+Solus 5EUR/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Waveride (by EDIS) - 4Gb RAM/50G HDD/4 vCPU/2TB Traffic OpenVZ+Solus 5EUR/mo

WilliamWilliam Member
edited April 2013 in Offers

Waveride is a new low-cost sub division of EDIS, offering low-cost high-power VPSes.

Currently 4 OpenVZ plans are offered, ranging from 4GB RAM and 50GB HDD space (€5 / month), to 8GB RAM and 100GB HDD space (€10 / month). Orders can be placed here.

We use WHMCS and SolusVM, and deployment is fully automated, except for the first order (due to fraud screening). Your VPS is on a SuperMicro Dual E5-2630 (2x Hexacore + HT) node with 160GB RAM and 8 SAS2 drives of either 1 or 2 TB (Seagate Constellation Enterprise) in RAID50 (LSI), on a 1 gigabit connection to our core switch.

DD:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.59443 s, **673 MB/s**

Nodes are connected to the EDIS backbone, spanning 3 cities (Vienna in Austria, Graz in Austria, and Zurich in Switzerland) with Nx10GE/Nx1GE uplinks/interconnects to VIX (Vienna Internet Exchange), GRAX (Grazer Internet Exchange), ReTN, HE (IPv4 outbound only to avoid HEs inbound congestion), FiberRing (LeaseWeb/OCOM) and private peerings (eg. Swisscom, Akamai, most telcos in ex-Yugoslavia and eastern Europe). Our network is redundant and IPv6-enabled. The physical nodes are located in Vienna, Austria.
Further info on our AS/Network: http://as57169.net
Looking glass: http://at.edis.at

Now you might think there is a catch and yes, there totally is - but not necessarily a problematic one. These plans are entirely unmanaged and unsupported. We monitor the nodes and act on resource abuse or hardware problems, but we do not provide any support for software, routing issues/requests, template requests, control panel installations and so on. SolusVM lets you handle 99,9% of these tasks yourself, and you are expected to do so.
For emergencies, there is the WHMCS ticket system - don't message or call EDIS directly, it will be ignored!

Other things:

• VPSes are always delivered with Debian 7 x64 as default operating system, reinstall your VPS in SolusVM if you want something different.
  • IPv6 might not work out of the box (on CentOS and similar distributions). If it does not, simply run ip route add ::/0 dev venet0. If this does not work, try ip route add 2000::/3 dev venet0.
  • The initial installation of Debian may be corrupted by SolusVM, and the VPS might not come online. In this case simply reinstall from SolusVM.
  • We do not offer an SLA, uptime guarantee, or refund under any circumstances.
  • Stock is currently limited to 250 VPSes.
  • We don't keep backups, so make your own backups.
  • For setup guides and help with Linux, visit http://library.linode.com or http://www.cyberciti.biz

ToS:

• No pointlessly CPU-intensive applications such as cryptocoin mining or Folding@home.
  • Minecraft allowed, but you won't be pleased with the performance. The nodes run on E5 CPUs (which have a lower clockspeed), and use a SAS array. Think twice about running it.
  • DDoS (either inbound or outbound) is not acceptable. IPs are nullrouted for a minimum of 12 hours, and we reserve the right to cancel your account if you get attacked.
  • Torrents and VPNs are acceptable, but we might ask you to stop if you get (too many) DMCA notices.
  • The information you provide during ordering must match PayPal information (name, e-mail address, country, ...).

TL;DR: New EDIS brand, it's great!

Now, here is the LEB plan:

• 4 GB RAM
  • 50 GB HDD
  • 4 vCPU cores
  • 2 TB traffic
  • 1 IPv4 (no reverse DNS currently, ETA 1 week) / 10 IPv6 (no reverse DNS currently, ETA 2 - 3weeks)
    Payments are accepted via PayPal only.
    Order here: https://waveride.at/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

--The EDIS Staff
:)

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Mother of God...

Few names I'd trust to pull it off ;)

• Huh.avi

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You gotta set the bar high for summer hosts. That way we can watch them keep jumping to hit it.

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited April 2013

Suppose i should express my concerns here as well, but meh. At least you are being blunt with what it is, what people should expect etc.

Enjoy the chargebacks and abuse.

• LeeLee Veteran

Never expected this from Edis!

• vedranvedran Veteran

Owaveridezold?

Nice offer tho. And Edis finally gets Solus and proper ticket system.

I hate you VAT @ 20.00%

• lbftlbft Member

Interesting, some beefy hardware to back it up too.

@blergh_ said: Enjoy the chargebacks and abuse.

Why do you say that?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@lbft said: Why do you say that?

Indeed, for some reason which is unexplained for me, abuse and chargebacks happen mostly at 1-2$ a month offers.
    I will never understand why ppl dont get premium VPSes if they do not pay for them anyway. If I were a thief I would not spend someone else's money on cheap hotels, I would go to Vegas, no matter how good the cheap hotels might be for the money.

• lbftlbft Member

@William, Solus shows this as 2GB RAM / 4GB burst, whereas the offer pretty clearly just states '4GB'. What's the deal?

And is it .18 or .32 kernel ?

• vedranvedran Veteran
    # free -m
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:          4096         14       4081          0          0          8
    -/+ buffers/cache:          5       4090
    Swap:            0 

I guess Solus is wrong.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2013

@lbft said: 2GB RAM / 4GB burst

This means 4GB RAM actually. "Burst" is just a marketing term, don't know who invented it first. The real names are "OOMGUARDPAGES" and "PRIVVMPAGES", which don't sound very well from marketing point of view. But if your PRIVVMPAGES is 4GB, you can use 4GB.

• lbftlbft Member

It's still different to the way things are conventionally advertised here.

So, this may mean it is .18 kernel ? All evidence so far points that way.

• superpilesossuperpilesos Member
    edited April 2013

Do you accept payments with credit card without paypal account? ("Checkout as Guest")

• vedranvedran Veteran
    edited April 2013

Would .18 kernel show buffer/cache? It looks like .32 kernel without swap to me

Anyway, benchmark:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 0 @ 2.30GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2299.885 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 4096 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   23 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 18.4MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.37MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 3.42MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 49.3MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.38MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 488KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 7.33MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 12.2MB/s
    I/O speed :  602 MB/s

@vedran said: Would .18 kernel show buffer/cache?

Can show even swap, i think.

• Ok stop guessing, just uname -a and tell us the result.

• vedranvedran Veteran

2.6.32-042stab076.5 #1 SMP Mon Mar 18 20:41:34 MSK 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

But that doesn't really mean anything

• @vedran said: 2.6.32-042stab076.5

It's real 2.6.32, not fake.

• AndreAndre Member

heh

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2013

@Andre now you have us all wondering in which country the time is currently 8:19 am :)

• loaction only at vienna autria any other ?

• Do you accept payments with credit card without paypal account? ("Checkout as Guest")

yes

• @Andre
    sssh! stop worrying and start acting like a mindless zombie.

• AndreAndre Member

@rds100 09:02 now — GMT+8, take a guess!
    @blergh_ yes I can't help myself, I'll go back to zombie mode

• @vedran said: I hate you VAT @ 20.00%

My thoughts exactly.

@vedran said: I hate you VAT @ 20.00%

Come to Romania, we have 24% :)

• My question is, what could people do with such a VPS that has huge RAM but not enough CPU power?

• @zhuanyi said: what could people do with such a VPS that has huge RAM but not enough CPU power?

Web serving with a lot of RAM caching?