Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best startup of 2011
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best startup of 2011

marrcomarrco Member
edited December 2011 in General

Not a real poll, but i'd like to know who do you think started this year a company that will be successful and last long.

my vote goes to KuJoe's SecureDragon. I got both a Xen and a Openvz with him. He did quite a few (minor) mistakes but was fast to admit, update, communicate with his customers when upgrading nodes and fixing things. On https://securedragon.net/announcements.php and http://drgn.biz you can see how much he did in the last few months. So i bet he will continue growing and attracting more customers in the next years. Mistakes and problems happen, and he was able to deal and solve everything in a very professional and efficient way.

Who was the best rookie of 2011 in the VPS industry in your opinion?

Comments

• Yes, I think the same.

But well, some companies didn't started at the start of the year, we still can't give an opinion of some new hosts that maybe will last more than one year :P

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited December 2011

I agree, SecureDragon has been extremely stable for a first year host. My Xen VPS rebooted for the first time in 2 months last night for a hardware upgrade/migration to a better node.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Yes, I like how there's announcements when things are happening like downtime or replacements. It's great that we're kept in the loop with these things.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

KuJoe gets my vote. Minus Tim they're the only super budget provider that I don't feel is a scam.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited December 2011

@Francisco said: KuJoe gets my vote. Minus Tim they're the only super budget provider that I don't feel is a scam.

I doubt I'd qualify as a startup, since I started Hostigation in 2006 and have been offering VPS since then as well, just not always offered LEB

I'll toss my vote at KuJoe and SecureDragon as well

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited December 2011

I must say KuJoe is one of the best startups of the year. I have spoken to him briefly and he did sound a very nice person. I think he even has/had one of our VPS before (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/lovevps-7-512mb-xen-vps-in-scranton/#comment-32949)

However I thought they where started in 2010? Not 2011?

Secure Dragon LLC was formed in October of 2010 in Largo, Florida by a small team who each contain specialized skillsets, knowledge, and experience to bring to the table. Armed with a combined goal to provide an excellent service and paired with the ability and the determination to provide the customer service and support needed, we have built Secure Dragon on a solid foundation.

• @Francisco said: KuJoe gets my vote. Minus Tim they're the only super budget provider that I don't feel is a scam.

How low is super budget?

< $20/y - $25/y is what I mark as super budget

Francisco

• Well Edis offer $23/Year (€17.40EUR) -- 128MB Ram -- 1GB HDD -- 100GB/Month Bandwidth on vserver in (Austria / Switzerland / Italy / DE / UK /USA).

• @net said: Well Edis offer $23/Year (€17.40EUR) -- 128MB Ram -- 1GB HDD -- 100GB/Month Bandwidth on vserver in (Austria / Switzerland / Italy / DE / UK /USA).

Was the company EDIS started in 2011?

• edited December 2011

This was in reply to francisco.
    'KuJoe gets my vote. Minus Tim they're the only super budget provider that I don't feel is a scam.'
    I should of been more clearer ;)

Edit: Edis have been going since 1999

• @AuroraZ said: Was the company EDIS started in 2011?

No, 2008.

• edited December 2011

@japon said: No, 2008.

Nope 1999.

As par their facebook : 'Founded Februar 1999'

• @net said: Nope 1999.

The official entry in the company register of the chamber of commerce states June 2008.

• @Japon

Perhaps under another name?

• @net said: Edis have been going since 1999

@japon said: No, 2008.

@japon said: The official entry in the company register of the chamber of commerce states June 2008.

@net said: Perhaps under another name?

@net said: seem to be around atleast in 2002

You two do realize you are arguing over not starting in 2011?

• @miTgiB said: You two do realize you are arguing over not starting in 2011?

lol

• I vote for iPap. :)

Oh wait. We said "Best"....

Thanked by 1tux
  • I vote UptimeVPS :)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone. You all rock! :)

@LV_Matt said: However I thought they where started in 2010? Not 2011?

We did start the company in 2010 but our official live date for selling VPSs was June 15th of this year. Here's a quick timeline to clear things up:

09/28/10 - BackupDragon.com purchased (development begins for off-site backup company)
    11/28/10 - SecureDragon.net and ServerDragon.com purchased
    04/19/11 - Secure Dragon LLC. registered
    04/24/11 - Beta of BackupDragon.com
    05/11/11 - BackupDragon.com live (non-VPS)
    06/10/11 - BackupDragon.com moves to Backup VPSs
    06/10/11 - ServerDragon.com live
    06/12/11 - ServerDragon.com listed on LEB.com for the first time
    07/20/11 - BackupDragon.com and ServerDragon.com now redirect to SecureDragon.net

• @francisco saying that you feel this is only company not a scam is a bit harsh. Based on that assumption you are saying I dmbhosting, quality servers, vmport just to name a few are all scammers we all have offers under 23 dollars.????

• @daimonb, I feel you're a bit of a scam. Your signature " all owned servers not leased!" is not true, right? You rent servers, don't you?

As you're based in UK, i feel it much cheaper and more efficient to rent servers in US than colocate them. But it makes your signature false advertising.

Qualityservers does it also, with their network page(They don't have half of the providers in bgp mix they're claiming).

@daimonb - your customer base isn't entirely those offerings though so you save face some there :)

You got uptimevps and quite a few others that are based in that price range almost entirely and are almost all dead.

Fran

• @mina don't know where you get your info but the nodes we use for vps's are owned be happy to show u a receipt if you wish

• @francisco apologies if I misread I understand now if I'm correct your assumption is based on businesses purely with Leb prices

• Just going back to edis apparantly they turned over 2.2 million euros in 2007 and had 10 employees.

not an assumption, it's the retarded pricing that's obviously going to go under.

The only people that thought uptimeVPS, for instance, was going to be here till their yearly deals renewed were complete greenhorns to the VPS market and really thought they were getting the deal of a life time.

• jhjh Member

@mina said: Qualityservers does it also, with their network page(They don't have half of the providers in bgp mix they're claiming).

Got that information directly from Burst :S