Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bon OVH Intel Core i7 920 24GB 2TB 1IP 100mbit/5TB = 45$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bon OVH Intel Core i7 920 24GB 2TB 1IP 100mbit/5TB = 45$

goexodusgoexodus Member
edited March 2013 in General

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

no ram?

and it is not $, it is 34.99€

• goexodusgoexodus Member
    edited March 2013

@netomx said: and it is not $, it is 34.99€

read before you post dude. Its all there:

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=35&From=EUR&To=USD

• @netomx said: no ram?

24 gigaoctets.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

and it is not $, it is 34.99€

annual contract required so when you add it to your cart you'll need to make a payment of 419.88€/$538.39 (for EU residents it's 502.31€/$644.08 with VAT) .

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@goexodus said: read before you post dude. Its all there:

damn... i think it is time to sleep. sorry

• flyfly Member

yearly only? :(

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

I don't think the sale is going too well for them.. the kimsufi E2180 sale sold out in less than a week this offer is going on the 2'nd week?

i think its a good deal but not when you have to pay yearly

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Still trying to work out what people do with these boxes...

• lbftlbft Member

@RobertClarke said: till trying to work out what people do with these boxes...

Hosting stuff? What a strange question from someone who not only runs a provider, but also supposedly runs websites himself...

edited March 2013

If prices for servers continue to drop like that, having VPS even for 7$ makes no sense anymore. The previous 12$ kimsufi performance is awesome. Backup workhorse but i wish the drive was 2TB

• earlearl Member

While the passmark for the i7 is 5,020 most of the L5420 deals come with 2 X L5420 so the passmark would be 2x3742=7484

edited April 2013

@earl said: While the passmark for the i7 is 5,020 most of the L5420 deals come with 2 X L5420 so the passmark would be 2x3742=7484

i respectfully disagree. A dual L5420 will give you around 3300 unix bench vs 7000 for this one. I can send you unix bench report.

• you cannot find CM type of deals in Europe and
    • you get 2TB of space which is perfect for backups and
    • it performs better in single thread applications and VM implementations
  • earlearl Member

I was trying to imply that while the L5420 is an older CPU, there is still plenty of life left in it.. you would be surprised at how many people think this CPU is too old and should be retired.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited April 2013

The good thing about L5420 is that it supports ECC RAM. It's not that old really, and was a very good CPU when it was launched. The only problem is that it's not sold any more (and was discontinued in 2010). So one can't buy a brand new system with L5420 CPUs, even if he has the money.

All L5420 systems that you see on the market now have been used for at least 2-3 years. Which is not that bad, a good server board and CPU should have much longer life than 2-3 years.

By the way the same is true for the i7-920, it was a top notch CPU in 2008. Now replaced by newer models.