Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EvoBurst/VirtWire Global Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EvoBurst/VirtWire Global Review

Hello everyone. I would like to share my experience with the company that is now VirtWire Global with you... They offer a NAT VPS and are a part of LowEndSpirit. I became interested in their Roubiax, France location after I heard it was DDoS protected. Setup time was alright (almost instantly) but when I came on the server the CPU was HORRIBLE. A couple weeks later, Ryan decided to upgrade the CPU and migrated everyone's VPS to the new node. After this happened, I have had problems with their reverse proxy script that allows me to host my site on my VPS. I opened up a ticket asking for help about the issue and this is what happened...

http://i.imgur.com/jzn4XPE.png

Before that, I had asked a question about their policy and asked if I can order more bandwidth for my VPS... Again, the same thing happened.

http://i.imgur.com/4ad8b5x.png

Very unhappy with VirtWire Global, mainly with their support. I do understand this is a $3.50 NAT VPS but the issues I were having were not my fault.

Thanked by 1Termiet

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited January 2016

Were your tickets closed by them?

• Yes, they closed my ticket without any answer, and they also ignored me on the forum multiple times but answered others...

• Technically the forum is the only way to get support probably thats why he close the ticket.

• WolfWolf Member
    edited January 2016

@VPSAddict

Just read the rules and stop complaining.

What the website says:

NO Ticket Support - Forum ONLY.

• i83i83 Member
    edited January 2016

If you are still having issues with the reverse proxy you can always use Cloudflare as a 4>6.

@VPSAddict, It would get your sites back online pretty quick whilst its resolved or whilst you consider other options.

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • @masterqqq said:
    Technically the forum is the only way to get support probably thats why he close the ticket.
    @Wolf said:
    VPSAddict

Just read the rules and stop complaining.

What the website says:

NO Ticket Support - Forum ONLY.

Ticket support is allowed when it is an issue on their end... I also asked many times on the forum and they have not answered me once, but decided to answer others.

• NO Ticket Support

Why have a tech support department at all?

Thanked by 1VPSAddict
  • @angrysnarl said:
    Why have a tech support department at all?

Since they have more than one product? It's only the LES part that comes with no support.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    Since they have more than one product? It's only the LES part that comes with no support.

Makes sense.

• It doesn't matter if there is no ticket support, I tried reaching them on the forum and nobody has answered me and they are responsible for maintaining their products and services in which they were not doing.

• @VPSAddict said:
    It doesn't matter if there is no ticket support, I tried reaching them on the forum and nobody has answered me and they are responsible for maintaining their products and services in which they were not doing.

Next time you should ask on the forum first, and after some days if no one responded to you, then you can open a ticket with more details including that you have opened a thread on the forums but nobody replied to you.

The first screenshot shows you didn't bother giving the details, that usually means you didn't bother to open a forum thread. If you included that you have done so but didn't get a reply, then I'm sure you will get a different reasons than that.

The second screenshot, I can tell you that LES does not support additional bandwidth, you can get a bigger plan with more BW instead.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    The second screenshot, I can tell you that LES does not support additional bandwidth, you can get a bigger plan with more BW instead.

Honestly, there is no excuse as to why he blatantly closed my ticket. I had NEVER had a host do that before in two years of buying from over 10 companies. He could have said (at the very least) to ask on the forum. But I opened a ticket about something related to the service, not myself having a personal issue with the software I am attempting to install on the server, etc.

• @VPSAddict whats you user name on http://forum.lowendspirit.com

Thanked by 1joereid
  • @VPSAddict said:
    Honestly, there is no excuse as to why he blatantly closed my ticket. I had NEVER had a host do that before in two years of buying from over 10 companies. He could have said (at the very least) to ask on the forum. But I opened a ticket about something related to the service, not myself having a personal issue with the software I am attempting to install on the server, etc.

Hello

What support are you expecting when youre paying $3.5/year?

• @VPSAddict said:

It's not an excuse, it the rules. Regardless what you think, rules are rules, which you agreed to when you signed up. ALL LESs come with no ticket support, and if you don't bother understanding that, they can just close the ticket and ignore you. It could be a busy day and you just wasted another minute of their time reading your ticket, I think you deserve the ticket to be closed.

