Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YardVPS Fraud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

YardVPS Fraud

lahoreonlinelahoreonline Member
edited August 2011 in Root

Its been 10+ hours and MY VPS is not setupped, and even on critical their support ticket is not answered, when it comes to payment, they want it on their first priority, and they claim instant setup, which is totally a fraud, I signed up after a review at LowEndBox.com, and this is what happened to me, can anyone help me regarding this issue?

Now online: Leave a question or comment and our agents will try to attend to you shortly =)Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Muhammad Bilal
New VPS - Grass Status Pending Almost 10+ Hours..why?
Sandy has joinedYou are currently being served by
Sandy
Sandy [agent]
Hi, how can we help you today? =)
Muhammad Bilal
i just signed up with you people..
10+ hours back
and still i have no details regarding my VPS...no ip info
no instant setup
can i know why.. even though it has been charged...
well...?
Sandy [agent]
Please open a ticket at our support desk, & provide me the ticketID with your vps details like host name, your email & let me know the ticket ID.
so that I will get atech on it urgently
Muhammad Bilal
i have already did that...
Sandy [agent]
to check the status of your vps
Muhammad Bilal
DSP-757399: Regarding VPS
and this is how you treat critical..?
Sandy [agent]
yes
I informed our tech regarding this
Muhammad Bilal [you]
I need a refund..
you have poor and pathetic service..
why do you setup such a service. when you cannot give support..
Sandy [agent]
our tech os checking the status
Muhammad Bilal [you]
and how long will that take..?
Sandy [agent]
it will takes few minuites
to check the status
Muhammad Bilal [you]
the ticket i placed..is unanswered
and its been almost 10+ hours..
how can i believe you.. that.. its gonna take in few mins..?
excuse me. i am trying to talk to you?
Sandy [agent]
our senioor admin is checking it
so please stay online
Muhammad Bilal [you]
well.. i am.. but.. your processing is so slow..
Sandy [agent]
I will provide you more info about it shortly
Muhammad Bilal [you]
listen i signed up for a month package to check VPS with you..
and its not even setuped...
dissappointing.. and. it. worries. me. spend money on you guys...
Sandy [agent]
we are sorry for inconvinience
Muhammad Bilal [you]
what does this sorry mean..?
i sign up with you.. and. you people waste my time...by such incripencies..
what do you expect...!?
Sandy [agent]
that means we value our custaomer , generally yard vps set up require less than 1 hour as it is done through automated software
Muhammad Bilal [you]
less than an hour..
and how much time do you think i have signed up..
Sandy [agent]
but as you are not getting it for more than 10+ hours so that our tech is checking it
Muhammad Bilal [you]
its way past the given hours..
Sandy [agent]
to nkow the problem
*know
Muhammad Bilal [you]
i signed up and i am not getting the service...
thats simple enough..
and how you compensate is.. just.. wait.. wait. wait.. cuz your technical is checking.. the whatsoever you setuped..
if you really value your customers..
then you should know. how to treat them..
and how to.. manage them...
Sandy [agent]
surely
thats why our tech is working on your vps isssue right now
Muhammad Bilal [you]
and what are they doing?
how will you compensate me for all this delay...?
hello...?
you there?
listen i dont have time for such nonsense
can you update me whether its gonna be online.. or you can return back my money...?
am i supposed to get a reply..?
HELLO..!!!

Comments

• @lahoreonline remenber this is not a support forum for providers, you might get lucky and maybe someone from YardVps will read your post.

On their site, they dont mention having instant setup, be a little patient; if you dont want to wait make a charge back if you pay with a credit card, if you paid with paypal thats going to be a little problematic.

And lastly, this is an issue they can only fix if you still want the vps or if you want a paypal refund.

• It's not even 24 hours yet, just give them a day or two.

P.S: Try formatting your chat log, a huge chunk of text is really hard to read.

• Just wait some time

I had a VPS there took them 2 days to setup

• Yeah I agree. Give them some more time, its probably manual setup.

• I wonder where in lowendbox.com you saw a positive review of yardvps ? maybe you can also read about the provider on wht.

• Well I don't think they are fraud. However, in order to use Yard, you need tons of courage and patience. And right now what you can do, unfortunately, is sighing. :)

• On their site, they dont mention having instant setup

The one time I used them, after 4 days of no VPS and no response to my tickets, I just cancelled and obtained a refund. Since then they have continued to be rude towards me, refused to answer any question posed of them and really just shown the negative side of internet webhosting.

Yard posted in a thread a few days ago but I'm not going to dig for it and we don't have a users page here as far as I can tell.

• ztecztec Member

I never liked YardVPS, only had windowsVPS with them though... I'm not 100% sure but I think they refunded me.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited August 2011

But yet when an offer of theirs is posted, I'm really the only one who expresses a bad review....

Or it seems like it to me.

edit: I don't know if this really is fraud. Have to admit that I'm not going to read all that in the original post.

