Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASmallOrange.com Cyber Monday 75% OFF one-time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ASmallOrange.com Cyber Monday 75% OFF one-time

https://asmallorange.com/

Discount is one-time, triennially payment is available.

Free Double RAM on all VPS plans. VPS2+ comes with free CPanel and WHM.

So that is a 2GB RAM KVM VPS for $50/year or 4GB RAM KVM VPS with free CPanel for $75/year from a not low-end provider, but traffic amount is fairly low. That may be a viable option for someone who has missed their BF offer I guess. They have 90-days refund policy.

It seems discount coupon applied for any ASO's services (shared, VPS, dedicated).

I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

Comments

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

EIG flavor.

• $75/year with free cpanel? thats $6.30 month. Do they own cpanel.net?

• @WHT said:
    $75/year with free cpanel? thats $6.30 month. Do they own cpanel.net?

Not yet as far as I know but I am sure they have pretty good rates for internal cPanel licenses.

• I do not think that cpanel will sell a license under $7.

• @WHT said:
    I do not think that cpanel will sell a license under $7.

You must remember ASO is owned by EIG, EIG owns several tens of hosting companies and has several hundreds of thousands of cPanel licenses.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

To be fair I have never used them or their "minions", are they so bad? :) Maybe this thread should be removed?

• @bersy said:
    To be fair I have never used them or their "minions", are they so bad? :) Maybe this thread should be removed?

Calling them bad will be an understatement. Although ASO is an exception and still not as bad as its other EIG siblings.

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog bersy
  • @WHT said:
    I do not think that cpanel will sell a license under $7.

Many hosts who have been in business for long get unbelievable pricing on cPanel for example KnownHost offers internal cPanel licenses for 5$ a month.

• Hello ,

I checked the plans in their website but shows $600 for 4gb plan so it would be $150/ year

So can you get me a specific link for this offer ?

Thanks

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

@vlearnedu Hey, that's 2gb plan + free double ram.

Thanked by 1vlearnedu
  • @Shoaib_A said:
    Many hosts who have been in business for long get unbelievable pricing on cPanel for example KnownHost offers internal cPanel licenses for 5$ a month.

There are providers that offers the internal license for $2 or free but thats not the point. They cover the license fee with the service costs. But in this case am sure they are doing a loss lieder and dealing with EIG wont end good on the end.

• @bersy said:
    vlearnedu Hey, that's 2gb plan + free double ram.

Thanks bro

• Shoaib_A said: Many hosts who have been in business for long get unbelievable pricing on cPanel for example KnownHost offers internal cPanel licenses for 5$ a month.

Either they do get cheap licences and can afford to give the plans away for $6.30/month (highly unlikely as it is not just a license, but a 4GB VPS too), or this is a loss leader (more than likely) and they hope that they can make the money back when you renew at the full price.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

My first site ever was on bluehost shared hosting plan at $7.95/m. Yeah, lol. They weren't terrible, but their support was poor.

Site wasn't terribly slow either, but then I wasn't monitoring uptime with anything either.

bersy said: To be fair I have never used them or their "minions", are they so bad?

Thanked by 1bersy
  • jhjh Member

My guess is ASO will stop getting special treatment on Tuesday. This definitely falls into "too good to be true".

• @Ishaq said:
    Either they do get cheap licences and can afford to give the plans away for $6.30/month (highly unlikely as it is not just a license, but a 4GB VPS too), or this is a loss leader (more than likely) and they hope that they can make the money back when you renew at the full price.

@WHT said:
    There are providers that offers the internal license for $2 or free but thats not the point. They cover the license fee with the service costs. But in this case am sure they are doing a loss lieder and dealing with EIG wont end good on the end.

With uncountable number of customers that they have, cPanel would still make loads of profit if they provide them cPanel at ultra bottom unbelievable pricing. cPanel isn't a physical good that it has a fixed cost per item. Of course there are development, support, maintenance & other costs involved but its a piece of software where more they sell more is the profit. Even for physical items you can get unbelievable pricing if your order size is that big enough.

• boxelderboxelder Member
    edited November 2015

@Junkless said:
    Although ASO is an exception and still not as bad as its other EIG siblings.

Give the EIG Business Plan time to work its magic:

1. Let a host build up good will.
    2. Buy out that company.
    3. Slowly cut back on support / cram as many customers as possible onto the servers.
    4. Keep the pretty facade of former company to prime the pump of customer acquisition.
    5. As people catch on and client acquisition costs rise, find another buyout target to repeat the cycle again.
    Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • @boxelder said:
    5. As people catch on and client acquisition costs rise, find another buyout target to repeat the cycle again.

Totally agree.

• 12 hours later, still pending. Told them activate it tonight or refund me.

• This year a 85% OFF coupon code is EPIC

Thanked by 1postcd
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2016

@bersy said:
    This year a 85% OFF coupon code is EPIC

Yes, EIG is epic.

/s

Thanked by 1bersy
  • Aso lost their team about a month according to everything I have been reading. A shit ton of complaints on wht about them as late too.

Eig sucks dick on a good day.

• @zafouhar said:

@WHT said:
    $75/year with free cpanel? thats $6.30 month. Do they own cpanel.net?

Not yet as far as I know but I am sure they have pretty good rates for internal cPanel licenses.

To update my comment. cPanel and EIG have the same investors as such EIG gets all their cPanel licenses for free from what i've learnt apparently.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • I see it 85% now ... is it any good ? Should i get one ?

• @StevenGeorge said:
    I see it 85% now ... is it any good ? Should i get one ?

Read reviews please dont get burned. Btw. Its really cheap you can give it a try if you dont believe the reviews.

Thanked by 1kendid
  • zafouhar said: To update my comment. cPanel and EIG have the same investors as such EIG gets all their cPanel licenses for free from what i've learnt apparently.

Source?

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • I bought their yearly plan plus free .COM domain.

So far good.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2016

After my experiences with multiple EIG-owned companies, including A Small Orange, no inducement could get me to use another EIG-owned provider. EIG management views their customers and their own employees as exploitable resources, nothing more. EIG views reliability, product quality, customer service and support as unnecessary expenses, so EIG does its best to avoid them. STAY AWAY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

To see a list of the EIG-owned providers that you should avoid at all costs, scroll down to Company Structure / Subsidiary Brands.

• shhhhh, but the code appears to work on dedicated servers too :+)