If you want 24/7 support that doesn't close your ticket regardless what you say, play the extra and get a linode, DO, or even vultr. Better yet, get AWS or rackspace, you get phone support too and you can yell at them if something breaks and they will listen, because they get paid for listen to your bullshit stories.

• @ChairHosting said:
    What support are you expecting when youre paying $3.5/year?

Well a good support cradles your back and is able to handle long hours of sitting in an office or home. It should definitely reduce neck strain and and be comfortable. I hear that sometimes lumbar support cushions can help as well.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    If you want 24/7 support that doesn't close your ticket regardless what you say, play the extra and get a linode, DO, or even vultr. Better yet, get AWS or rackspace, you get phone support too and you can yell at them if something breaks and they will listen, because they get paid for listen to your bullshit stories.

I was not the only one effected by them not having their reverse proxy script accessible. When anyone pays for a service they expect it to work, this service didn't work. I never had any ticket closed without an answer and I payed for some cheap services. I do not like Ryan and how he ignores me when I ask questions about the migration of the France node, etc. It's very unprofessional and I don't see any excuse. Once again, I know it's $3.50 but they still need to do their part as it could be effecting 100's of servers on the same node.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited January 2016

@VPSAddict said:
    I was not the only one effected by them not having their reverse proxy script accessible. When anyone pays for a service they expect it to work, this service didn't work. I never had any ticket closed without an answer and I payed for some cheap services. I do not like Ryan and how he ignores me when I ask questions about the migration of the France node, etc. It's very unprofessional and I don't see any excuse. Once again, I know it's $3.50 but they still need to do their part as it could be effecting 100's of servers on the same node.

Like I said, the service does NOT come with ticket support. This is a LES policy, not the pricing of the machine (though this is probably the reason why they had this policy). You paid for the server, not the reverse proxy script, it is an additional feature. I do agree with you that it should (in theory) work, but in the case it doesn't work, there are so many ways to fix the issue. The simplest way is to use cloudflare and 6 to 4 (or 4 to 6? whichever it is) it, just use IPv6 they provided and everything is done. Another way is to just use one of the assigned ports, since it's not for production anyways and using a non-standard port shouldn't make a difference.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Like I said, the service does NOT come with ticket support. This is a LES policy, not the pricing of the machine (though this is probably the reason why they had this policy). You paid for the server, not the reverse proxy script, it is an additional feature. I do agree with you that it should (in theory) work, but in the case it doesn't work, there are so many ways to fix the issue. The simplest way is to use cloudflare and 6 to 4 (or 4 to 6? whichever it is) it, just use IPv6 they provided and everything is done. Another way is to just use one of the assigned ports, since it's not for production anyways and using a non-standard port shouldn't make a difference.

The website has to be set up on port 80, the only way to do this is for the reverse proxy script to work. I think we can all agree that we pay for a server to use it for various reasons... Mine just happened to be to host sites as well as other things... I do not consider the reverse proxy an "extra" feature as it comes standard with their LES line and they advertise it so they should honor it and make sure it is usable.

edited January 2016

@VPSAddict said:
    The website has to be set up on port 80, the only way to do this is for the reverse proxy script to work. I think we can all agree that we pay for a server to use it for various reasons... Mine just happened to be to host sites as well as other things... I do not consider the reverse proxy an "extra" feature as it comes standard with their LES line and they advertise it so they should honor it and make sure it is usable.

The proxy script is given as is, no guarantees on whether it will work or not. If you are buying a server to host a website that MUST be on port 80, then why don't you get a server that has access to port 80 directly? There are many hosts offering $6-10 servers with dedicated IPs (even the budgetvz brand come with a dedicated IP), and if you are too cheap to spend $5 PER YEAR, then what can we do to help you?

It's like you go to burger king expected to buy a subway sandwich. And when they don't give you the stuff you want, you complain all over the place trying to trash them down.

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • @VPSAddict said:

Hello

If you have a port 80 requirement, just pay for a $12/Y VPS that has it. Why get one you know requires extra setup that may not even work?