• If you consider trying a YardVPS offer and get a refund later, please be informed that YardVPS does not issue any refunds. See the screenshot below, it’s a reply from their Director of Operations, Jimmy Lu: “We do not offer refunds as per our TOS.”
    http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6656/yardvps.jpg

• @Gary_ btw. I hope you checked the date of this thread before you bumped it on the top...

• I'd say that he probably gave up on refunds 5 months ago, when this thread was new.

• 1.6. Refund Policy Refunds will be given only at the discretion of YardVPS and generally not offered unless there are extranious circumstances. YardVPS is the sole entity that defines the conditions under which a refund will be offered. This refund policy applies to only YardVPS.

This is from http://www.yardvps.com/tos.html which you agreed to prior to paying them for service, so what is your point?

• I know this is a old post but nothing has changes and has even gotten worse.

In the last 20 years that I have spent in front of computers, running servers, setting up websites and now running a small hosting company I have to say that YardVPS is one of the worst that I have ever come across.

Their parent node setup is horrible see crash error logs images below, I ordered a small server to do some script testing on and in the last 3 months the server was up a total of maybe 3 to 5 days total.

A number of tickets were submitted along with the error logs only to get a reply from this guy Jimmy Lu (Vice President of Operations), telling me that the parent node has been running for more than 212 days. That is all good but if the OS’s have errors or the parent node cannot assign and maintain IP addresses then the parent node being up a so call 212 days does no good.

My advice stay away from YardVPS there customer service is very poor and their products are even worse, if the companies so called (Vice President of Operations) LOL has to respond to their ticket system that says it all.
    Thanks for letting me post.

Copy and paste the URL's in your browser to view log images.
    http://markmorinlogging.com/files/error1.jpg
    http://markmorinlogging.com/files/error2.jpg
    http://markmorinlogging.com/files/eventlog.jpg

• VPSCornerVPSCorner Member
    edited July 2013

@chrisgoat said:
    I know this is a old post but nothing has changes and has even gotten worse.

In the last 20 years that I have spent in front of computers, running servers, setting up websites and now running a small hosting company I have to say that YardVPS is one of the worst that I have ever come across.

Their parent node setup is horrible see crash error logs images below, I ordered a small server to do some script testing on and in the last 3 months the server was up a total of maybe 3 to 5 days total.

A number of tickets were submitted along with the error logs only to get a reply from this guy Jimmy Lu (Vice President of Operations), telling me that the parent node has been running for more than 212 days. That is all good but if the OS’s have errors or the parent node cannot assign and maintain IP addresses then the parent node being up a so call 212 days does no good.

My advice stay away from YardVPS there customer service is very poor and their products are even worse, if the companies so called (Vice President of Operations) LOL has to respond to their ticket system that says it all.
    Thanks for letting me post.

Copy and paste the URL's in your browser to view log images.
    http://markmorinlogging.com/files/error1.jpg
    http://markmorinlogging.com/files/error2.jpg
    http://markmorinlogging.com/files/eventlog.jpg

Many hosts use maximind for anti fraud. VPSCorner uses Maximind which sometimes makes us manually review the odd order. No idea about Yard.

• is that some story from vpscorner for handling fraud order, or you answering as a part of yardvps?

• VPSCornerVPSCorner Member
    edited July 2013

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    is that some story from vpscorner for handling fraud order, or you answering as a part of yardvps?

We aren't associated at all with Yardvps, sorry for not clarifying that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, we are not associated at all.

I was just stating that a lot of hosts use maximind

• Y> @VPSCorner said:

It was simply a mini-factoid about our practices when getting orders.

Really? Anyone reading your response would have concluded that VPSCorner=YardVPS.

• @joelgm said:
    Y> VPSCorner said:
    Really? Anyone reading your response would have concluded that VPSCorner=YardVPS.

No, the wording is now fixed. I was trying to explain it could be maximind.

• @VPSCorner said:
    No, the wording is now fixed. I was trying to explain it could be maximind.

I think you just read the first post by OP which was written few yrs ago, not the post that revived this thread...which is complaining about a different issue. (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/296155/#Comment_296155) that's why people misunderstood you.

• @zhuanyi said:
    I think you just read the first post by OP which was written few yrs ago, not the post that revived this thread...which is complaining about a different issue. (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/296155/#Comment_296155) that's why people misunderstood you.

My bad :P, yeah, I didn't even notice it was a year old. What is it with people reviving ancient threads :S. Ohwell, all good. Good luck to the person with the issue, I hope you get it resolved.

• @VPSCorner said:
    My bad :P, yeah, I didn't even notice it was a year old. What is it with people reviving ancient threads :S. Ohwell, all good. Good luck to the person with the issue, I hope you get it resolved.

And hope people would read the reviews online about YardVPS as well :)

I think there are plenty of bad reviews for them around.