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK ehab
  • @TheOnlyDK said:
    It's like you go to burger king expected to buy a subway sandwich. And when they don't give you the stuff you want, you complain all over the place trying to trash them down.

No, I am not cheap at all. Wanna see my collection of VPS and dedi's? Did it ever occur to you that maybe I wanted to learn about and get familiar with a NAT VPS?

• I remember why I stopped my hosting services ages ago... 3$/y is NOTHING and still you complain because the feature they provided additionally and free of charge does not work.

Read the order form and stuff again, then rethink what you actually 'pay' for. The box is up & available, so get over it.

Just spend 3-5$ more (per year!), get yourself a non - NAT - box and stop wasting providers time.

• @VPSAddict said:
    No, I am not cheap at all. Wanna see my collection of VPS and dedi's? Did it ever occur to you that maybe I wanted to learn about and get familiar with a NAT VPS?

1. Pay more and get one with a dedicated IP so that you can do whatever you want.

2. Get a NAT VPS and do what a NATted VPS is meant to do. Forget about the script, that is not part of NAT VPS. If you are trying to learn, there is no excuse at all on whether this thing works or not. AND IF you are really about learning, set up YOUR OWN reverse proxy and proxy everything to your NAT vps. THAT is learning, rather than complaining on a public forum about your rule ignorant skills.

• @Wolf said:
    I remember why I stopped my hosting services ages ago... 3$/y is NOTHING and still you complain because the feature they provided additionally and free of charge does not work.

Read the order form and stuff again, then rethink what you actually 'pay' for. The box is up & available, so get over it.

Just spend 3-5$ more (per year!), get yourself a non - NAT - box and stop wasting providers time.

How am I wasting their time asking for a feature to be fixed that they PROVIDE with the services?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    2. Get a NAT VPS and do what a NATted VPS is meant to do. Forget about the script, that is not part of NAT VPS. If you are trying to learn, there is no excuse at all on whether this thing works or not. AND IF you are really about learning, set up YOUR OWN reverse proxy and proxy everything to your NAT vps. THAT is learning, rather than complaining on a public forum about your rule ignorant skills.

It is obvious to me that you are are a shill. The script should work. Period. How am I complaining about it when they provide it? I do not understand this logic. That's like me buying a VPS, and the DDoS protection doesn't work... Being able to host a website is a necessity for most and to have it unavailable is just utterly disgusting.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

VPSAddict said: How am I wasting their time asking for a feature to be fixed that they PROVIDE with the services?

This script was part of the purchased product or part of a tutorial on how to use the purchased product? Just because they made the script doesn't mean that they're obligated to fix it or support it unless they are selling the script with the service.

"NAT VPS with setup script" = Required to maintain/support it.
    "NAT VPS" + after signup "Here's this script that may make this easier for you" = Not required to maintain/support it.

• They just migrated the services and pretty sure already knew about it. Beside that your ticket was more like: 'Doesnt work, fix it. Cant reach my website, tell me what to do! Help Meeeeeeee'

Thats not even asking due to a technical issue (as box & network were up), but kinda for a managed service aka. how do I set up XYZ?

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
    edited January 2016

@VPSAddict said:
    It is obvious to me that you are are a shill.

lol, no. I'm just a customer, and I know what to ask and what not to ask, and I've been happy so far. Ryan has been nice to me since I'm not an idiot who asks stupid questions.

@VPSAddict said:
    The script should work. Period.

no. Code your own script then you can make sure it works.

@VPSAddict said:
    How am I complaining about it when they provide it? I do not understand this logic.

lol.

@VPSAddict said:
    That's like me buying a VPS, and the DDoS protection doesn't work...

If it's a best effort ddos protection, then you cannot rely on it. But if it's a guaranteed (which is rare in Low End market) DDoS protection, then you can bitch at them if it doesn't work.

@VPSAddict said:
    Being able to host a website is a necessity for most and to have it unavailable is just utterly disgusting.

Then get something that's designed for hosting a website. AKA a VPS that comes with a dedicated IP.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    no. Code your own script then you can make sure it works.

I'm interested - how do you get the node to forward port 80 traffic to one of your NAT ports based on the domain? Can this be done by a user written script at VPS level?